Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-12-2017, 03:35 PM
Master
Ideas

Hello,

It has been going through my mind as of late that ones perception is ones idea of what something is.

Come across evaluations of how another perceives life or another. Whether on forums, watching videos, or havinga conversation. These seem to extend off ideas that I or another may have.

Questions arise about reality, perspectives, truths, and the rest. Through the debates, conversations, insights, and options it occurs to me these are ideas.

Now this is not placing good or bad upon ideas, just what I notice in my thinking.

Some ideas give rise to creating some wonderful perspectives, art, objects to use, writings. So, it seems ideas are in line with the creative process and possibly what gives birth to realizing the potentials with in.

Seem if one has no ideas, one is not going to be inclined to explore further or be inspired.

What it is seems the response, but without an idea of what it could be and what it may reflect, would one come to realize what it is or how it reflects back to one?

Sharing some thoughts on this.
Old 24-12-2017, 09:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Seem if one has no ideas, one is not going to be inclined to explore further or be inspired.

I'd say don't ever limit yourself. I found my idea in the strangest of places, work. One is inclined imo not to explore if it does not fit the person. It's finding the right fit. Without a doubt, one would realize it when it's realized.
Old 24-12-2017, 09:53 PM
Master
i no iv had ideas it cums 2 me it tims i no min can be ot thy can

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 24-12-2017, 11:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow

What it is seems the response, but without an idea of what it could be and what it may reflect, would one come to realize what it is or how it reflects back to one?

it was postulated in ancient times, that if you can look at something without desire for what it should BE... you will start seeing what it actually IS. But if you have a desire for what description should fit the thing, you will just get blockaded and won't be able to proceed.

we seem to NEED our knowledge, but at the same time every time we buy a piece of knowledge it comes with blinders, we don't want to look at the thing any more we want to look at our conception of what it is. Kinda like picking up a bucket by the handle and so not having to interact directly with the bucket? But then we get into all sorts of games with pretending it is what it isn't, or ignoring things about it that don't fit our conception. Because we get attached to our idea and have a desire that it should be a 'good' idea in not only our own eyes but in other peoples eyes as well. But a lot of dishonesty gets involved that way.

the tao te ching has a lot to say on this topic if you want to read it that way.
Old 25-12-2017, 02:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I'd say don't ever limit yourself. I found my idea in the strangest of places, work. One is inclined imo not to explore if it does not fit the person. It's finding the right fit. Without a doubt, one would realize it when it's realized.

Hi lemex,

Find will come in due time and as one is willing and able to understand.

My ideas have inspired to look beyond what is thought to be. There is a side of me that enjoys this. There is also a side of me that just enjoys what may come without the need to explore further.

Ideas come like little sparks of creativity.

Agree, everyone has his/her own ways of living and viewing life.

Thank you
Old 25-12-2017, 03:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
it was postulated in ancient times, that if you can look at something without desire for what it should BE... you will start seeing what it actually IS. But if you have a desire for what description should fit the thing, you will just get blockaded and won't be able to proceed.

we seem to NEED our knowledge, but at the same time every time we buy a piece of knowledge it comes with blinders, we don't want to look at the thing any more we want to look at our conception of what it is. Kinda like picking up a bucket by the handle and so not having to interact directly with the bucket? But then we get into all sorts of games with pretending it is what it isn't, or ignoring things about it that don't fit our conception. Because we get attached to our idea and have a desire that it should be a 'good' idea in not only our own eyes but in other peoples eyes as well. But a lot of dishonesty gets involved that way.

the tao te ching has a lot to say on this topic if you want to read it that way.

Hi FallingLeaves,

What you share is some of what goes through my mind as well.
It is not so much ideas or thoughts that can get in the way. It seems to me it is when such is held onto or taken as that is all there is.

I get pieces of things at times, but there is more to the whole picture.

Each piece can serve its purpose, but the purpose can be what one creates it to be.

So yeah in and of itself it is just buzzing along and being of this life.

Thank you
Old 30-12-2017, 05:21 PM
Master
Hello,

Sharing some more thoughts. Now just going to express my view on it.

What has been going through my mind at present and for some time.

I have ideas/ thoughts that create a perspective in my mind.
Influencing how I may interact and interpret things occurring around me.
Nothing unusual about this. For understand it is how my mind may make sense of things.

There is also that which is occurring around me and dare say beyond me in which I may have no idea of. May also have just an idea that certain aspects are going on.

Then there seems it is just what it is. Take to mean that it, whatever it may be, is just doing what it will.

Are ideas separate from what is being and/or what it is?

It all seems to blend. My ideas creating a perspective which may influence or be influenced by other ideas/perspectives. All, becoming intertwined with in the consciousness.

It does not seem to me that it is so much as an illusion of such, as much as it is a shifting and change with in the consciousness. That consciousness is not stagnant but ever flowing and shifting.

Ideas feel like sparks of energy, so to speak, that may inspire and may even guide.

It seems there are thoughts that somehow ideas are not real in the pure sense.
Perhaps some are not, depends on the thought suppose.

Still find they can lead the mind to explore or find ways to resolve a situation, make decisions, inspire, and even create.

Find it amazing at times. Find that even in the silence an idea may spring up. It at times be to just notice what it may bring. Spirit whispering.

Thanks to those taking the time to read this.