Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 21-09-2012, 05:05 PM
morning_star222

Book1 Changing the Past

I know that they are some people that will say that you can not change the past, what is done is done, and no amount of hoping or wishing could ever change it's course. What I am suggesting, however is a method I learned from my dear Friend Seth (Seth Speaks), an entity that was channeled through Jane Roberts. What we must understand, is that although we are physical - we are entities just the same.

When we think of our life, we think in a direct line, past - present - future. The same applies for the history of man-kind. We think in one direction, up & down, left and right. We don't think of, or see the bigger picture.

One of the truths Seth speaks about is that we are living in a System of probabilities. We are constantly making choices, and the choices we do not make, those that could have been - very much are still valid, and the "You" in those valid choices believes itself to be the real you!

There is not just one past, there are many. And they are all happening simultaneously. Time is an illusion of our world. Just as there are many probably presents, and futures, all happening right now. In this way of thinking, it's not hard to see that, although we can not go back in time, physically speaking - we can change the past by imagining it differently. If our thoughts create our World that we presently know, and if time is an illusion - then changing an event in our mind that happened in the "past" can effect our present life right now.

It's not delusional - it's pulling a probable event into our "sphere" of reality. Seth will tell you that it does No good to sit and think about a negative experience that happened in the past, because that person who experienced it is still experiencing it. By thinking about that negative experience, you also draw it into your "now" - making it a part of your "now" reality. By imagining a different outcome (you have to do this quite vividly, and often) you effectively change the past, which effectively changes your "now" and your future!
Old 21-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by morning_star222
I know that they are some people that will say that you can not change the past, what is done is done, and no amount of hoping or wishing could ever change it's course. What I am suggesting, however is a method I learned from my dear Friend Seth (Seth Speaks), an entity that was channeled through Jane Roberts. What we must understand, is that although we are physical - we are entities just the same.

When we think of our life, we think in a direct line, past - present - future. The same applies for the history of man-kind. We think in one direction, up & down, left and right. We don't think of, or see the bigger picture.

One of the truths Seth speaks about is that we are living in a System of probabilities. We are constantly making choices, and the choices we do not make, those that could have been - very much are still valid, and the "You" in those valid choices believes itself to be the real you!

There is not just one past, there are many. And they are all happening simultaneously. Time is an illusion of our world. Just as there are many probably presents, and futures, all happening right now. In this way of thinking, it's not hard to see that, although we can not go back in time, physically speaking - we can change the past by imagining it differently. If our thoughts create our World that we presently know, and if time is an illusion - then changing an event in our mind that happened in the "past" can effect our present life right now.

It's not delusional - it's pulling a probable event into our "sphere" of reality. Seth will tell you that it does No good to sit and think about a negative experience that happened in the past, because that person who experienced it is still experiencing it. By thinking about that negative experience, you also draw it into your "now" - making it a part of your "now" reality. By imagining a different outcome (you have to do this quite vividly, and often) you effectively change the past, which effectively changes your "now" and your future!

Unfortunately, at the moment, we are physical --and linear time, altho an illusion, is still our reality.....How could you bring the dead back to life in "this" life...you cannot......they are now in spirit where there is no time as we know it, but they now see the bigger picture and know that there was a reason for the circumstances of the when and why......Imagination is a wonderful thing, but it cannot change our reality.....seth had lofty notions for sure, but altho he can see and experience the past and future in the Now, not even he could change our earthly reality, IMHO......
Old 21-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Master
We may not change the actual past, the events that happened, but there are many effective methods for clearing the conditioning and emotional residue in our subconscious minds.

Xan

Old 22-09-2012, 03:21 AM
Henri77

I must respectfully disagree with Xan & Juanita.

While I haven't yet done this myself there are those who reportedly have altered certain past (personal) events. With very specific techniques beyond imagining.

(I'm not familiar with Seth's teachings )

Times are a changing, and what was impossible years ago may now be far more probable.
I tire of hearing about quantum this & that, as if the word explained something...

But I firmly believe consciousness has virtually NO limits to a truly self realized mind who KNOWS , understands, matter is energy-consciousness.

Well, manifesting temples or resurresting the dead is rather rare, even though this has been reportedly witnessed ... but we really don't know our true potential.
What may seem impossible for one ,may well be childs play for another.

Old 22-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Administrator

The past was yesterday tomorrow is the future there is not a lot you can do to change what has been only what is to be.

