Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 25-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator
That's humorous
Old 25-02-2012, 09:21 PM
imabeliever

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul whisperer
saw this quote this morning that might help:
"Before we can let go of anything, we first have to ACKNOWLEDGE its presence. Once we have done this we then need to OWN it, even if it is very painful to do so. When we own our pain or fears we are then able to LET GO and we are free. This is how we become whole again." - Jacqueline Cullen

which means to me that it's pointless trying to ignore our pain and 'get rid of it', so to speak...we need to acknowledge it, accept it for what it is, EMBRACE it even, because that's what is helping us define ourselves at the moment...the fact that we can and do feel so much love and the 'apparent' loss of it (i say 'apparent' because it's never really lost..we are still connected with our soul connections and the love never dies) is what is causing us the pain...not having them physically in our lives... and learning to let go of the need to have them presently with us because the love we think they gave us was already in us...what I think he brought out in me was already there...that's what we need to work on and directing that love to ourselves....
much love to you MM

Thank you for this SW!
Old 25-02-2012, 09:24 PM
imabeliever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
Yesterday was quite funny as I ended up at a table in a pub, midday, with two others involved in the twin flame thing and as I sat there and the realisation of this, that the three of us were all involved in twin flame scenarios, but at totally different points of enactment, I just thought it was beautiful.

One was, and is, so entangled he was unable to see a way out, his hope told him there was, but the reality was just more entanglement... while the other chap, we were all guys, was seeing his own entanglement reflected in greater depth. Neither of then knew the concept but were realising it existed in their shared experiences.

I sat there almost chuckling to myself, waiting for the opportunity to let them know what the 'entanglement' was called, but was reluctant to explain the meaning.

From within the entanglement it seems the only thing in life worth living up to, all else pales in comparison with the possibility of depth offered, but from outside, but still within, untangling is the only viable option.

Lets say you have two balls connected by string and you hang them by the centre of the string. They will tangle, untangle and then tangle the other way.... on and on and on.

But what if the two balls stretch to each end? The see the string and the point from whence they hung is no longer in control... They see each other, from a distance, but the nature of the string comes into play....

Entangled? untangle or entangle further.

This is Awesome!!!! Love the Clarity it gives me
Old 26-02-2012, 02:38 PM
SerpentQueen

> Why would two halves of the same soul unite when one is so severely underdeveloped?

They don't. You *aren't* severely underdeveloped. You just can't see it.

Twin flame or not, people always fall in love with someone who is more or less at same level of resonance or vibration-- if you want to use the new age spiritual term. The psychologists have another term for this and it's based on science. It's called limbic resonance and the science says that you cannot will yourself to fall in love with someone who is more emotionally healthy than you are. We routinely fall in love with people who are about the same level of dysfunction and/or emotional health as our own selves.

He may be slightly more "advanced" than you but not much more than that. It's your insecurity that is misperceiving how "advanced" you are. You would not have been attracted to this man, nor he to you, if you weren't just as wonderful as he is.

I can relate: my own TF has told me over and over he's not worthy of me... he views me as more "advanced" (I keep putting it in quotes because the word makes me cringe, but I haven't had enough coffee yet to think of a better one). I say, "Poppycock to that." Like you have done here, I can easily list all the amazing things about him that make me the unworthy one in comparison. I scratch my head and wonder "what does he see in me? he could have anyone... why me?"

Remember, they are our MIRRORS. You are focusing on the weaknesses you see reflected. How about focusing on the strengths? Seeing what he sees in you? If you are going to "work" on anything, work on your strengths and make them shine so bright your weaknesses will not be noticeable. And embrace your amazing awesomeness. Never ever allow yourself to say "he's better than me; I'm not worthy." It's simply not true.
Old 26-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningMist
Twinflame: Illusion or Real?

By placing this post in the Soulmates & Twin Flames section, you will get a very biased response.

If I may be so bold as to claim that 98% of the responses will be by the twin flame brigade (i.e. those that believe Twinflames are real) and you may get one or two posts contrary to that.

It's akin to asking if Jesus was the son of God and posting it in the Christianity section...you know?

Old 26-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Ladybug1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
> Why would two halves of the same soul unite when one is so severely underdeveloped?

They don't. You *aren't* severely underdeveloped. You just can't see it.

Twin flame or not, people always fall in love with someone who is more or less at same level of resonance or vibration-- if you want to use the new age spiritual term. The psychologists have another term for this and it's based on science. It's called limbic resonance and the science says that you cannot will yourself to fall in love with someone who is more emotionally healthy than you are. We routinely fall in love with people who are about the same level of dysfunction and/or emotional health as our own selves.

