Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-02-2012, 11:48 PM
michaelsherlock

I Am Christ

The title of this thread, ‘I am Christ’, although sounding like the rant of a deluded mind, is in fact, a profound notion. A notion that has the power to end wars, famine, inequality and the manipulation, which has been the cornerstone of both religion and politics. This philosophy, which I have termed‘I am Christ’, is not of my own contrivance, but dates back to a time before the alleged advent of Christ himself. Philosophers like Socrates and Plato propagated this ancient idea, along with more modern scholars like, Jiddu Krishnamurti, Carl Gustav Jung, Wilhelm Reich, Albert Einstein and the late professor of mythology at Princeton University, Joseph Campbell, to name just a few.

Although it is an exceptionally useful way of thinking, it is frightening to those malign shepherds who have been at the helm of the sinking ship of humanity, since time immemorial. As a result of the threat posed by this idea, the heads of both religion and politics have released a virus into the minds of the many. In so doing, they have ensured that this philosophy is denied the opportunity to take root amongst the masses. This virus has continued to ensure our masters' ill-gotten power over us. We have given this virus the harmless and innocent name,‘belief.’ Yet, it is far from harmless and has been the favored tool of the malevolent in fomenting disorder and chaos amongst an otherwise intelligent species. Should we be freed from this cognitive prison, the balance of power between the masses and the elites would shift, toppling the naked emperors that have subjugated humanity since the deliberate spread of this mental and emotional plague!
Old 07-02-2012, 12:25 AM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsherlock
Sorry, but I guess you would "believe" me to be blasphemous!

I guess to elaborate on this philosophy a little more:

In a nutshell, the “I am Christ philosophy” describes a way thinking, independent from the belief system. It symbolizes a kind of cognitive freedom, a freedom which enables the individual to stand on their own feet and travel free, without the leading strings of belief imposing masters. It enunciates a type of holistic thinking and being, or unified consciousness described by Jung as individuation. Most importantly, it represents true mental freedom! Although it is a useful and constructive way of thinking, it is frightening to those malign marshals who have been at the helm of the sinking ship of humanity, since time immemorial. As a result of the threatening nature of this type of philosophy, the heads of both religion and politics have released a virus into the minds of the many, ensuring that such a “dangerous notion” is denied the opportunity to take root amongst the meek, by turning people into dependent, self-policing heresy hunters.

What I believe, is that I have encountered many who are Christ-like in life. And I have witnessed some, who make the claim that they are Christ, in the mental wards of medical facilities. It seems that they lost their identity in the good book, and after having talked to many of them, and by my observation when comparing them to how scripture described Jesus Christ, my conclusion is that they were not in Christ, but "out of their minds."
Old 07-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Mayflow

Many believed Jesus Christ to be blasphemous.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:29 AM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
Many believed Jesus Christ to be blasphemous.

And what in common do those who claim themselves to be Jesus Christ, have in common with being God? or only that they and His Son were called blasphemous? Is there some form of common identity, qualities, characteristics, and attributes, that we may base some form of identification on? Or only the claim, if one claims themselves Christ, well then, show us, in all likeness what Christ had DONE.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsherlock
The title of this thread, ‘I am Christ’, although sounding like the rant of a deluded mind, is in fact, a profound notion. A notion that has the power to end wars, famine, inequality and the manipulation, which has been the cornerstone of both religion and politics. This philosophy, which I have termed‘I am Christ’, is not of my own contrivance, but dates back to a time before the alleged advent of Christ himself. Philosophers like Socrates and Plato propagated this ancient idea, along with more modern scholars like, Jiddu Krishnamurti, Carl Gustav Jung, Wilhelm Reich, Albert Einstein and the late professor of mythology at Princeton University, Joseph Campbell, to name just a few.

