Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 03-12-2017, 04:16 AM
Experiencer

the confusion between strength and weakness

A Course in Miracles says, 'What seems to be your strength is really your weakness, and what seems to be your weakness is your true strength.'

Sometimes things are the opposite of what they seem.

It may seem that when people are being aggressive and unkind, they're being strong and powerful. The truth is they're being weak. They're AFRAID.

Yet kindness and love are strength, not weakness.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:38 PM
Master
yep
we all hav difnt stetsh weeknes we do

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 03-12-2017, 05:07 PM
Master

Sometimes we overthink things. Is it strength or weakness? :)

The common sense isn't that common.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:18 PM
Experiencer
Depends. Overthinking is strength and weakness. Overthinkig can block you from making a decision and this can be good or bad, depends what that brings. So strenght is intelligence, insight, weakness is boldness, selfishness. That is quick, should use 100 therms to describe it more successfully.
So my strength is open mind and weakness sloppiness and lack of vocabulary.

Common sense can easily be manipulated and was developed for/by farmers and peasants who had to survive with less and is easy and well known and that is why they can always turn you when applaying something to you speaking about common sense.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:19 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
A Course in Miracles says, 'What seems to be your strength is really your weakness, and what seems to be your weakness is your true strength.'

It may seem that when people are being aggressive and unkind, they're being strong and powerful. The truth is they're being weak. They're AFRAID.

Very wise words.

Sometimes our strengths are our strengths. Sometimes they are not. There is no substitute for applying awareness and intelligence - usually. Sometimes something more immediate is called for - but you still need to be cognizant of what to apply when.

And yes, at the core of ego is fear. This is why egoistic people are so over-bearing. They are constantly trying to dominate, to control. To the ego, not being in control is to be vulnerable. Our bodies survive because of the ego, but unchecked, our souls wither because of the ego.

It becomes a matter of discerning context as much as assessing circumstance. It takes great awareness and discernment to choose our paths correctly.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:06 PM
Master
I could already see the confusion if people associate unkindness and aggression as weakness or being afraid. And love and kindness as strength. It works both ways and isn't so black and white as life is in a constant flux.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:18 PM
Lorelyen

A strength in one situation often turns out a weakness in another and vice versa.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihael_11
Depends. Overthinking is strength and weakness. Overthinkig can block you from making a decision and this can be good or bad, depends what that brings. So strenght is intelligence, insight, weakness is boldness, selfishness. That is quick, should use 100 therms to describe it more successfully.
So my strength is open mind and weakness sloppiness and lack of vocabulary.

Common sense can easily be manipulated and was developed for/by farmers and peasants who had to survive with less and is easy and well known and that is why they can always turn you when applaying something to you speaking about common sense.

Common sense
Old 04-12-2017, 03:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul

And I if I perceive kindness and love as strength, they are actually weakness?
Old 04-12-2017, 06:24 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan

You are already influenced by it. I suggest you find something of your own, that is not so common and it is yours. Common sense doesn't help to develop further, it just holds things as they are. I don't say, you have to develop, but you could.