Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-08-2013, 02:20 AM
Knower

The Unforgivable Sin

What is the Unforgivable Sin?
I have been told it is to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit ,but what is the Holy Spirit and what exactly does it mean to blaspheme against it?
Old 13-08-2013, 02:45 AM
StaroftheSea

The Holy Spirit is the Holy Trinity (God our Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ our Saviour and The Holy Spirit) as "One"

Holy God, Holy Almighty "One", Holy Immortal "One".

Blasphemy is taking the Lord our God's Holy Name in vain.

Swearing using God's Holy Name in vain in many ways is a great Hurt/sin against God and one not excused unless one genuinely asks for His forgiveness (Jesus' forgiveness) for it is only through Jesus (God's only Begotten Holy Son) that sins are forgiven or that we can come to know God.

Love and Peace to you.
Old 13-08-2013, 04:27 AM
Master
The Unforgivable Sin is unforgivable because only the individual who committed the act can forgive themselves through purification.

Judas the disciple committed the Unforgivable Sin. He blasphemed the Holy Ghost in the presence of Lord Jesus.

In Jesus was the Holy Ghost, the presence of God made manifest and Judas knew this, saw this, and experienced it. He betrayed his master thus cursing himself with dire consequences and the Holy Ghost leaving his presence.

Judas' karmic penance would only suffice in the later future beyond his present life.

When one has complete witness, testimony, and experience of God and STILL spurn and attacks that special gift of Manifestation (Holy Ghost) then the individual has committed the sin that can not be removed from the Higher Power. Its outright rebellion with a clear conscience.
Old 15-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfre
I have been told it is to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit ,but what is the Holy Spirit and what exactly does it mean to blaspheme against it?

Many teach and believe the Holy Spirit is a third part of Jesus and his Father Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3). but that's so not true. And if many would take the time to research the origins of the trinity. They would know the truth. (Matt. 12:31,32 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come), IF there was a "3-in-1 god", why wasn’t the Father mention? Jesus wouldn’t have left him out, especially since he mentioned himself! But he really didn't!, he’s speaking of one talking down on God’s power. The HS isn’t a being, but God causing to happen. To speak ill against it, is saying God can’t do, which will cause ones life.

Here's proof the HS ISN'T a third part of Jesus and his Father. But the POWER or WILL of God to cause WHATEVER he wants to happen, happen! (Acts 7:55,56 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God) , Stephen seen into Heaven because God wanted him to, NOT because there was a spirit being helping him to. And (Acts 11:24 For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: and much people was added unto the Lord), Barnabas was a true servants of God, he allowed himself to be full of God’s HS. This is why he was a good man, but also a faithful servant. There’s NO being helping him to be this person.

Here... (2Pet. 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost) ,it was Jehovah God ALONE, who gave men words in which to speak and write. (Dan. 12:8,9 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end). How about here?... (Jer. 30:1,2 The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book) ,he said the the LORD, (which replaced the letters Y.H.W.H.), Hebrew for Yahweh, Jehovah in english), told him to why down what he's saying.

And lastly... (Acts 2:1-11 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God).

these people of different languages ,ALL began to speak began to speak ONE language, through Jehovah's WILL to make them do so. He didn't send another being to help them do so. Again it's Jehovah WILL or Power to cause things to happen, and there's NO one ,NO humans, nor Demons, NOT even Jesus, can speak ill against Jehovah God's Power. NOT that Jesus would do so, because he TRUELY love his Father. peace
Old 20-08-2013, 11:18 PM
Master
Quote:

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit, specifically, is to atribute the good workings of God's Spirit to the devil, as is stated in the Gospel, by Jesus.

Which is what the Jewish leaders were doing, concerning their statements about the Healings and miracles, that Christ was performing for people.
The workings of the devil, the god of this world and age, ought to be quite evident, while also the workings of God are also evident.

Jesus stated that a kingdom divided cannot stand, being against itself.
Faith and healings are of God.