Namaste
Old 22-09-2012, 03:32 PM
morning_star222

I agree with you Henri. I also agree with Juanita and Xan on some of the points made.

Although we can not bring our loved ones back, (and perhaps it's not out of our possibilities) we can imagine different circumstances for any event that seemed unpleasant - and like I said, bring it into this "sphere" of reality.... helping us heal, effectively changing our present moment and future selves.

I believe we can "jump" back in time - that we can "jump" anywhere we please.

We are so convinced that the physical reality is solid, something permanent - here's a secret, it isn't any more solid or permanent than we are. During deep meditation I have "teleported" although briefly, to other dimensions of reality...

I know that certain plants help you achieve this more easily.. Salvia is great for this... problem is that you don't have much control over where you go! But the experience is mind-blowing regardless.

There is much more to this reality than what we "know" from our physical senses - and there is much more to who we are than what we can begin to fully comprehend. We are unlimited beings - truly, in ever sense of the word. So why limit ourselves?
Old 22-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Master
Although we can not bring our loved ones back, (and perhaps it's not out of our possibilities) we can imagine different circumstances for any event that seemed unpleasant - and like I said, bring it into this "sphere" of reality.... helping us heal, effectively changing our present moment and future selves.

Quite so. Since our 'reality' is comprised of our perceptions and interpretations, how we see what happened can change in a variety of ways... spontaneously and purposefully.

Henri... It may be possible to go back in time and literally change history, but to be at that level of choice one would first have to clear belief in their conditioned reality entirely. I suggest it's better to start with changing our fixed reactive patterns from memories of the past, which is still a stretch in belief for most people.

Xan

Old 22-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
I must respectfully disagree with Xan & Juanita.

While I haven't yet done this myself there are those who reportedly have altered certain past (personal) events. With very specific techniques beyond imagining.

(I'm not familiar with Seth's teachings )

Times are a changing, and what was impossible years ago may now be far more probable.
I tire of hearing about quantum this & that, as if the word explained something...

But I firmly believe consciousness has virtually NO limits to a truly self realized mind who KNOWS , understands, matter is energy-consciousness.

Well, manifesting temples or resurresting the dead is rather rare, even though this has been reportedly witnessed ... but we really don't know our true potential.
What may seem impossible for one ,may well be childs play for another.

reportedly????? I believe that the mind is capable of many things and we only use a small part of it.....but bringing back the physically dead???? I don't really go for "reports" but would like to see any proof that this could happen.......time travel is a possibility even if it seems like science fiction and how wonderful it would be to go back in time and change some decisions made....but, would it really make a difference?
Old 22-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by morning_star222
I agree with you Henri. I also agree with Juanita and Xan on some of the points made.

I believe we can "jump" back in time - that we can "jump" anywhere we please.

We are so convinced that the physical reality is solid, something permanent - here's a secret, it isn't any more solid or permanent than we are. During deep meditation I have "teleported" although briefly, to other dimensions of reality...

I know that certain plants help you achieve this more easily.. Salvia is great for this... problem is that you don't have much control over where you go! But the experience is mind-blowing regardless.

There is much more to this reality than what we "know" from our physical senses - and there is much more to who we are than what we can begin to fully comprehend. We are unlimited beings - truly, in ever sense of the word. So why limit ourselves?

are you saying that you transported your "physical" being or your spirit/conscienseness????
Old 23-09-2012, 04:55 AM
Henri77

Yogananda witnessed a friend-fellow disciple revived from death. My former minister reported doing this personally.
I have reason to believe both, Not from the grave, but certifiably gone.

Is this changing the past?

I've heard other healing stories that effectively changed the outcome of a long past accident-injury.. is this healing or altering the past?
Does it really matter?

Did I witness it? No. But why believe me?

What you believe is the truth for you. No argument there.

I just feel other possibilities are real, based on sources I personally trust.

Jesus could appear with Moses and the 12 Disciples ...and James Randi would call it fakery-illusion-hypnosis.

My heart knows truth when I hear of it... that's good enuf for me, to know somewhere , someone can do this.

I started a thread on levitation, and 4 members shared personal experiences on something everyone else called impossible.

ET's have repeatedly altered, traversed, our history, as have Ascended masters intervened, time is no barrier to them.

Many many of the children today are from other more evolved planets, and have yet undiscovered, unimagined abilities.
They lack our limiting beliefs to stop them.

So, for me, impossible simply means (in actuality) One cannot imagine-conceive how anyone could do this ... As nuclear fission, transplants, space travel was regarded 100 yrs ago