Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 29-07-2016, 06:07 AM
Master
Peace

“Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.”

― Dalai Lama XIV

In this world I find myself immersed and open to much of life's movements and behaviours. Very aware of them as they are and require to be. The more extreme nature of war and pain, inflicting and harming others has been part of my walk of over the last six months challenging me to hold my peace. Being more open to life in so many ways in myself and with a willingness to look at life directly as it is, can be challenging, not only to my empathy, feelings and heart, but also my peace within me.

When you are open and aware in this way and staying present with what is, it not only challenges you in the pain and harm others endure, but the nature of those inflicting pain, provoking others in their pain, who seek to hurt and harm. This one is trickier and more of challenge. I am very aware of this behaviour, being a projection of their own pain and suffering in some form. I understand this.

Many will say, that each person has their own process and journey, but we as humans in the inter related nature of all life in every way life is, have a personal responsibility to all life where we can and with what we have to support other life.

SO even as I may understand the nature of suffering and pain in everyway it inflicts and tries to bring others down, understand everyone has their own journey, I also understand that we all have choices and our choices change the more we all choose as a whole.

The most important aspect of life is to take care of life in my view. Take care of those who are harmed and hurt, inflicted upon. I know for myself I do what I can in my own world. I observe and listen, discern and try to support life as best as I can in the circle of life I am involved in.

Life outside of my own reality still affects me. I take in what is there, and allow myself to be aware through much going on. I don't do this to inflict myself with pain and misery, but simply to build a deeper awareness of life, all life as it is and move myself accordingly.

I learn from life in myself, to understand how life is as it is, to build my own peace through all that deeper and aware.

I am beginning to understand the quote above. It is a practice in me to be aware of others, stay open but not let others affect me where by I lose my peace. The world around me challenges me to dig deeper, because the worlds struggles, wars and pain is much greater and much deeper than my own now.

Where I am in myself aware and at peace with my own pain body, being aware and conscious of the world's pain and suffering, has been much harder, to sustain my peace, being more open and clear, I find in myself, the pain hits harder because your open and feel it all, the pain is heavier pain, harder suffering than my own in most cases but I use this awareness to not be afraid, but more to be aware and dig deeper.

I use the reflections to move me deeper and ground me stronger and I feel myself now finding balance in this way more so than ever before.

Much of my own suppression in feeling, as child was to suppress the pain of others around me that I could feel and were completely skewed and false to me. So my signals of others pains and fears, became my own. Opening up again, you have to be willing to feel it all again and build a deeper grounded level of peace that is no longer trapped in fear.

I choose to look at life more directly to build my peace deeper, my feelings flow more freely and I am aware of myself as I was and how I can be now.

And as the quote above suggests, my process and body feels more like it can be aware in this light now.

Thank Buddha..(Just to be different.. )

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 29-07-2016, 07:41 AM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow

― Dalai Lama XIV

I was curious about this subject too. The masters I heard speak on it basically said nothing is permanent. That seems to be their view. Some big war is going on somewhere in the world. Then, it is not going on. Everything is in a state of flux or a process and change. Tolle said something similar to Jesus in that people who harm others are ignorant. They know no better. They can't be blamed because they are basically on auto pilot. They have no self awareness. They follow their conditioned thoughts like robots. They blindly follow their lower animal natures. As Jesus said, "father forgive them they know not what they do."

But like you alluded to, we don't have to let others destroy our inner peace. In the astral world, according to what I have read, we are pretty much segregated according to our spiritual development. There really is no mixing of lower and higher souls unless we have acquired the role of a mentor or teacher. But on earth, all mix together, on purpose for maximum growth potential. Higher souls have to deal with lower ones, usually within the same families. But once kids grow up, they can escape abusive parents and relatives and choose to not associate with them. As adults, we chose who we let in our lives. We can choose to only surround ourselves with kind loving people. I will say though, that karma will often arrange things so we have to continually deal with some bad people. But we can still learn to not let them affect us in various ways. Really, having a bad parent or boss can really make one learn a lot of spiritual lessons fast. How to move through those kind of relationships without having them affect you in negative ways.
Old 29-07-2016, 08:36 AM
Master
I've had my share of dangerous folk earlier in life, and I think it's delusionary to expect that others have no effects upon ourselves. I have been affected, it doesn't always feel awesome, and I just take it like, that's life. The difference as I see it is between hating that effect and being OK with it as a facet of personal change. Sometimes it is only years after great struggles and endurance that cruelty and adversity can be appreciated as profound character building trials. If people were not affected, then the change that we might see as character building would not have happened. To me it's not about becoming remote to life as an impartial observer, as some sort of holier than thou and beyond, but to be engaged, and thereby be affected and changed, precisely because there is no choice. Life experience does change you, form you, and make you the person that you are; even more so if one is self-aware in the duration and self-reflective after the fact.
Old 29-07-2016, 05:07 PM
Suspended
Master

