Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-06-2020, 08:17 AM
Pathfinder

an empath born out of trauma, how do I dim my light

I want to turn off the light beacon.
I have no issues helping the people I choose but I need an energy boundary so beggars and people don't bother me in public.
The empaths on facebook don't tell me HOW. they say things like setup energy spikes on your area, salt baths etc, But how do I stop people abusing me?
Have set up communicative boundaries but don't want harassing in the first place.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:49 AM
Administrator
As an Empath you will pick up the feelings of others good and bad.so you need to protect yourself. use a protection which is best for you.
you could be giving off an aura that people are picking up on.
I Feel you go out expecting someone to come to you for something.
you also need to ground yourself.
You need to close the door so to speak. you can do this by visualising a door way right where your third eye is. when you feel ready to help open the door. when you close down you close the door,
this should help you.

Namaste
Old 05-06-2020, 07:14 PM
asearcher

hi
forthe last 2 past life experiences I have felt myself be sensitive and having empathy and not knowing who i really was (taking too much consideration), there has been things i remember so I know what was a trap or not, where I needed work... thing is I have seen a photo of my past self and she has that same look to her... all my life I have heard the same thing...my partner in this life joke and say I bet that child, or that woman or that man - who ever is near by who needs help - they're gonna chose you, and I have said no, but guess what happen - they do, of lots of people. So my question is do your appearance look like you are kind? That you will try to help? It could be that simple. If you don't want people to bother you (although I don't see them as bothering me in my cases) then try to have a more suspicious and serious look to you or something. To have empathy is a gift if you yourself are grounded and I feel more grounded now because I learn I had to listen to myself more and not take too much consideration, but for me it is constant work to remind myself to take that "time out", I still am a people-person and I still consider other people's feelings, but also my own. I can give an example, in a relationship the partner had firm ideas about something and I would not say what I thought and then one day I did and was met by respect, so we agreed to disagree and it was perfectly alright actually, so that is a way to go (at least for me).
Old 05-06-2020, 08:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
You need to close the door so to speak. you can do this by visualising a door way right where your third eye is. when you feel ready to help open the door. when you close down you close the door,
this should help you.

Namaste
That was a good one.I tried it in a different way,(i had other intentions) and i had a feedback as well.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:55 AM
Elfin

Hi ..for me it's all about accepting and embracing the fact that I am HSP/ empath. And yes , it is very very very difficult at times. But I personally don't protect myself in any way, instead I compromise. I only spend a certain amount of time "among" people, then need time alone, to re-balance and let my mind and nervous system settle. I learnt how to do this many years ago, because I feel that to try to suppress who we are does us no good in the long run. After a lifetime of misery because of it, I now embrace the knowledge of how special I am.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:12 AM
Legrand

Same as Elfin here,
But the more it goes, the easier it gets to clear what we feel from others, as in some way this gift forces us to clear ourselves deeper than others do.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:48 PM
Master
Same as Elfin and Legrand.Even 4-5 people around me,it's enough to make me go out of balance.Not to mention that i feel 'dizzy' while in crowded places.
I don't like it,it's not worth it,and i didn't asked for it.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:29 PM
Master
I do not consider myself empathic but I am very sensitive and easily pickup insights from others. When this first started it scared me as I began picking up things from other dimensions, and seeing into other dimensions. It freaked me out.

I ate a bunch of hamburgers/cheeseburgers and drank some beer and it bought me down for a few days. It dulled my senses to where I could not feel what I was previously feeling and seeing. But eating a lot of red meat and drinking beer has its adverse consequences as well.

Today I am more accepting of my spiritual gifts, and have learned that you have to protect yourself, as some here have already said. A guru who I knew a long time ago told me, help others, do selfless service, and if you see a person who is drowning jump in and help them but if they start drowning you, push them away and save yourself.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:25 PM
Ascender
Tom,
Instead of trying to control others, focus on how you respond to them.
Stop responding to others request and start focusing on your own inner self.

If you need others to fill your own void, then you are constantly seeking and noticing what others want. This is a bottomless bucket cycle.
So, listen to your own void and focus on simply accepting that void.
You don't have to fill your void.
You just have to work and live around your void by fully recognizing its existence.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:04 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
Same as Elfin and Legrand.Even 4-5 people around me,it's enough to make me go out of balance.Not to mention that i feel 'dizzy' while in crowded places.
I don't like it,it's not worth it,and i didn't asked for it.
Hi.. it's difficult isn't it?.. I don't have evenings out for that reason. Too many people around and by evening I've had enough of the day and just need to switch off. And no.. we don't ask for it, but it is what we are given. Also, because we are in a smaller percentage of people, most people don't actually understand us and pointless trying to explain, they just look at you clueless!