Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 23-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Seeker
The residence where I stay has a number of gardens in its grounds, and there are loads of cats which wander about outside, I love it. They’re obviously residents’ pets, which are free to roam the grounds.
Earlier today when I was heading out for the afternoon, there was one just outside the front door which rubbed up against me and miaowed as I walked past, they’re awesomely friendly. It’s like a cat cafe here! :P
Old 30-03-2020, 06:34 AM
Deactivated Account
I am a cat whisperer. I don't normally like admitting this because people have dumb ideas about what it means if you happen to be female.

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 30-03-2020, 07:04 AM
Master
I read somewhere that cats bring us "presents" to try and teach us how to hunt. They're very disappointed in us of course. The last cat that used to live with us did very little hunting. I think he was too lazy. Frogs from the next door neighbours pond used to appear now and again though. Cats also spray to mark their territory. What a stink! The male cat has a spiky penis, so that probably accounts for the noises when mating.
Old 31-03-2020, 04:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I read somewhere that cats bring us "presents" to try and teach us how to hunt. They're very disappointed in us of course. The last cat that used to live with us did very little hunting. I think he was too lazy. Frogs from the next door neighbours pond used to appear now and again though. Cats also spray to mark their territory. What a stink! The male cat has a spiky penis, so that probably accounts for the noises when mating.
That's interesting, I'd heard that that's them leaving us presents but I thought it was more like their way of saying, 'Er yeah, nice one for the food and shelter and that' (that's how I imagine my old cat Oscar would say it, anyway, if he was a human being I think he'd be April Ludgate from 'Parks and Recreation'). I was thinking I appreciated the gesture and all but I'd really prefer booze or chocolates next, I didn't realise he was home-schooling me
Old 31-03-2020, 05:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
That's interesting, I'd heard that that's them leaving us presents but I thought it was more like their way of saying, 'Er yeah, nice one for the food and shelter and that' (that's how I imagine my old cat Oscar would say it, anyway, if he was a human being I think he'd be April Ludgate from 'Parks and Recreation'). I was thinking I appreciated the gesture and all but I'd really prefer booze or chocolates next, I didn't realise he was home-schooling me

Cat's are a law unto themselves that's for sure
I've not seen that program before, she's funny.

Old 31-03-2020, 06:23 PM
ketzer

Quote:
As I understand it cats have an instinct to hunt, but killing and eating it is something they have to learn. If they were not born to a stray they may not know what to do with the prey once they catch it.
Old 31-03-2020, 06:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Cat's are a law unto themselves that's for sure
I've not seen that program before, she's funny.

They are indeed, and y'know what, that's why I love 'em

That image is just cats all over
Old 31-03-2020, 07:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
As I understand it cats have an instinct to hunt, but killing and eating it is something they have to learn. If they were not born to a stray they may not know what to do with the prey once they catch it.

Yeah, sometimes they just play with what they catch. Not nice to see. Even if you take the little birds off them, they're usually too traumatised to pull through. I know when another cat we had used to eat the mice, there was always a liver left, poison. Really freaked me out when the frogs would appear, when they get stressed they make this squealing sound.
Old 01-04-2020, 08:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciona
I am a cat whisperer. I don't normally like admitting this because people have dumb ideas about what it means if you happen to be female.
I sympathise, I really do, but it's just hard for me to hear the phrase 'cat whisperer' and not picture a person talking to a feline in a low voice You did pique my interest, however, I figured that there was probably more to it than that (hey, they don't call me Sherlock just because I rock a deerstalker ) and so I googled it, as you do, and apparently a cat whisperer is a cat behaviourist, is that right? Do you do that professionally, or is it just a hobby?
Old 01-04-2020, 12:16 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciona
We had a cat once that talked nonstop. Didn't whisper either, just jabbered away. I don't know exactly what it was saying but I suspect most of it had to do with chicken.
Quote:
Are you going to make chicken tonight?
I think you should make chicken tonight!
Can I have some chicken?
Can I have some more chicken?
I do love my chicken.... more please!
That was really good chicken! Now go to bed, I need someone to snuggle up against!
Bossiest 9 lbs of fur and ....chicken?..you ever saw!