Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 25-05-2016, 11:30 AM
Master
Closet Buddhist

Namaste and greetings.

I'm a Hindu who worships the god, Shiva either in whole aspect, or one of His two destructive forms.

One of these is called, Bhairava. Buddhists may know Him as Mahakala.

In fact, Mahakala is the master of the 4th dimension, that of time.

The word is the same in both the Hindu and Buddhist Sanskrit and relates to Shiva in His active component...we call that form, Nataraja.

I don't know if this thought was prevalent around Northern India and the regions of Nepal and Tibet at the time, and who adopted the concept from whom...coincidences exist.

Being a lay linguist who studies regional Indus language and dialect...I could understand the Buddhists at the time called this God 'Vairochana' and noticed the similarity with the Hindu concept of Bhairo or Bhairava.

So, this is the door through which I enter your forum, presenting two pictures for your perusal. The first, Mahakala...second, Bhairava. THIS is who/what I pray to...the very deity of time itself, guys.

Aum Batuk Bhairavaye Namah

Old 25-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Master
The deity of time... sounds a bit like like my path: the practical path of experiential wisdom, which can only be traversed within the time-plane of material reality (as opposed to the space-plane of spiritual reality).
Old 25-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
The deity of time... sounds a bit like like my path: the practical path of experiential wisdom, which can only be traversed within the time-plane of material reality (as opposed to the space-plane of spiritual reality).
That's a very wise observation.

That which can be traversed within the space-plane of true spiritual reality is formless and endless. I have seen that path, walked on it a bit and decided to come back and find the best force and energy which approximates it...decided to choose the meanest and ugliest one because it was just so damn beautiful in the full experiential awareness of it.

I realise there are dimensions above time...above the 4th, but it's through understanding the nature of the time/space reality that these lower dimensions can be traversed.
Old 25-05-2016, 12:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
decided to choose the ugliest one because it was just so damn beautiful in the full experiential awareness.
Grasshopper, you have learned, ha! Come down in time was the message she gave, so many years ago now. And so I let go of all those high-falutin' spiritual notions people like to dream up, and decided instead to get to work on what's actually REAL and NOW and in front of me here on this incredible earth plane.
Old 25-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Oh my Lord!!! I was just mentally reminded about a fitting beautiful tale from the Hindu genre which totally relates.

As you know, in Hinduism, there are three main Gods...Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva (Creator, Preserver, Destroyer - Trimurti).

One day, as Shiva was sitting in meditation, there was a huge commotion in the heavens and it was disturbing him greatly.

Apparently, as it seems, Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu were arguing over who was actually "God" the Creator of the universe or the one who created the Creator of the universe?...yeah those big arguments that only Gods can have...

So, Lord Shiva turns up and issues both Gods with a 'challenge' to try and settle the score and bring peace in the heavens so He could go back to navel gazing.

Lord Shiva turns himself into an endless pillar of Light we call Jyotir Lingam (Brahman Absolute- the ALL) and requests both gods to go off in opposite directions to try to find the end of it...so they agreed and set off...riding on their respective vehicles, Garuda and Hamsa (the Swan of Judgment).

Anyway, gone for millennia they were...millions of years...what's time to these immortals right?

Eventually, they returned or did something to wind up back to where Shiva was and Lord Visnhu realised the true nature of Brahman then and there on the spot, while Lord Brahma pretty much lied about it and claimed to have found where it ended and started up the whole argument again with Lord Shiva this time as to 'who was the greatest God out there'.

To show Lord Brahma just who was, an avatar of Shiva emerged from within the Divine Light...within the seat of Brahman...called Bhairava and chopped off one of Lord Brahmas heads...that of arrogance, ignorance and pride...he had another three of them anyway so he'd live...he realised Brahman too though in the process.

This is just from the relative files stored away in my brain archive...but...

AUM NAMAH SHIVAYA!!! <3 <3
Old 25-05-2016, 02:23 PM
Suspended
Hey Necromancer,

Just now I am trying to continue answering your post but found that you started a thread here that is good anywhere will do.

I respect the Gods:Shiva,Brahma,Visha. Whatever I write just my own view point nothing not to respect any body.OK. I always tell the truth may be different from others, and again may be there is something I haven't discovered.

Once a Goddess came to me, I saw She has six hands and two legs the same as the picture you have shown. She is Guanyin or Bodhisattva ,the Goddess of mercy. Just for a while she show me her original identity that is an insect. Then She transformed back to Her beautiful Goddess appearance again.

I have saw a black body God in a temple near the place where I stay. This black God was later attacked me and were killed by sending ) my ball-sword. I haven't saw any black body God in universe. But only elephant head or other animal head Gods was saw there. If not wrong may be what you show is more earthly than stay in universe but that trouble me almost all Gods like to stay in the universe but why not this ones ?

Few months later another Goddess came with many hands and two legs and the same time she show me that she is a centipede Guanyin or Bodhisattva . They all left me after showing me their identities.I was wondering may be shown to me that insects or other small living things can become Goddesses.
Old 25-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Deactivated Account

"Whoever seeks me in Form
Or in Sound
Walks the Heterodox Path
And cannot Perceive the Tathagata"

- Lord Buddha
Diamond Sutra

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 25-05-2016, 03:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatsy
"Whoever seeks me in Form
Or in Sound
Walks the Heterodox Path
And cannot Perceive the Tathagata"

- Lord Buddha
Diamond Sutra
What if the 'form' was sought after the fact because one couldn't remain in the no-state?

Does Buddha say anything about unconditional love being required to reach that state? how can you love something that's formless?

Isn't form/sound a stepping stone to the perception?

Just questions...
Old 25-05-2016, 05:13 PM
Master
Sunyata does not imply the "great void". Instead, it is the foundation of all phenomena (form and mind). It is the true nature of all phenomena, and it is the basic principle of all existence. In other words, if the universe’s existence was not empty nor impermanent, then all resulting phenomena could not have arisen due to the co-existence of various causes and there would be no rising nor falling. The nature of sunyata is of positive significance!

Only those with the supreme wisdom of the Buddha and Mahabodhisattvas realise and understand that all existences are illusions. They understand that existences are not real from the observation of the flow of changing existences. The numerous illusionary existences may well be diverse and confusing, arising and decaying. But when we look into their true nature, we will find them void and of nirvana-nature.

This is saying our true nature is one of silence, of emptiness and the blissful nature of that.

It is our obstructions and the things we hold on to that keeps us from it this realization. When you are able to let go of an issue it just flows through and one doesn't experience any issues.. They same with all reality.
Old 25-05-2016, 05:14 PM
Suspended
I am curious is there someone only believe that Buddha and His followers are the only divine existence beings ? It imply only one religion is in existence through emptiness. That may also mean if others used other method to achieve and become God then they are false. Buddha is my mentor but I never think and was taught that way.

If it was true by that concept then not only in thought but will result in action. That is can have manifestation of this concept everywhere.