I tend to zoom out and try to see the bigger picture. One, some stuff I chalk up to my past life karma. Some bad things we are meant to experience and there is no way to avoid them. But of course how we handle these experiences is up to us. Two, we can always learn something from conflict with others. We can use these experiences to understand ourselves and others better. Lastly, there truly are some evil people on earth. When I run into them, I try to get away from them. That's all you can do really. Any interaction with them brings about dark things. Really these encounters are about them. Does't really matter who you are. These types of people attack whoever is handy and close by. If you are not there, they attack others. I know at least two people like this who have ruined many lives. It's strange but they have this aura of destruction. Anyone who comes into their orbit has horrible things to happen in their lives. Logically, if a kind good person can make others lives better, then it would also be true a hateful negative person full of ill intent can make others lives worse.
Old 29-07-2016, 05:34 PM
Suspended
When we are young, one is normally influenced by and under the power of others. Maturity, however, is many things, one of which is taking responsibility for our self.

At some point, we realize we have a choice, and we make it. At that point, we grow up. If we feel wronged, we forgive. If we have painful memories, we let go of the pain. If we feel shame, we resolve to learn and grow from the shame. We become mature, self-responsible adults, blaming nobody else, making our own way, taking both the blame and the praise alike for what we do, for what we feel, for who we are.

You can't help anybody else if you can't help yourself. This, for me, has been the road to peace.
Old 29-07-2016, 06:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I've had my share of dangerous folk earlier in life, and I think it's delusionary to expect that others have no effects upon ourselves. I have been affected, it doesn't always feel awesome, and I just take it like, that's life. The difference as I see it is between hating that effect and being OK with it as a facet of personal change. Sometimes it is only years after great struggles and endurance that cruelty and adversity can be appreciated as profound character building trials. If people were not affected, then the change that we might see as character building would not have happened. To me it's not about becoming remote to life as an impartial observer, as some sort of holier than thou and beyond, but to be engaged, and thereby be affected and changed, precisely because there is no choice. Life experience does change you, form you, and make you the person that you are; even more so if one is self-aware in the duration and self-reflective after the fact.

I have gathered from your open sharing Gem that your early life endured your share. Not in content but in the sharing of your feelings and glimpses, it has created an awareness of you in myself in this regard and I know where I have been walking looking more directly at life as it is and reflecting, you relate similar. I am aware of myself with any ill feelings I may hold especially against the one inflicting pain. I can because I know I have hurt others and released myself from my own binds. I have hurt and have been hurt. Life shows me all sides of pain and suffering, so I am building awareness on all sides as part of my own self aware state of being. It is the only way as I see to real and lasting peace. Your mention of character building is what I see in all this also. I feel through this process I am open and immersed and seeing more directly to not desensitize myself or turn a blind eye, but to see life as it is, to be more fully aware that I can build a more grounded open state, feel openly and not be affected with the weight of that suffering holding me down, but rather building me stronger to be in the world, yet not attached to the world and all it endures, remaining aware and engaged.

I feel the same way also about being an observer, aware and open, moving through life in this way. I am a self reflective/self aware person, it is my nature to come back to myself in everyway I experience the world around me. I generally leave no stone unturned in myself till I reach that peace. And the harder the world's pain is in this view in me, it feels harder moving through the barriers of life in me/world in me, but I manage to move through. I don't give up. Which is another aspect of my character. I know where the light through process is in me now, I accept all aspects of myself that are affected and reflect to go deeper to peace in myself.

The depth of fear has taught me how deep I can go to peace in myself.

Engaged, Affected and changed. Yes that is it.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder

Last edited by naturesflow : 29-07-2016 at 08:28 PM.
Old 29-07-2016, 06:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
I tend to zoom out and try to see the bigger picture. One, some stuff I chalk up to my past life karma. Some bad things we are meant to experience and there is no way to avoid them. But of course how we handle these experiences is up to us. Two, we can always learn something from conflict with others. We can use these experiences to understand ourselves and others better. Lastly, there truly are some evil people on earth. When I run into them, I try to get away from them. That's all you can do really. Any interaction with them brings about dark things. Really these encounters are about them. Does't really matter who you are. These types of people attack whoever is handy and close by. If you are not there, they attack others. I know at least two people like this who have ruined many lives. It's strange but they have this aura of destruction. Anyone who comes into their orbit has horrible things to happen in their lives. Logically, if a kind good person can make others lives better, then it would also be true a hateful negative person full of ill intent can make others lives worse.

