Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 31-01-2011, 02:37 PM
kingfisher3210

I am scared after deep meditation today?

Hello to all beings,

I am meditating seriously for last few months. Before that i used to meditate on and off for 3 years.

Today morning, i had my deepest meditation experience where i felt connected to one source and heat and energy flowing through my body. After meditation i smiled and felt great ..It was an unbelievable pleasure during and after meditation.

Since morning, there is a sensation and dumbness on the top of my head..It is evening here in Asia where i live..so for last 12 hours after meditation i am having this sensation and dumbness on the top of my head. It is a strange feeling which i never had.

I have read about kundalini..looks to me chakras are opening up.

But i am scared...i typed on Google side effects of meditation and some people are saying not to go in deep meditation as it messes up brain circuit.

Please help me..this is a crucial moment in my spiritual journey

Thanks in advance for to everyone for the feedback.
Old 31-01-2011, 03:00 PM
kingfisher3210

It is a spaced out feeling definitely..looks to me i am floating around since morning after deep meditation.

I am also in state of high alertness since morning.

Great experience but is kinda scary..I am reading on google few techniques to get grounded back in earth.

Any tips from experienced meditators will be very helpful.
Old 31-01-2011, 05:31 PM
nventr

Kingfisher you are very right! Kundalini is not a toy to play with. It can do permanent damage to your psyche. There are whole groups that are just a bunch of schizophrenics, because they indiscriminately initiate everyone.

It's like atomic energy. In the right applications, it can bring great benefit. But it also can be the most destructive force on the planet.

If you have feelings of extreme fear to the point of paranoia, scattered to the point of craziness, or thoughts of suicide STOP MEDITATING. This practice is not for you.

Try an active type of practice like yoga or Tai Chi. If these practices do not help or continue to cause discomfort, then go to the deepest grounding practices of zen.
Old 31-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Enya

By the sounds of it, you haven't grounded yourself properly, you're still 'out there'.

Focus on your feet and spine... imagine roots emerging from both, like a tree. Imagine those roots going down and down into the earth, growing stronger. You may wish to anchor them around a large stone, but simply deepening the roots should be enough. When it feels right, imagine positive earth energy rising up those roots to balance and ground you. Imagine it reaching up to your heart and filling your aura.

Now, imagine your own energy pouring back into your body like a genie into a bottle. Imagine the bottle re-corking 'pop' as you are fully in. Get comfortable in your body again. Let your energy flow to your heart to mingle with the earth energy.

Next time, ground first before you go wandering and remember to return fully.
Old 31-01-2011, 06:22 PM
kingfisher3210

Thanks nventr and Enya. I appreciate your feedback.

I am now coming back to ground level. The problem was after deep meditation in morning, i had nothing to do..i was just lying and was still in meditative state.

After writing this post, i started to study for my exams and excess built up mental energy is getting used in understanding and memorizing studies.

Christopher Calder article helped me to understand the situation and get back to ground level. Here is an excerpt from the article:

"
Quote:
During meditation the human brain falls back into a simpler vegetative state where complex cerebral capabilities become inactive, and this has been demonstrated by functional magnetic resonance imaging scans (fMRI scans) of the brains of Buddhist monks and Hindu yogis. There is no reasoning, planning, measuring, or owning in meditation. Because so many energy intensive portions of the brain are turned off during meditative practice, the brain stores up large amounts of unused neurotransmitter energy. This saved energy is transformed into pure consciousness, and this is part of the reason that the practice of meditation takes so much time. Time is needed to store up sufficient excess energy, and time is also needed to gradually relax and let go of the thinking functions of the brain. During meditation the brain deeply relaxes at the basic level of energetic neurons, which form a sea of consciousness without personal attachments. The mind-brain then feels like cosmic life essence without any individuality."

