Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 10-12-2013, 02:19 PM
LillyMoon

As I believe in god. I believe he has planned our live out. But also. We have free will. So technically. I believe he knows what our choices are going to be which makes it that he know what our life decisions are.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylucid
I love how things fall together, not long after posting this thread someone replied to another thread id written with a link, within that link was this by frank keppler, never heard of him but he has some interesting thoughts from what ive skimmed through ..
'Focus 4 of consciousness holds what you might call our individual Primary Essence. Each individual is a focus of his or her Primary Essence. Stemming from each of our Primary Essences, if you like, are many, many other focuses. A person may have thousands of other focuses who are experiencing physical lives, both in our physical world and in many other physical dimensions too, but these other focuses are NOT us. But they are directly connected to us, if you like, as they are a focus of the same Primary Essence.

We can MERGE with these other focuses as they are of the same Primary Essence and they can MERGE with us. When I say merge I mean we can search within us and experience them. They are, most certainly 'other lives' and other lives we can merge with and experience. But they are NOT us. They are other focuses of our Primary Essence.

Loopy

This is a mental construct which is working better for me also, as I seem to have found another aspect of Over Soul, or Primary Essence, whatever we wanna call it, who's in another Now currently, we can go back and forth into each others worlds and have been doing so since we found each other.

Also there was another instance running that died (body) right after I graduated High School, he learned unconditional love in that life before leaving, and I seemed to get some of that understanding upon his passing, though I wouldn't understand that might have been the source of 'instant understanding' till decades later.

Linear re-incarnation is hard enough for many to grasp, and it looks like it's way more complex than that. We seem to be re-incarnating in all directions at once. Alternate Now's, alternate planets, alternate realities and so on. Sorta hurts the brain.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:46 PM
mysticdragon

Michael Newtons books may enlighten you on the subject. I would highly recommend his materials as Must read for any one on their spirit awakened journey . I am a hypnotist.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:10 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
Well I find it hard to believe that my cousin, who was brain damaged, was being punished for something in a previous life but according to what this guy I know said that seems to be the only explanation(based on what he believes).

Hi Mystik, hope all is going well. As many of the others have indicated - I too have picked up on the idea that we pick a life that will have a propensity to meet the potential we are capable of learning. Likewise, it is my understanding that it is not the details of this life we have control over, simply the patterns of experiences that will ultimately provide a realization of these lessons we need to experience as a human. Likewise, another person said that a human life experience is based on karma. While I do not believe this is the path I am taking, I certainly believe this too is an option. I see no reason why there would not be a school of consciousness or thought were you would allow a higher source to choose the path that is best for your growth. In otherwords - both can be true.

Regarding your cousin, what makes you think his condition is a punishment for something he did in another life? I honestly do not see it this way. I believe, if he did choose this life, chances are he is highly developed and is at a stage where he is helping others in their growth through his life. Ask yourself how much love and compassion his existence has brought to this world. I read an article about a medium who channeled Jesus. In this channeling, reincarnation was brought up. Accordingly, Jesus returned in the early 1900's and spent his entire short 4 years in life in the hospital with a rare bone cancer. His only purpose was in service to others. He brought joy and love with him and had a tremendous effect on the entire hospital according to this reputable and experienced medium.

It is not inconceivable that your cousin was/is here for a much higher purpose than might be apparent on the surface. Just a thought to consider.

Good luck, may your journey be peaceful

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 10-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyMoon
As I believe in god. I believe he has planned our live out. But also. We have free will. So technically. I believe he knows what our choices are going to be which makes it that he know what our life decisions are.

And so, if it's "free will" but "God" knows about it, then it is pre-determined from his point of view? How is that free will?

Seems to me you need to choose one or the other: Either "God" plans it all out, or you have free will.

Lora
Old 10-02-2014, 07:35 PM
livingkarma

Even though this is such an old thread, it is still worthly of replying to ...
I read "Journey of Souls" & Destiny of Souls" both by Michael Newton, the "guy" misinterpreted the information as well as applied to very different concepts to the same scenario ...

Quote:
I know a guy who says that we chose our lives before we are born.

