Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2018, 07:11 AM
Master
"Kashmir Shaivism and the Decline into Non‐duality

While the original Shaivism was more in touch with reality and embraced the presence of duality Kashmir Shaivism, under the influence of Advaita and Buddhism, leaned towards a non-dual interpretation of reality. This is commonly seen to be a positive development in Shaivism, but from a higher standpoint, actually represents a regression".

With that, I was starting to feel something stirring deep within me, something I have held back and held out on for a very long time at it was starting deep within my heart, like a very familiar exquisite pain as I felt all the air totally draw from my lungs as I read on:

"Non-duality is solely a mental construct. It is in conflict not only with the nature of evolution and reality, but with basic common sense. It is what happens when the science of spirituality comes to be dominated by intellectuals. Instead of perfecting the art of reaching enlightenment, the scholars of Shaivism were engaged for centuries in useless intellectual debates. Due to this, Shaivism has become more of a philosophy than an
actual path to awakening".

It was like I had found another piece of the puzzle, as I started feeling a growing presence without my awareness of localisation within space and time...I decided to just ignore it and read on...

" The fact that the original Shaivism degraded into non-duality and lost its grasp of the inherently dual relationship between soul and the absolute negatively impacted its understanding of the nature of spiritual evolution. How can we comprehend the laws of self realization if we live in denial of our individual existence? Why?"

Now here is this guy asking all the questions I have asked of Lord Shiva for years...right here in front of me:

"Why did the original Shaivism decline into non-duality? One possible explanation is that, as was noted, it was always inclined toward mysticism, fanatical devotion, manipulating energies and psychic channels, and the use of hallucinogens or other intoxicants.

One example is the infamous soma, the ‘nectar of gods.’ According to archeological speculation, soma was an intoxicating drink prepared from a combination of opium, cannabis, and ephedra. The combination of these three elements must certainly have caused the teachers of these traditions to lose touch with reality" (or maybe to only get a very brief glimpse OF it and that's all):

"Another cause for Shaivism’s decline was its over-intellectualization. For the linear mind, putting reality into the non-duality box is cleaner and much more orderly. It also appears to make more sense from the perspective of those who do not possess a refined intelligence and imagination.

Above all, when the soul is absent, perhaps non-duality is indeed a better option than the lower, false duality of ignorance".