Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 27-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Lost_TeddyBear

Question Can communication with spirits be proven...?

Have there ever been any controlled studies that can prove, beyond any showdow of a doubt, that one can communicate with the spirit world?

For myself... who is struggling this winter with all kinds of spiritual issues... ie.. is there a God, an afterlife etc... It would make it so much easier to believe if there were some type of studies that can be verified.

Supposedly... there was someone that offered a million dollars to anyone that can prove that there is such a thing as spirits, psychic phenomenon etc... and SUPPOSEDLY... no one has yet to take the challenge and win.

I mean... even someone like Sylvia Browne, who I always thought was on the money has been under fire lately for saying things that turned out to be false.

It just amazes me how so many people out here are so much sure about their concept of the way the universe works and me, after reading and reading and reading for days and even weeks at a time, am more confused than ever.

I hope I made some kind of sense here.

Have a nice weekend guys!

DAVID
Old 27-01-2007, 01:26 AM
Deactivated Account
i've been where you are now, and you're quite right to question everything, you won't be convinced of the afterlife/spirit communication until you recieve hard evidence personally imo.

as for sylvia browne even if she has got some things wrong, isn't that very human ?and did those who slated her mention the millions she has given comfort and hope to? we all make mistakes and get things wrong whatever our 'path' in life' it's all part of learning and growing.

i wouldn't take the challenge either, what's a million quid in the grand scheme of things, telling a mother her child is safe and well in spirit is something you can't put a price on, it's priceless, imo (and at risk of offending mediums who charge)

one snippet of advice i can give you, take it or leave it, is accept what feels right, deep inside yourself, if your gut reaction is 'what rubbish' reject it.
there is also such a thing as 'trying too hard' as well, relax a little and enjoy your journey xxxxx
Old 27-01-2007, 02:21 AM
Pounamu

'Way back in the 1950s, David, I was there too. The Cold War with its threat of nuclear war breaking out and everything in my world being destroyed, made it a priority for me to find out, why was I here, and was there life after death? In those days, even though I had gone from a country home to be in a university town and had libraries and bookshops to browse, there were only a few books on the subject; but I eagerly read them and spent all my spare cash on the new ones that had come out.

I am now 75, and the details of the references have long gone from my memory; but from decades of study of things spiritual I am quite sure that there is a continuance of life after the gateway called "death". We are "spiritual beings having a human experience", and thank goodness that experience doesn't go on forever, its too painful and turbulent; but we as consciousness do go on forever - of that I am certain! So even though I can't exactly quote chapter and verse of proof, my distillation of all I have read and experienced tell me that the proof is there, and I now accept continued life as a fact.

One proof is that mediums often give information from departed relatives or friends to associates still on the physical, of personal details that only the departed and the associate would know. Now of course that could be explained away as "mind-picking" if you insist - however circumstancial this evidence is, there's a lot of it out there - probably a lot more today than when I was looking. Its difficult to study by scientific method, simply because you're dealing with energetics of people; and a preconceived idea of the possible outcome, or a negative approach can and does impinge on the result - which is why psychic research is a bit tricky. Thoughts are things! And what one person would call "proof", another wouldn't. As Daisy says, in the ultimate, you have to learn to evaluate these things by "gut feeling", and then see how it works out when you apply your new understandings to your daily life. In My Opinion!

A lot can be accomplished by intending to find the information you seek, because one of the purposes of life as a human is that you will come to understand it all; so the universe and its many beings are set up to help you in your search if you determine to follow it up... synchronicities, "co-incidences", "chance" happenings, will occur that bring you closer to your goal... you'll see!

Hope that has helped!

Pounamu
Old 27-01-2007, 02:31 AM
Deactivated Account
'thoughts are things' how true this is Pounamu, living things, and very powerful.
Old 27-01-2007, 02:36 AM
Deactivated Account
ps to above imo.
Old 27-01-2007, 12:51 PM
ArgusLowell

We currently have no proof that anything metaphysical or supernatural exists. Otherwise, it wouldn't be so mysterious; proof would make it mundane and it would lose it's power over us. We can believe in things that are not proven, and we can let our faith in things unknown guide us in our life; and should it turn out that we were right or wrong in our beliefs, then at least they got us to where we are.

A story:
The sparrow flys, looking always to the ground. Searching for food, a nest, a mate, and the nessiceties of life. One day, caught in a storm, the sparrow finds himself looking UP. And in looking up, he sees the clouds he has never gone beyond. He begins to think that above these clouds is a place where his food and nest will be given to him, and so he spends his time trying to fly above the clouds. He neglects his food, and his mate. His nest falls apart, and he becomes weakened from lack of food. Then, he finally reaches above the wispy barrier, and he sees it. He does not see easy food, or a grand nest, but a beauty beyond description. Having spent the last of his strength to fly to this height, the sparrow sees how he was wrong; yet given the choice to start over, he would strive to see this beauty again.
Old 27-01-2007, 05:47 PM
dreamer

Anything you want proof of will be proven if you want it badly enough and believe it to be true - this is a dream after all!!
Old 27-01-2007, 05:49 PM
dark_veil

I would say look inside your own soul there lay the answers you require, I have seen and been touched by spirit world I have no doubts what so ever that it exists. Look upon nature there also lay the answers

Meditate for a while, see what you see, ask spirit world to give you a message

huggs
dark veil
Old 30-01-2007, 01:16 AM
Lost_TeddyBear

Thanks for all the replies.

DAVID
Old 30-01-2007, 05:11 PM
spiritalk

Perhaps taking charge of the communication would help you to believe? When there are talents of mediumship, the student learns how to connect and interact with spirit realms. An attunement with your own spirit guide and partnership of work, would help to define your own beliefs.

God bless, J
Closed Thread