Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-07-2018, 12:44 PM
boshy b. good

everyone might like perfect.
buildings are perfect. ok so
we read through some books
or something, and learned
to live.

m. m. lao tzu's

boshy: also, us are be free to
do just that.

Last edited by boshy b. good : 05-07-2018 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:50 PM
Master

I'm not perfect and I do not try to be (been there done that and I've got a whole closet full of t shirts to prove it).

How can I learn the lessons I came to learn if I'm perfect?

By embracing my imperfections I become perfect.

Heaven doesn't want us when we have learned to be perfect; heaven wants us when just the way we are.

There are no serial killers in heaven because everyone is already dead.

No thieves so because everything is free and in a abundance.

No rapists because there are no secrets. No one can sneak up on you.

So what's a imperfect guy or gal gonna do in heaven? He'll have to reincarnate on this imperfect world if he wants to do bad stuff.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:52 PM
Angel1

Well, if perfect means happy, abundant, healthy, filled with his Divine Love, feeling His Presence all over...I'm in!
So far, I'm pretty darn close!!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-07-2018, 03:44 PM
Master
Source doesn't want our perfection for the sake of perfection...IMO it's not even about perfection. It's about realisation.
God (What Is, One, Consciousness) wants us to be who we are...and to know who we are.

And to own who we are. The good, the bad, and the ugly.
To call good good and bad bad, based on what is right-aligned and what is not, within and without ourselves.

That's where everything begins...with the good, the true, and the beautiful.

So if the good is synonymous with the true and the beautiful...
Where does the bad and the ugly come in?
Well...These are only different names for what is misaligned within and without ourselves. For what is misaligned within, between, and amongst us.

The bad and the ugly may not be beautiful to us but so long as we own them, there is truth. And paradoxically, there is always some beauty in truth, and thus, some good.

So long as we own where we are, it is possible to consciously move toward right-alignment, and transform the truth of misalignment into the truth of alignment, which reveals a greater beauty and a greater good.

It's all about ownership as we are here and now. And taking conscious choices toward right-alignment within, between, and amongst ourselves.
It's not about being perfect. It's about being who we are, consciously.

We cannot be perfect. (IMO that implies our nullification or non-being.) But we can be who we are AND we can fully own that.
And in fact, I'd say that's the more challenging of the two, hahaha...
Because that clearly implies there's always more to do and be and that our full engagement is actively needed.

I.e., it clearly implies that everything (and everyone) matters.
I.e., Being who we are and fully owning that clearly implies authentic love of one and all.

God doesn't want our perfection...that would be tedious and predictable, with nothing further required of us.
Actually, what is desired IMO is far more challenging than our mere perfection or some "finished product". It is our authentic self, conscious, present, and fully owned.

God actively seeks authentic love with all that is, demanding (so to speak) that we engage in all we are and in all we do with all our heart, with all our soul, and with all our might.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke

Last edited by 7luminaries : 06-07-2018 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-07-2018, 03:02 AM
boshy b. good

perfect be a grace. might be equal
to filled up well. if someone's not
perfect, someone seeks more grasp.
buckle's up to perfect, for the cure.
Old 07-07-2018, 07:27 AM
Knower

I think it's better not to think of "God" as an outside force that desires one thing or another.

The only question is what do you want?
Old 09-07-2018, 12:23 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compendium
In my opinion it is wrong because we are all a part of God/Source/Creator therefor we are already perfect. We are simply here to be happy and have experiances. He made this creation for us to enjoy except some seem to have forgotten this along the way. In my opinion mass religion was created as a form of control.

To be perfect means to be without fault and correct in every way, so how could we be perfect already? Although you could be right if you are saying God has faults and flaws.

It certainly looks that way about religion doesn't it. Either that or it came out of something else and got corrupted.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:25 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Many will know perfection, few will experience it.

It is said by some that we already 'are' that, or there is nowhere to 'go' and nothing to 'do' and that is fine... provided one already has achieved the awareness of that...had that experience.

For those new to the path (that goes nowhere) or if you are speaking with somebody who is very lazy, greedy, depressed, angry, hurtful, wicked etc and say "you don't need to do anything or go anywhere because you are already perfect as you are" they may say "goody...I thought about becoming a better person, evolving spiritually, improving my life, serving others, attaining liberation etc, but seeing as how I already AM that, and there is nothing to do, nowhere to go, nothing to achieve, do or try because I am already perfect as I am, being a lazy, angry, hurtful, boastful, lying, gluttonous, selfish, axe murderer, why bother with any of this "spiritual stuff" then? That's cool, another thing I can cross off my bucket list..

But that is still buying into the idea that we all have to become a perfect version of ourselves somehow, but why should we? Why would that be necessary to reach spiritual heights or God, whichever suits your flavour of religion or belief that is.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:27 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
lol, exactly, this I AM already perfect as I AM is a dangerous game to play that will only end one way . This dangerous game is the same game that one play's when they say there is 'no-one here' that can be perfect or not .

It is such a weird mix of ignorance and denial that leaves one in a fantasy world . A self that is estranged from how things are .

x daz x

Interesting username for someone who says we have to become a better version to reach God, by 'Like' God I assume you mean you are part way there.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:33 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
In my book this thing called 'god' isn't interested in anyone, whether person, animal, plant or mineral being 'perfect'. He/She/It doesn't care if you eat pork, don't wear a hat in church, have a degree in divination or quote verses from the Bible.
Let's call him/her/it 'O' for simplicity.
O is a part of this thing we call (but have not yet understood) evolution. All evolution needs to move along is experience(s) sufficient to get things moving and changing. Basically O has set up a cause and effect system. This cause and effect system plays out all over the universe, creates suns, pushes planets away, pulls them together - and so on. The universe- as is life - is both chaos and order. In life the same rules apply as do any rules on another maybe far away planet.
At some time the planet Earth because of its to that moment total of experiences created/developed/discovered consciousness - according to nature's laws - the ones set by O.
We as well as everything else is/are here to add to the total experience of our planet which is in a solar system in a galaxy in a total of two trillion galaxies which we call the universe.

I'm not going further at this moment, but look at the things around you and see.

But are you sure this God you mention has 'set up' anything the way you suggest? It sounds a bit like the test theory, that we are being tested all the time to make the right decisions and if only we could figure out the rules we would have a better time of it.

There are lots of examples of the lack of a cause and effect in the universe, even scientific studies showing people can change the past.

How do we know cause and effect isn't an illusion? The mind just compensating for a fear of chaos, or something else?

Look at how many things you do in your life that never turn out the way you tried to cause, that happens to everyone.