Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 11-03-2017, 03:35 AM
Master
Can someone remove another person's karma?

Is it ever possible or warranted for a high level practitioner or Teacher to remove another persons karma or to go through it for/with them?
Old 11-03-2017, 03:46 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Is it ever possible or warranted for a high level practitioner or Teacher to remove another persons karma or to go through it for/with them?

Why do you ask, django?

shiningstars
Old 11-03-2017, 04:00 AM
Suspended
Quote:

They'll surely tell you, they can . But can you see it or feel it , if you can't then how can you know it has been removed. Or just to comfort oneself or cheating.

My opinion is no human can or God also can't otherwise evil doers can do bad things and reduce it again and again. So what's karma for? Like an empty talk!

Last edited by Jeremy Bong : 11-03-2017 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstars
Why do you ask, django?

shiningstars

I'd only really like to say I ask for personal resaons, and I wonder what the Buddhist position would be
Old 11-03-2017, 04:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
They'll surely tell you, they can . But can you see it or feel it , if you can't then how can you know it has been removed. Or just to comfort oneself or cheating.

My opinion is no human can or God also can otherwise evil doers can do bad things and reduce it again and again. So what's karma for? Like an empty talk!

I agree Jeremy, it seems like it shouldn't be possible, it doesn't add up in one way, but I still wonder what the actual Buddhist attitude would be, there might be unusual circumstances in which it is permissible and doesn't violate a 'natural' law of karma?
Old 11-03-2017, 06:32 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
If there is belief in karma then there is karma.
If one who does not believe in karma causes another one to drop his/her belief in karma then the former has removed the latter's karma.

However removing another one's karma should not be confused with removing another's conditionings (psycho-mental habits) that he/she has acquired in his/her life starting with birth because although it is possible to remove another one's karma through removing his/her belief in karma it is not possible to remove another one's conditionings deliberately.
But under special conditions it is also possible to remove conditionings. It is just impossible to deliberately remove conditionings. And even if conditionings are removed by chance they are usually merely removed temporarily. But even if only removed temporarily this makes a great difference because then it is known that conditionings can be removed and how it is when they are removed.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:30 AM
Master
Quote:

No one can remove anothers karma, its' our own responsibility.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:11 AM
Ascender

No. Your karma is your karma alone. It has to be faced if not in this lifetime then it must be faced in another.
By your question I assume that you're referring to bad karma, if I'm correct in my assumption then all you can really do is try to accumulate some good karma by performing some meritorious acts whenever you get the chance. Good luck and best wishes. Shaun.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:18 PM
Master
It is possible to help someone remove Karma, but it is you that has to finally let go.

A real guru, can provide depth/silence to quiet the mind as well, by his presence the energy to help clear the obstructions/karma.

Ultimately, even with assistance of Divine Grace, one still has to let go..
Old 11-03-2017, 05:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
It is possible to help someone remove Karma, but it is you that has to finally let go.

A real guru, can provide depth/silence to quiet the mind as well, by his presence the energy to help clear the obstructions/karma.

Ultimately, even with assistance of Divine Grace, one still has to let go..

What is a ' real guru ' ?