Meanwhile, an "Unforgivable Sin", which St Paul spoke of, is that involving resolute non belief.
Which is also what the Jewish leaders were exhibiting, in making the statements that they did.

Our beliefs affect, and result in, our behavior in the world.
Are you a believer or not?
If so, you shouldn't be worried about these things.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 21-08-2013, 07:16 AM
goldie08

Not knowing our divine nature is the cause of our troubles

Quote:
-----------

Without going into a lot of quotations and references I would simply say that the unforgivable sin is IGNORANCE.

Because of man's ignorance of his true nature and his connection to God, or Divine Life, he lives in error which in turn causes sorrow and suffering. To put it mildly, it is tantamount to shooting yourself in the foot. You do yourself a disservice and accomplish nothing of spiritual value if you live in ignorance of the Divine Presence we call God.

Once we've learned to set aside the personal self and give our mind and heart over to the universal Self (the Christ Mind), we gain more wisdom, harmony, and love for all.

---------
Old 23-08-2013, 01:14 AM
Knower

Firstly, I want to thank each of you ,Star of the Sea, Amilius, JoJo,Morpheus and Goldie for the thoughtful, in-depth replies.
(*sigh*This site doesn't seem to want to let me post replies.. making it quite difficult)
I've heard a variety of answers to my question .I've been told by a pastor and a reverend both that the "Unforgivable Sin" is unforgiveness. So I have been in confusion for a while.
In answer to your question Morpheus, I believe that Jesus came in the flesh to die for our sins.
I do not consider myself a Christian though. I do not wish to offend anyone or start an argument ,the reasons being appalled by what has been done over the centuries in the name of Christianity and not abiding by some of the beliefs.
I do understand Christians are not the only ones that have behaved abominably.
Again , not meaning to offend ,just my feelings.
Old 23-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Bluegreen

I do not think there is an unforgivable sin. It just does not fit the image of All That Is that I have.
Is there a special section where all those who committed unforgivable sins are kept? A sort of celestial prison? Or would God/All That Is destroy a part of Him/Itself?
If through Jesus all sins are forgiven, then there would not be an unforgivable sin.
Old 23-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Firstly, I want to thank each of you ,Star of the Sea, Amilius, JoJo,Morpheus and Goldie for the thoughtful, in-depth replies.
(*sigh*This site doesn't seem to want to let me post replies.. making it quite difficult)
I've heard a variety of answers to my question .I've been told by a pastor and a reverend both that the "Unforgivable Sin" is unforgiveness. So I have been in confusion for a while.
In answer to your question Morpheus, I believe that Jesus came in the flesh to die for our sins.
I do not consider myself a Christian though. I do not wish to offend anyone or start an argument ,the reasons being appalled by what has been done over the centuries in the name of Christianity and not abiding by some of the beliefs.
I do understand Christians are not the only ones that have behaved abominably.
Again , not meaning to offend ,just my feelings.

No offense taken.
You feel that humanity is better off without "religion"? That, egotistical humans will not use any reason to attain their egoic ends?
No violence, apart from "Religion"? Or, Faith?

The violence we see through the ages, and prevalent in the world today, en mass, is about fallen human nature... and animalistic EGO, in humanity, involving the early developed "Reptilian Brain".
Which is inherent in our evolved physiology. Not about any, "Religion".

Maturity, meditation, and thought is required to see this.

Meanwhile, regarding the "unforgivable sin" it is about lack of Faith in a greater transcendant reality, existant... related consequences for attending behavior in the world... (selfish and exclusively self involved), and, "inurement" to this temporary transient material world construct.

Consequential behavior related thereto. - Simply put? Lack of faith.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 28-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Enigmatic Spammos

Quote:

Unforgivable sin is a sin in which an individual perseveres in.
In that sense sinners will is turned away from God and in justice God can't forgive him.
Hence the necessary requirements for a good confession is sorrow for sin, not committing sins anymore, avoiding the proximate occasions, firm resolve not to sin any more, confession and penance.

Last edited by Enigmatic Spammos : 28-08-2013 at 11:55 PM.