Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 12-02-2017, 02:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulyo13
I'm not "enjoy" or "not enjoy" it. There are many articles like this in internet and many of them are incorrect. For an example,
A soul/eternal self and the true self, both of them are different. Just because a soul/eternal self and the true self are something 'eternal', the author interpreted both of them are same.
The other one is, when he said that most Buddhists will say there was no soul/eternal self in Buddhism, and true self in Buddhism are diametrically opposed to what we normally think of as "ourselves". One using general understanding, but the other one use 'special' understanding. So.. whether the answer is yes or no, Buddhist's answer will labeled wrong or not understand.
And the true self can not be interpreted as true soul. The closest right meaning of the true self is the one's own true nature.

These days, articles written by someone who only studied Buddhism and have an academic title are more reliable than articles from someone who didn't have an academic title but have followed Buddhism his whole life

It came from a very reliable source actually, I wouldn't have posted it otherwise It is written by Dr Tony Page who has studied the Mahayana
Mahaparinirvana Sutra for over 30 years
Old 12-02-2017, 03:12 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
It came from a very reliable source actually, I wouldn't have posted it otherwise It is written by Dr Tony Page who has studied the Mahayana
Mahaparinirvana Sutra for over 30 years
If you think that it is a very reliable source, than take it.
My reliable source only from my teacher who is a Buddhist monk and my seniors(also a Buddhist). Also Tripitaka

Btw, I think you should read his article about Buddha and God. I think you won't find it on his website, but you still will find it on internet.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulyo13
If you think that it is a very reliable source, than take it.
My reliable source only from my teacher who is a Buddhist monk and my seniors(also a Buddhist).

Btw, I think you should read his article about Buddha and God. I think you won't find it on his website, but you still will find it on internet.

He is a Buddhist
I find lots of reliable sources on the internet which I find interesting, I like to see how others interpret teachings in their own individual way like the Buddha told us to do, but at the end of the day the most reliable way is my way not any Teachers, a Teacher teaches their own interpretation, I look inside for my own interpretation.

I'm not really interested in Buddha & God articles,you enjoy it, or not enjoy it.....
Old 12-02-2017, 03:57 PM
Knower

Truth can lose, but can not wrong - unknown