If this works for you in this way, that is all that matters.
I try to remain present with what is moving in myself and it continues after the fact until I am done. I try not to move myself in the world entertaining the story of others. That only keeps my peace separated within my relating, so I prefer to build awareness of life as a movement from within me. Life is moving itself as it is. By being self reflective and moving into a more peaceful movement of all this, I find my language and movements change in the awareness building of others in this way. I am simply aware of what is there. I reflect on my own part and build peace deeper for all life in me. Even as it moves as it is itself.

There is another quote I have saved on my computer.

Watch your thoughts, they become words
Watch your words, they become actions
Watch your actions, they become habits
Watch your habits, they become character
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.

Old 29-07-2016, 07:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
I was curious about this subject too. The masters I heard speak on it basically said nothing is permanent. That seems to be their view. Some big war is going on somewhere in the world. Then, it is not going on. Everything is in a state of flux or a process and change. Tolle said something similar to Jesus in that people who harm others are ignorant. They know no better. They can't be blamed because they are basically on auto pilot. They have no self awareness. They follow their conditioned thoughts like robots. They blindly follow their lower animal natures. As Jesus said, "father forgive them they know not what they do."

Impermanence allows me to know things change in life, I relate to this view in myself. In the inter-connected/my inter-being state and relationship I hold in myself with all life, I also choose to build peace so its not really about judgement or needing to create them in why and how and reasons, my understanding of myself in my own depth allows me to know the foundational reasons. I want my own presence to feel/be peace aware of life as it is. Life shows me where I am not at peace. I change the channel when I am at peace because it is changed in peace, so my whole movement becomes peace. Understanding can build peace, but ultimately my self reflections and awareness show me myself in all that and that is important to me overall one with understanding.

Quote:
But like you alluded to, we don't have to let others destroy our inner peace. In the astral world, according to what I have read, we are pretty much segregated according to our spiritual development. There really is no mixing of lower and higher souls unless we have acquired the role of a mentor or teacher. But on earth, all mix together, on purpose for maximum growth potential. Higher souls have to deal with lower ones, usually within the same families. But once kids grow up, they can escape abusive parents and relatives and choose to not associate with them. As adults, we chose who we let in our lives. We can choose to only surround ourselves with kind loving people. I will say though, that karma will often arrange things so we have to continually deal with some bad people. But we can still learn to not let them affect us in various ways. Really, having a bad parent or boss can really make one learn a lot of spiritual lessons fast. How to move through those kind of relationships without having them affect you in negative ways.

I let all life move me as it is, when I am moved I listen and become aware of myself and my part in everyway it moves me. My peace in this way is less infused with stories and more in silent awareness/observer of others and moving myself according to that space of peace in myself. This is what I am choosing to practice. To act and move and do what I need, but from a state of peace in myself with silent awareness.

"Peace is retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than what you think it is" - Wayne W. Dyer.

Old 29-07-2016, 11:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow

― Dalai Lama XIV
I think everyone is prone to disturbance of inner peace to a certain degree and a certain amount of time.

In my opinion, it's important to not let 'disturbance of inner peace' transform one's way of thinking in a negative way.
Old 29-07-2016, 11:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
I think everyone is prone to disturbance of inner peace to a certain degree and a certain amount of time.

In my opinion, it's important to not let 'disturbance of inner peace' transform one's way of thinking in a negative way.

With an awareness of my own deeper levels in reflection, for me even after the fact, if my negativity arises or I fail, I am conscious of this in myself.I see that those reflections show me where I can go deeper in myself even so. This is just how I view these things for myself to deepen into being peace, not just knowing it and failing over and over the same way. I am the one that ends all that if I am aware and conscious to know I can end in myself.

In reflections I let my failings teach me. So when I am disturbed by negative thinking, I listen to myself and move myself back to that point of peace more quickly now days. Then naturally I work through building compassion and loving kindness in myself for that space in me, which naturally enriches my actions for other life.

And of course you are right negativity in the mind with disturbance can activate and heighten our fight/flight/survival modes as well as move us to act in ways that harm and hurt others or ourselves. So being aware of yourself moving in a more complete awareness of you supports this process which I call conscious mindfulness of everything moving within me. Which in my movements towards all life becomes that point I reflect outwardly.