Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-01-2012, 08:08 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
"Depends where we visit in dreams?" Always assuming that dreams are not simply internally generated ie that we don't actually visit anywhere....

We have so little (if any) control of our dream state that we're unable (well I'm unable) to perform even rudimentary checks of our status while we're asleep.

I'm not including so-called lucid dreams here, just the regular night-time ones.

Lucid dreams are very different,Mac.
Dreams where we can remember every single detail,dreams which are never forgotten.
I have had only three lucid dreams of Ken in six years,he was as real to me as if he was standing by my side.
Rubbishy dreams,had plenty of them as well. Nightmares,the lot.....
Old 24-01-2012, 08:13 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Lucid dreams are very different,Mac.
Dreams where we can remember every single detail,dreams which are never forgotten.
I have had only three lucid dreams of Ken in six years,he was as real to me as if he was standing by my side.
Rubbishy dreams,had plenty of them as well. Nightmares,the lot.....

That's why I excluded them, J.

From what I've heard, I'm minded to accept that they are real and very different indeed from regular ones, but I've no personal experience. I wondered recently whether to look into how they can be 'encouraged' but then thought "What the hell - I don't need 'em anyway!" but I do accept that folk experience 'em and some participate actively.
Old 24-01-2012, 09:05 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
That's why I excluded them, J.

From what I've heard, I'm minded to accept that they are real and very different indeed from regular ones, but I've no personal experience. I wondered recently whether to look into how they can be 'encouraged' but then thought "What the hell - I don't need 'em anyway!" but I do accept that folk experience 'em and some participate actively.

If you have never experienced 'Lucid' dreams,then I can understand why you have doubts about them.
You are not the first one,Mac.
One fact always stands out to me concerning these kind of dreams.
There is no hearing 'speech' like we do in life here.
In the last dream I had with Ken,I realised after waking up,that he communicated silently what he was showing me.
I instinctively knew that the place I was in,was some kind of 'meeting or welcome' hall or room.
He was showing me where this is where we come after physical death.
Though not necessarily for everyone.
Old 24-01-2012, 09:26 PM
mac

Quote:
If you have never experienced 'Lucid' dreams,then I can understand why you have doubts about them.
You are not the first one,Mac.
One fact always stands out to me concerning these kind of dreams.
There is no hearing 'speech' like we do in life here.
In the last dream I had with Ken,I realised after waking up,that he communicated silently what he was showing me.
I instinctively knew that the place I was in,was some kind of 'meeting or welcome' hall or room.
He was showing me where this is where we come after physical death.
Though not necessarily for everyone.

"If you have never experienced 'Lucid' dreams,then I can understand why you have doubts about them."

It was doubt some time ago but since analysing what's been written I've reached the conclusion such dreams are authentic. I haven't experienced various issues to which I now subscribe, but I've been persuaded of their authenticity based on the way that others relate their accounts, on questions I have posed about them.

In contrast I've rejected other notions for similar reasons.
Old 24-01-2012, 09:39 PM
deepsea

There you are,you see.
Always knew you were a wise old bird,Mac.
Sensible too.
Always willing to listen to the other's point of view.....not many do that.
Old 24-01-2012, 09:43 PM
mac

Quote:
There you are,you see.
Always knew you were a wise old bird,Mac.
Sensible too.
Always willing to listen to the other's point of view.....not many do that.

wise old bird? - old, yes....
Old 24-01-2012, 09:57 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
wise old bird? - old, yes....

Not yet,Mac. Wait until the great '70's' hit you,then the irritation sets in when folks absolutely refuse to take your opinion as gospel......

Off to dreamland.....another lucid dream?????
Old 24-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Experiencer

I've never had a lucid dream either: which is probably why I don't put a great deal of stock in my own dreams.

Jim
Old 25-01-2012, 03:36 AM
mac

Quote:
Not yet,Mac. Wait until the great '70's' hit you,then the irritation sets in when folks absolutely refuse to take your opinion as gospel......

Off to dreamland.....another lucid dream?????

It's often said you're as old as you feel - ouch!
Old 25-01-2012, 03:42 AM
Arawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel*Child
Is there a specific reason why a spirit may show itself to a person? I used to think that they wanted something, but from my experience, it just seems like all they want is for me to know that they're there. Is it just the person, or something deeper?

I think sometimes the spirits just want to be recognized and to let the person know that they're there. At other times, I think they just want to let the person know that they're all right. Other times, they could be delivering warnings or prophecies or maybe just want to mess with a person.

I think it really varies on the spirit and whether or not they know what they're doing or if they just accidentally show up.