Quote:
"Judging from my own meditative practice and reading of science, the buzz and bliss of meditation comes from a buildup of excess neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine in the brain. When you meditate in formal sessions, you are conserving the chemical energy of your brain by not wasting it on thoughts and sensory distraction. Thus, you become blissful and may experience nonsexual orgasms during meditation sessions, but that ecstasy gradually dissipates after you return to your normal work routine. The feeling of spaciousness and peacefulness continue, but the buzz settles down to a feeling of neutrality and quiet emptiness. There is no eternal orgasm-ecstasy-buzz-bliss possible because any human feeling that has a beginning must also have an end due to the inherent chemical nature of the brain."

It makes sense in my situation as after reading this i started to prepare for my exams and that helped me to back to ground level. Returning to normal work routine was the key otherwise i was floating in space for whole day !
Old 02-02-2011, 05:36 AM
kingfisher3210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
By the sounds of it, you haven't grounded yourself properly, you're still 'out there'.

Focus on your feet and spine... imagine roots emerging from both, like a tree. Imagine those roots going down and down into the earth, growing stronger. You may wish to anchor them around a large stone, but simply deepening the roots should be enough. When it feels right, imagine positive earth energy rising up those roots to balance and ground you. Imagine it reaching up to your heart and filling your aura.

Now, imagine your own energy pouring back into your body like a genie into a bottle. Imagine the bottle re-corking 'pop' as you are fully in. Get comfortable in your body again. Let your energy flow to your heart to mingle with the earth energy.

Next time, ground first before you go wandering and remember to return fully.

Thanks a ton Enya. Your advice is bang on the target. Following your advice, it is helping me to get grounded. Still on day 3 today i feel little bit spaced out feeling but much better then on day 1.

The feeling i am getting is excess energy is flushing out of my body and knees to earth.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:43 AM
kingfisher3210

Quote:
Originally Posted by nventr
Kingfisher you are very right! Kundalini is not a toy to play with. It can do permanent damage to your psyche. There are whole groups that are just a bunch of schizophrenics, because they indiscriminately initiate everyone.

It's like atomic energy. In the right applications, it can bring great benefit. But it also can be the most destructive force on the planet.

If you have feelings of extreme fear to the point of paranoia, scattered to the point of craziness, or thoughts of suicide STOP MEDITATING. This practice is not for you.

Try an active type of practice like yoga or Tai Chi. If these practices do not help or continue to cause discomfort, then go to the deepest grounding practices of zen.

Yes nventr..meditating with so much energy will lead to energy imbalance..This is out of context..I am not sure how body will handle excess energy.

Today is day 3 and i am still feeling spaced out though it has got much better after doing some grounding practice.

Few articles suggest this meditation energy can heal some worst diseases and disorder known to mankind but not much scientific empirical evidence has been conducted in this field.

I like mindfulness meditation which is an act of awareness from moment to moment in your daily life. I do realize i waste lot of mental energy in nonsense/non required thinking so mindfulness practice will help me to think what is required and essential to go on with my life.

Definitely mindfulness is preserving my mental energy by giving me awareness which thoughts are required and essential.

During Monday deep mediation, i focussed quite hard and concentrated quite deep and i could not believe the energy which got created/generated in my brain.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:42 AM
Master
Hi.

I think to read too many theories and what not can confuse the issues, and how I read it was youhad a deep meditation and came back with sensations in the top of head... and it all felt great.

After that you study and everything works fine.

I have sensations all over my crown all the time which can be a little intense but does not interfere with any daily activity, and I don't read kandalini horror stories so I never feel alarmed about it.

I think balance out meditation and physical activity and mental study and just relax and enjoy and don't believe the nonsense you read.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:34 AM
ringworld

Kundalini is a very powerful form to activate the energy and its experience is different from person to person.
From my experience though I think your body is working on to accommodate the new level of energies it is receiving/experiencing. Give your body time, healthy diet and do yoga which will help your body adjust to the extraordinary energies you receive.
Don't get worked up thinking too much about it , just accept those energies as they have the potential to change your life for the better.
I myself feel the same warmth 24X7 and it helps me in every step of my way through this life.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Master
Hi :)

I fill myself completely (compacted) with pure white light and seal my head with silver cap .

*HUGS*
:)