Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-11-2017, 03:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
i have seen many get to it from the help of another person. i have meditated with gurus to help deepen my experience. From Jesus to Yoganda that was the practice. just as many people today do. im not a teacher or person whom does that activity. but there are many out there. one is on here now and then named jonesboy. i am not currently meditating with any gurus but may do so again in the future. cause it helps. i have meditated with a few. plus many psychics and so on. i play every card that i think may help me. that was a good card to play for me.
There are a few on here....Jonesboy...Still Waters...Dryad...and I can tell where they are at spiritually...it's like a kind of 'state specific recognition' where we all just astrally smile and wink to each other. In a way, I can also relate to Shivatar when it comes to having the experience, but lacking any practical application for it, which kind of makes it just a tad meaningless in regards to functionality and I'm still waiting for my guru to 'appear' as I have heard that this is how it happens...but then again, maybe I either wasn't meant to have one, or I am my own guru, like Ramana says...pretty hard to remain objective though when one is their own guru. lol
Old 02-11-2017, 03:49 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm
I had wondered lately of what use Bliss was in this physical realm? Yes its wonderful to be in that state but I really couldn't see how life can continue if we all went around on this blissful high every minute of the day, how would the human race function. I feel the same way about meditation too. There had to be something more to it that I was missing. So I began looking into my own experiences of these moments to see if I could find some patterns that might be helpful.

The Bliss always faded with time, but looking back I realised that the onset of bliss had always been at a point of giving up...of totally releasing the idea that I could thinkmy way into a higher spiritual state...to cease a continuation of thought without expecting that it would have a consequence...to come to a point where knowledge had no place to go...it wasn't of any use. At those points its there, whether its a powerful force or just a felt quickening of the heart, its always then that it happens.

But then why does it fade? Because I begin to dissect it in my mind, thinking my way through it trying to figure it out. I love to analyse things, and I've now realised you can't do that with bliss. So the mind with all its accumulated knowledge was of no use to get to this blissful state but we still need this mind to negotiate our physical world...it was then I realised that it was a blending of both, knowing when thought had its place but to also allow space for the bliss to present itself. It doesn't always come in a powerful mind blowing shower but can also be felt as a constant trickling stream.

Present spiritual teachers talk of following your bliss, your joy or highest excitement...so what if this Joy, this Bliss was actually our pathway, our guiding instrument for a better way of living. A bit like street lights highlighting the road before us...if we can live with a quieter mind we get to feel those moments when our hearts quicken telling us this is the way to move forward, the pathway to where you want to go for a greater sense of well being. I've found that following your bliss clears any previously thought based obstacles if we take it one step at a time...just following the breadcrumbs.

I went on holiday once, fell totally in love with the country I was in so much so that I was compelled to up sticks and move. There were so many obstacles I felt that needed to be hurdled...finance, convincing family, visa's, friendships ..so many reasons not to go but I felt I had no choice but to follow this blissful state I was feeling ...I had to go. The family were no problem, they all were up for the challenge, even my elderly mother who I couldn't leave behind. We got a good price for our house and sold within two days at the sudden rising of the housing market, not only that but the exchange rate was at the highest in decades in our favour and our residency visa's came through approved in record time. By the end of the same year we were all settled in a new home on the other side of the globe. It was a life changing move and proved to be a good one for all concerned.

So on a daily level, bliss doesn't have to be all consuming but if we are able to quieten the mind enough for us to feel what this energy within is guiding us towards it can change our lives in an instant. That to me is my meditation now, to constantly be aware of where my bliss, whatever level, is taking me. Imagine a world where we're all doing this.

That's very beautiful, Emm, thanks for sharing.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:49 AM
Deactivated Account

Thank you Naturesflow, Gem and Blossomingtree, I'm happy you found it to your liking.

Naturesflow, your insert about "the middle way" reminded me of what Bartholomew was saying in his thread "A little about Spiritual Development"...I enjoyed reading it, thanks.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:02 PM
Kioma

Bliss is like color - you can describe it all you want to someone else, but until they see it for themselves they simply can't know what it is.

Great questions here. What is it? What good is it? That's the type of reflection that can really lead one on, if that's what one wants to do.

IMO, bliss is simply our innate connection to divinity. God loves. Loving is giving. When we are able to contact that energy of giving that is the expression and emanation of God's love which supports and sustains ourselves and the entire universe, that is bliss.

But bliss is not an external experience, it is an internal experience. The bliss is inside ourselves, innate in our creation and life. As Blossomingtree alluded to, it is about setting aside the ego and giving up, about surrender, about letting go and letting our innermost feelings bubble up and show themselves, and being open to that. As such, the ability to experience bliss is an exercise of our own emotional openness, and of opening up who we really are.

This is the substance and utility of bliss.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:27 PM
Master
lif can be bliss
evry thng in lif can be bliss

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 02-11-2017, 04:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I think I got cosmically cheated somehow.

I am fully aware that I am not the mind, nor the body...I am pure consciousness and I have experienced it.

Nope, there's no bliss at all, just calm, peace, numbness, disassociation, detachment, not caring or giving a damn. There is nothing there...nothing!

