Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-12-2013, 06:42 AM
Knower

Do you think people know when they will die, like days before or wks?

I've had two friends of mine tell me this wk, that they feel like they're going to die soon. I ask them what the feeling is like and they can't really explain it.. and no, they don't know each other. So I doubt is something they're making up just to have a conversation.

I have an Angel on my shoulder but a devil in my head. Kaskade

"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
Old 15-12-2013, 02:46 AM
Experiencer
I think it's possible that some people feel they are about to pass over. It's more obvious with elder people.
On the other side, in the spheres of light, it is usually known way ahead when someone is about to come over.

Some people may feel clear enough to feel or see it coming. Others might just get a feeling anyway.

I think it is more obvious for people who have a terminal disease to 'know' it's coming. Although in other cases such people might be completely unprepared for that and don't feel anything like that at all.
Old 16-12-2013, 02:11 AM
DayLight1555

my feeling on this is that some know, but I think they are very rare

or maybe they will increase as psychic connections to "Things out there" increase

I think that it could happen this way: I bet that people from "the other side" have access to programs which can calculate the probability of a certain event given certain current circumstances. So perhaps they know about the probability of this person's death and the info. got transmitted to this person (either on purpose or accidentally).
Old 16-12-2013, 08:07 AM
jonah555

u already know u just havent figured out how to listen to that most quietest voice in your heart. If you are meant to know any question to what you want to know than depending on your ability to hear eternal truths will dictate weather or not your questions will be answered.
Old 16-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Suspended

Hi Folks..

I think it is entirely possible to know,or at least,becme aware of impending death..Natural even..And further than that,I believe you can actually,kind of choose,when to die,just by adopting cerain mindsets,or outlooks about life here..If you give up on life,then the body will follow your Will,and so naturally,starts to decline..If though,you keep a zest and joy for life,then the body follows that dictate also,remians healthy and vital for longer..

From direct experiences:

My Mother always had direct precognotive dreams..It was very common for me as a kid,to hear her retell a dream story,then sit and watch as it unfolded in our every day lives..Uncanily acurate..She knew for sure when her own father died - it was Christmas,they lived 200 miles away,we had no phones,not even a house landline..No way could she PHYSICALY have known - and yet this Christmas,nothing is prepared,no presents,no decorations,no special food treats,big family meal - none of it..I was devastated,but my Mother assured me,we would go to Grandmas house,the whole family would be there,we would have our celebrations there..

Anyway,like the day before Christmas,I come down stairs to find packed suitcases,Mum busy cleaning and tidying..She was very upset but busily working through it trying not to show us..Soon,my aunt Marg arrived,and here I got my first real glimpse of the spiritual world..My grandad had died in the night..Relatives from the north rang me aunt Marg who lived closer to us,and she had come to deliver the sad news..Thing was,my Mother ALREADY KNEW..She replied quite calmly,matter of factly,that she had dreamed it the weeks before,was fully expectng it as Angels had literally shown her the future..This was undeniable to me,as there we was - packed and ready to go even before she knew the details..

That Christmas is still one of my favourite memories..Sad sad time in many ways for the adults,but I was only ten,too young to understand fully..For me,I was surroiunded by my family,loved and adored,cherished withn their grief..That wasnt the end of it though..Even then,i was amazed at this event,and especially at how my family just accepted my mothers account as if it was all so natural..I started to question in earnest - who or what are these Angels my Mother spokes of.?..Who was her God..?..HOW did it ALL work..?..I knew from that day on,I had a Soul,even if I didnt understand it,and even if years later,I would turn my back on it for a while..

Growing up in my teens,I soon forgot such spiritual ideas,and to be honest,completly went off the rails - drink,drugs,women,crime,prison...Age 18 I had my next reminder though..For about a week I kept having repeateing dreams..I was in a long corridor,all white bright lights..Two double doors barred my way and as I tried to enter,a man in a long white coat said I couldt be there and must leave..I woke up..Next night,same again,only I push past him,go through the doors..On and on,long long corridor,many of these people trying to stop me..Anyway,this happened every night,progressing,until finally,I really attack one man,burst through the last doors,to find my Mother sitting calmly on a bed,dressed smartly,handbag and everything as if shes off on a journey..And the wall behind her,very strange,was shimmering,rippling,humming..She told me it was ok,she had to go,she loved me and assured me I would be fine..She said "its ok Pete,nothing to be done now,try not to worry so"...

Even today,this brings a tear to my eye as I write this..The very next morning I woke to frantic shouts from my Father..Peter..PETER !! I jump up rush into their room..My dad has my mum in his arms,she is gasping for breath,he is panicking - Iam starting to panic,terrified really...NO PHONE !! I quickly throw on a top and shoes,run like hell down to the shops,maybe 600 yards or so,use the public phone there..Im running as fast as I can,when very clear in my mind I hear my Mother - "Its ok Pete,nothing to be done now"..It pulled me up short,and I knew in that instant,my Mother had just died..I clearly heard her speak..I walked the last 50 yards or so at first,thinking this through when I heard "Your father needs you now" - I ran again,quickly made the phone call,then ran back home to my dad..Even immediatly after,I knew this loss would destroy him,and from that moment on,my Father had already died inside..