This refers to a life contract ...
Say your cousin chose in his life contract to help/be of service to people to evolve, do God's work-become good/spiritual ...
Being that he could not talk or walk, family members would have to learn to care for him as well as learn love, patience, compassion, acceptance ...
Those he came in contact with would have their character/attributes tested for awareness, for change ...
The choice for the life contract was to help people ...
The conditions he was given to do his work were not a choice; they were provided to him ...

Quote:
So anyway, I asked him to explain my cousin who could not walk or talk(because he had CP)and died at the age of 44. He said he must have done something in a previous life where he had to accept a life that was not "normal" in the next life.

This refers to karma ...
This is a completely different concept ...
Mixing the 2 creates alot of confusion & skepticism ...
Karma in Hindu and Buddhist philosophy determines the state/quality of somebody's current and future lives as determined by that person's behavior in this and in previous lives ...
Karma creates balance ...

Combing information together is a common & repetitive mistake people make when learning new concepts, spirituality, religion, viewing the world differently ...

Last edited by livingkarma : 10-02-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Master
Livingkarma--

Plus, I feel that example given of a "life plan" is waay too general. Making a life plan like that requires no "planning"--it's just choices.

I see plans as a little more specific, specific areas of our energy that are "weak" and that translate in physical lives as issues--like issues with death or issues with loving ourselves or issues with creating, maybe specific issues with souls. There can be lots of issues, but in previous lives I think we learn how our energy, as it is, can manifest itself as a group of issues when incarnating. Those issues might not show up in spirit, but it doesn't take long in life.

We all can recognize certain issues in our lives where we don't learn how to deal with some situation and it comes up over and over and over until we learn it. Part of this is the process of learning, but the other part is those issues which our soul needs to learn too.

Of course it's all just our own guesses. And everyone's guess is valid.

Lora
Old 10-02-2014, 07:50 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Livingkarma--

Plus, I feel that example given of a "life plan" is waay too general. Making a life plan like that requires no "planning"--it's just choices.

I see plans as a little more specific, specific areas of our energy that are "weak" and that translate in physical lives as issues--like issues with death or issues with loving ourselves or issues with creating. There can be lots of them, but in previous lives I think we learn how our energy, as it is, can manifest itself as a group of issues when incarnating. THose issues might not show up in spirit, but it doesn't take long in life.

We all can recognize certain issues in our lives where we don't learn how to deal with some situation and it comes up over and over and over until we learn it. Part of this is the process of learning, but the other part is those issues which our soul needs to learn too.

Of course it's all just our own guesses. And everyone's guess is valid.

Lora

I was merely giving an example ...
An uncomplicated - less detailed example for the PO to grasp - ease of understanding ...
One, who has far more knowledge would not have difficulty understanding either concept or the reason for the simplicity ...
Most newbies, as the PO, had problems grasping it when he was introduced to it ...
The PO said he would be reading the Newton book; he was doing his own footwook/continued research as everyone else should ...
Old 10-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Well I find it hard to believe that my cousin, who was brain damaged, was being punished for something in a previous life but according to what this guy I know said that seems to be the only explanation(based on what he believes).
Well, I wouldn't look at it as punishment. I know it is a harsh life to choose but....when the soul leaves and goes to the afterlife, he becomes acutely aware of what he has done on Earth (Good/Bad). He feels the emotions he has caused in others around him. If he has wronged someone, he would be mortified. You see, nobody dishes out punishment there...the soul itself chooses to go through these kind of lives to experience the pain he has caused to others and therefore grow spiritually through actually understanding...because unless you have experienced it yourself, you cannot really fathom the joy or pain through words or seeing others go through it. It has to be you.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Master

Hi everyone,

Do we really chose our lives before we are born?, here is a short story that would tend to confirm, yes!, this child has chosen his life on Earth.

A fellow co-worker in my last employer had a beautiful child. At the age of 5 or 6 years old, her mother was talking non-chalantly to her child and at one point, the mother told how hard they were trying to have a beautiful child like they have. The mother keep on explaining all the troubles (years of trying) they went through to have her. And she asked the child why was it that it took so long for you (child) to come in. The child told her mother that she had been navigating the World around to find suitable parents for her journey on Earth. The mother was bewildered to hear that, she wanted to cry out her surprise to this magnificient story but she couldn't, for her, it was an amazing experience.

When the mother was sharing this experience with me, you could feel her truthfulness going about telling this great story of her child.

The best to everyone!