Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 28-02-2011, 01:51 AM
Master
Maha Shivratri - March , 2011

The great night of Shiva is coming...
Old 05-03-2011, 11:09 AM
s0ultraveller

I was awake for Maha Shivarathiri night and was doing meditation. The feeling and experience was immensely high.

Om Namah Shivaya
Old 06-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Ginne

Symbolism of Siva

I am new to this forum but I have never been to any forum like this .. the discussions are so lively !!
Old 22-04-2011, 10:38 PM
iksvakave

Love the Picture!

I love this picture!
Old 22-04-2011, 10:39 PM
iksvakave

Really? what did you experience?

Really? That is very interesting to me. What did you experience?

Iksvakave
Old 27-03-2013, 11:26 AM
SpiritualBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Here's an image of Siva and Shakti with their son Ganesha.
The symbolism of this, according to my teacher. is that when energy and consciousness are merged (that is, when Kundalini rises to the crown chakra) wisdom is the result. Ganesha represents God's power of wisdom - that which removes obstacles but also which places obstacles in our path (for us to grow).

Dear Uma,
This is one of the best threads I have ever come across! Your descriptions are beautifully rational, logical and absolutely true. It is very rare to come across such wisdom, so thank you for sharing it!
Old 27-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Guide

I'm a Saiva Hindu. For those of us who are, it means that Siva is God. Period. Saivism is one of 4 main sects or divisions within Hinduism. In Saivism, although some things are symbolic, and their are symbols, there is also a reality to it. For example, Ganesha is a very real being, an inner plane helper who can both remove and put obstacles in your path to guide you along the dharmic way.

My personal form of Siva enshrined in our shrine room is Nataraja, the dancer, as seen in a previous post, but also often in a brass or multimetalled murthi.

This is an old thread I see. I hope that's okay on this forum.