He phsically lived many years after,but he was always a shell of his former Self after that..When he died,it was likewise,very starnge..He told my brother the day before tha he had seen our mother,and she was waiting for him..Literally,within 48 hours,he had "withdrawn " within himself,becoming completly unresponsive to the outisde world at all..When I became aware of all this,I told my family to expect the worst..I knew his love for my Mother,and how her leaving had affcted him..I couldnt blame him for wanting to leave,so instead I told him to just let go,asured him I would be fine,we ll would be fine - just as my Mother had assured me - for it was true - death is a natural process,a shedding of form yes,but not he end of existance itself..I knew this for sure by this stage in my lfe,and so this death was not so tramatic - a blessing actually,I hated seeing my Father in that broken state,for he was always my Hero..

I said in an introductory post,that this spiritual existance,is for me,the livng,daily experience,and this is indeed so..Some members of my immeduate famiy,have always taken their spiritual nature to be very authentic..My nephew Steve,was one of these rare few..He had a full on NDE age around 17,and many many spiritua encounters with Beings he likewise caled Angels (I myself have had similar direct encutners)..steve though,eventually committed suiced,some 5 years ago now,after becoming comletely convinced of his eternal spiritual nature..Literally,he ended his life here,in order ot reclaim his full faculty,full knowledg eof Self..

In many ways,we took this spiritual journey together,side by side..We would discuss and analyse EVERYTHING,share freely all our experiences,piece it together try to make sense..Approachng his death,I had again,bizarre dreams as has happened frequently throughout my lfe,premonitions that later come about s reality,often symbolic,sometimes very direct and accurate..I had a bizarre dream where I was riding a motorcycle across the rofs of buildings,like a giganitc massive city,wat over sized dimensions..There was someone else with me on another bike,both of us head to toe black leather,dark visor..As we jumped thee huge gaps the bikes would catch fire lik that film Ghost rider = all very surreal though I was fully lucid..We came to a massive gap and I stopped at the edge got off the bike..Mu companion next to me,we look over the gap,and down miles andmiles it seems to the ground below.."Thats it then,end of the road,I cant make that jump" I said..My friend says "yes,watch its easy,just let go"..He literaly,takes a swan dive head first off the building..I watch him plummett,and as he smacks the ground way below,a "cartoon" puff of smoke rises,like a mushroom cloud..

The next memory,Im swinging my legs off a bed,asking a "nurse" can I get my bike down off the roof please"..........Very bizarre..So anyway,as usual Im tellinmg Steve about this dreamm it hits me - "I hope thats not a premonition of a suicide and Im too thick to work it out",I say..strangely,he ws reluctant to discuss it..I should have added it up,though with hindsight I wouldnt have tried to sto his decisiion..

Anyway,few days later,Christmas eve actually,he comes to my house as expected to visit..He was VERY excited,almost like a little kid again,beaming big smile on his face.."Finally,its happened " he said..It seems he had just encountered a real life flesh and blood "man",whom he had previously encountered within his first NDE experience..Like an Angel from that spiritual realm,right here among us..This man said somethng to Steve,I dont know what - but whatever it was,it was like a signal to him,a final confirmation..Steve gave me the bare details then left saying he needed to "get his head" around it..In the early hours of th emorning,he walked some six miles in the freezing snow,to a little wooded place we used to play in as kids..He hung himself there,in complete seclusion with definately no hope of being found or stopped..Surely,whatever this "man" had said to him,whatever this "Angel" had said to him,it was the catalyst ,the final proof for him..He had an ultimate faith,assurance,life ends,but existance itself,carries on..New form,new paradigm,more complete understanding of Self..

And that really,is hat its all about I think - understanding of Self,for really there is no seperation -You,I,the Universe - all ONE entity..Allow this knowledge to take root,and perspectives will change accordingly,the illusions of this material world will be seen for what they are..
Old 17-12-2013, 01:25 AM
Deactivated Account
Some people can just feel it coming, and others don't seem to have a clue.
Old 17-12-2013, 03:47 AM
Knower

Thank you all .. wow pete, thank you for that story, it was really something. I really enjoyed reading it.

I have an Angel on my shoulder but a devil in my head. Kaskade

"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
Old 17-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Experiencer

I've had the feeling, last few weeks, that, it may be my time to pass. It is hard to explain in words. I just have the feeling it may happen. This could be just because of this friend of mine, being in bad health for some time, and, I know she would not be with us much longer. And, she did finally pass.

A few years ago, I got shook up a little, thinking my time to depart may be soon. But, it didn't happen. I was awaken, in the middle of the night. I looked at the side of my bed, felt someone tugging on my leg, my side, trying to pull me out of bed. There is a hallway light on, that some of the light comes into my bedroom, so, it's not completely dark. Anyway, I opened my eyes, and, saw a little hooded figure, doing this. He disappeared, I guess when he heard me and saw me. I got up, went to bathroom, got somethingto drink, and went back to sleep.

Next morning, it dawned on me what had happened. I tried to make some sense of it, as , it did happen. I thought maybe this figure was the grim reaper, maybe, and he was taking me to the next life.

Now, years later, I think I probably he was maybe an entity, a spirit, sapping my energy, in my sleep. Not sure what I exactly believe, though. Anyway, it wasn't the grim reaper, thank goodness.
Old 17-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Master

Pete that was an incredible story. Thank you for taking the time to post it.

rodan I've had entities sucking my energy at night too. They try to come back occasionally but I firmly tell them to go away and they have to. They are called incubus and succubus.
Old 21-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Shade

It's not uncommon for a person to get a "death impression" and feel like death is just around the corner. But in all realities, if you're not on the Death List, you're highly unlikely to die. There are a few exceptions of course, like in any system. Nothing is perfect really.

But I think (and this is just what I think) you should live each day as if it were your last and be thankful you're still here since you have much to offer. Everybody has much to offer. It's just all in how you use the time granted to you.