I feel spiritually ripped off and want a refund. lol
When I have looked and seen nothing, it was showing me that I can be anything.
I can give a damn and care or not. I choose to be a part of evolving consciousness in a loving caring way.
How cool is it that there is this life that has evolved into being conscious of itself and how cool is it to be a part of where it goes from here.
Nothing is simply the indescribable power behind what we call something.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 02-11-2017, 07:14 PM
Experiencer
In my experience, bliss energetic states were like toll booths on the highway that charged me up. When things shifted for me, I was in and out of bliss amazed at just the swaying of leaves and the profundity of the sky/clouds despite having the realization that all is maya, to design it as such captures and calmed the mind. As Emm said, in the settings of everyday life, it's not something that I'm able to operate from and fulfill other duties().

I look at the chakra system as the pure energetic component of the path, remaining clear is a goal so energy can circulate freely within. I liken it to a nuclear energy facility, there are times of peak production, others of shutdowns for maintenance. When the kundalini energetics get wound up, I have a hard time differentiating my experience, the ego gets lost trying to keep up and begins to attach and detach in rapid succession, a ping pong effect.

Open hearted awareness is where i prefer to operate from, didn't realize it had a name until a few months ago. I find that in doing so my experience is one of connection to what surrounds no matter the form, yet I can still work with ego. It's different than the energetic chakra based bliss, but one that feels comfortable and able to be integrated, and where I can allow more without worrying.
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj

Last edited by EndoftheRoad : 02-11-2017 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WabiSabi
I'd be interested to hear your views on how that 'nothingness' and the 'bliss' that everyone speaks of are related. Are they like Yin and Yang? My personal experience was blissful, but it felt like an ego-based bliss. The reality that was revealed was, in my opinion, quite neutral.
Well, the Void was just that ...absolute....complete....vacuum...no one...just this One Awareness or Consciousness
or Being....and, um...turns out it was 'me'.
Because of this I completely understand why there is 'creation'...such an
aloneness...beyond belief...not good, not sad, not anything...just
the One...only the One.
it can't be said enough...such profound...Oneness in a vacuum of such black...
no bottom, no left...nothing.
Whew....I left there pretty fast cuz it was 'weird' for me...I wanted to share...as in, 'Hey, this is something isn't it?'
But, there's no one else....no one. whew.

I can not compare Bliss with the Nothingness. 'Neutral' is a good word as you said.
Some have told me they found it so peaceful...well, maybe they needed peace...I have peace, I'm not looking for peace
as I was in my 20s...I found no 'thrill' in Nothing.
(And that's why there is all you see, I guess!!!! Ha!)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-11-2017, 12:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm
Thank you Naturesflow, Gem and Blossomingtree, I'm happy you found it to your liking.

Naturesflow, your insert about "the middle way" reminded me of what Bartholomew was saying in his thread "A little about Spiritual Development"...I enjoyed reading it, thanks.

Your welcome, I felt the realness in your view as one with life itself, which is so important to the nature of all things we become through process of what opens in us aware. I am very conscious of my own becoming and how it serves more than myself alone in the bigger scheme of life and others.

The middle way serves me well, some might perceive you don't experience the deeper range of feelings that are within the whole spectrum of your arriving to this point, but you definitely do... I am very open and connected to the whole stream of what I have opened in myself aware. Ultimately my centre of being is grounded, open, balanced awareness. What I find is that being connected in this way, I am not needing to be self focused one way or another. Just being open and grounded serves me well. Life calls me I meet it as I am, as I know I can be now. The other aspect is that life around me allows me to move and meet life as it is in this way. Its not just about me alone, it is about the whole of life moving with me, so for me its an inclusive awareness of more than myself alone.

Completeness in feeling means everything is within you as you have come to open too and integrated as you.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 03-11-2017, 01:11 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, the Void was just that ...absolute....complete....vacuum...no one...just this One Awareness or Consciousness
or Being....and, um...turns out it was 'me'.
Because of this I completely understand why there is 'creation'...such an
aloneness...beyond belief...not good, not sad, not anything...just
the One...only the One.
it can't be said enough...such profound...Oneness in a vacuum of such black...
no bottom, no left...nothing.
Whew....I left there pretty fast cuz it was 'weird' for me...I wanted to share...as in, 'Hey, this is something isn't it?'
But, there's no one else....no one. whew.

I can not compare Bliss with the Nothingness. 'Neutral' is a good word as you said.
Some have told me they found it so peaceful...well, maybe they needed peace...I have peace, I'm not looking for peace
as I was in my 20s...I found no 'thrill' in Nothing.
(And that's why there is all you see, I guess!!!! Ha!)

I understand. I guess what I was asking is what does bliss mean for you?

Like I said, I've experienced bliss; but I am of the opinion that such bliss arises from the ego. That it is a response to a feeling of connection, but that it is not essential itself.

From what I have experienced, reality itself is absolutely neutral. It does not judge between happiness and sadness, or good and bad.

It seems that you believe that bliss is an essential aspect of reality, rather than just an emotional state. So I am just wondering what your views on the subject are.