He may be slightly more "advanced" than you but not much more than that. It's your insecurity that is misperceiving how "advanced" you are. You would not have been attracted to this man, nor he to you, if you weren't just as wonderful as he is.

I can relate: my own TF has told me over and over he's not worthy of me... he views me as more "advanced" (I keep putting it in quotes because the word makes me cringe, but I haven't had enough coffee yet to think of a better one). I say, "Poppycock to that." Like you have done here, I can easily list all the amazing things about him that make me the unworthy one in comparison. I scratch my head and wonder "what does he see in me? he could have anyone... why me?"

Remember, they are our MIRRORS. You are focusing on the weaknesses you see reflected. How about focusing on the strengths? Seeing what he sees in you? If you are going to "work" on anything, work on your strengths and make them shine so bright your weaknesses will not be noticeable. And embrace your amazing awesomeness. Never ever allow yourself to say "he's better than me; I'm not worthy." It's simply not true.

I agree here.

Who says either is further in the path than the other? I used to think that since I was the more aware, that I was further along and would pray that he would hurry and catch up. I don't believe that now. My theory, and this is just an opinion and what I, myself believe, is that we kinda start at opposite ends, so to speak, and meet in the middle. As I'm learning one thing, he's learning another, but at the same time, he's picking up what I'm learning and I'm picking up what he's learning. Eventually, when the time is right, we meet in the middle. That seems to be what is going on with him and I, and makes sense to me. When you also factor in the anamus and anama. Which I thought the whole female/male balance thing was **. But I can see it now. One would think that it is such a small thing, but I see it as a huge part. Men getting in touch with their emotions and learning to be more woman, and woman getting in touch with their male side. On the outside, one would think we were already balanced in this, but in this relationship, I let my emotions take over and he, his logic. No balance was there, on the inside where it mattered. When you think about it ALL, it does make sense.
Not to mention, they are putting us on a pedestal like we are them. So they feel not "good" enough for us. They may say we deserve better. We say they deserve better and feel not "good" enough for them. That's **. No one else is any better than anyone else. Take them off the pedestal, see them as human with faults. And they in turn will take us off, and won't feel that they aren't good enough.

Anyway, I think I'm rambling...lol. I could go on and on and the subject would change 100 times...lol So I'll end here with saying, that I do agree with what SerpentQueen wrote, but wanted to add my thoughts
Old 26-02-2012, 04:11 PM
DulcePoetica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
By placing this post in the Soulmates & Twin Flames section, you will get a very biased response.

If I may be so bold as to claim that 98% of the responses will be by the twin flame brigade (i.e. those that believe Twinflames are real) and you may get one or two posts contrary to that.

It's akin to asking if Jesus was the son of God and posting it in the Christianity section...you know?

Another helpful hint: On the other side of the "twin flame brigade" coin, you will find "twinophobia." Same coin, same worth if you ask me.
Old 26-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
Another helpful hint: On the other side of the "twin flame brigade" coin, you will find "twinophobia." Same coin, same worth if you ask me.

I think both Squatchit and DulcePoetica bring up valid points here. There are always going to be people far to either side of this idea. Some swear up and down that it must be; others are vehement that it must not be.

I think the term "twin flame" is becoming very trendy, and the more I read about it, the more I see varying theories of what it is or how to tell. There is very little consistency across the board.

That being said, I do believe in them. I just rely more on my own intuition and spirit guides to understand the concept.
Old 26-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Master
For the same reason the twin flame thing could be utter nonsense theres an utter significance in it being a spiritual exercise worthy of jumping into.

In our quest to be unattached to the ego and all the sweets and lollies that material life offers us it seems entirely appropriate that the supposedly highest manifestation of attachment comes into scrutiny. Romantic love and the souls fulfilment through that is one of our oldest myths so something that pulls at those strings is akin to a final assault course before we get our badges of honour as soldiers of love.

Nothing else, so far, has granted me the absolute sense that another soul has the freedom to be as they should and within their own absolute autonomy.

No matter how high we choose to define our own longings... we can never own anothers.
Old 28-02-2012, 01:05 PM
MorningMist

Thank you all for your patience and wisdom (and everyone else)...but you know what?

Call me an idiot, but I'm beginning to go the "bah humbug!" route over this whole concept.

My brain hurts trying to understand it.

Am leaning towards the whole TF concept having originated by some whacked-out person with too much time on their hands that quickly took hold because most of us mere mortals need something to believe in and look forward to...even if said beliefs are just illusions (please y'all, spare me the religious comments, been there, done that, not even a tiny bit interested).

Or maybe it's just a circuit overload of pain talking, but if I have one more dream about him not being able to see me when I'm standing right in front of him, I shall scream.

Could use a punching bag right about now....not terribly ladylike, I know.