Although it is an exceptionally useful way of thinking, it is frightening to those malign shepherds who have been at the helm of the sinking ship of humanity, since time immemorial. As a result of the threat posed by this idea, the heads of both religion and politics have released a virus into the minds of the many. In so doing, they have ensured that this philosophy is denied the opportunity to take root amongst the masses. This virus has continued to ensure our masters' ill-gotten power over us. We have given this virus the harmless and innocent name,‘belief.’ Yet, it is far from harmless and has been the favored tool of the malevolent in fomenting disorder and chaos amongst an otherwise intelligent species. Should we be freed from this cognitive prison, the balance of power between the masses and the elites would shift, toppling the naked emperors that have subjugated humanity since the deliberate spread of this mental and emotional plague!
Great stuff michaelsherlock, I can see Christianity moving towards this way of thinking, no longer stuck in the old dead past, no longer needing to crawl to a man that supposedly lived over 2000 years ago. The story of Jesus is the story of many god men such as the Buddha, Krishna......

The early manuscripts were all taken from other beliefs and woven into the story of Jesus, all these stories are our story, they point to our own inner Being, call it the Christ, Buddha or whatever it makes no difference.

The trouble with present Christianity is that they are separating themselves from God, God being our true inner being, or Christ Consciousness. To the ignorant this is seen as blasphemy, when all the time they are the ones who are blaspheming. We are all One in Consciousness, to continue to see otherwise is to live in ignorance.

All religion does is separate, all believing that their religion is the true one, its time to end this childish game, its time to grow up and mature spiritually, its time to take what is your's, and that is your true Identity, the Christ.

When I say that I AM the Christ, I am saying at the same time that we are all the Christ, there is One Christ, One Consciousness, One Religion, this is what true Religion is. I want every individual to have his own religion–in other words his own lifestyle, his own philosophy–and to live according to his own deepening insight.

Don't let the ego of others, or the devil, tell you any different, they feel fear in this way of thinking, they are the ones who fear god and because of this, they will project their fear onto you.

Go out and tell the world of your new found Identity the Christ, be bold and never let anyone drag you down to their hell, for these are the one's that the Christ never knew.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
And why and what in common do those who claim themselves to be Jesus Christ, have in common with being God? or only that they and His Son were called blasphemous? Is there some form of common identity, qualities, characteristics, and attributes, that we may base some form of identification on? Or only the claim, if one claims themselves Christ, well then, show us, in all likeness what Christ had DONE.

It is my belief that everyone and everything is God. Many manifold Universes, time frames and spans expand this but where is the Unity of the all ever broken?
It might be thought that it can be broken by thoughts of good and Evil, but these are thoughts and while thoughts can create and lead to the temporal physical creations of all kinds of things, the thoughts do not have the ability to be the thinker.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:49 AM
TeeHee

Quote:
It is my belief that everyone and everything is God.

And that is a false and dangerous idea. The thoughts do not have the ability to be the thinker? or is it better said, I think, therefore I am?
Old 07-02-2012, 01:11 AM
Mayflow

Quote:
And that is a total false and dangerous idea. The thoughts do not have the ability to be the thinker? or is it better said, I think, therefore I am?

Now you try and think for yourself and you tell me why you think my idea is false and dangerous? Remember your Christ when he said to not cast judgments like that? Read what Psycho said about Jesus one day saying to people who professed followship of His as those who never knew Him, and remember your Bible where it states that "Ye too are are Gods" , and remember too that Jesus befriended so called sinners and tax collectors and thieves and harlots and the leperous as well.

I do not think when you call others who see differently than you do as false and dangerous, you are following the teachings of Christ very precisely.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:16 AM
TeeHee

Quote:
Now you try and think for yourself and you tell me why you think my idea is false and dangerous? Remember your Christ when he said to not cast judgments like that? Read what Psycho said about Jesus one day saying to people who professed followship of His as those who never knew Him, and remember your Bible where it states that "Ye too are are Gods" , and remember too that Jesus befriended so called sinners and tax collectors and thieves and harlots and the leperous as well.

I do not think when you call others who see differently than you do as false and dangerous, you are following the teachings of Christ very precisely.

I think you and "psycho" should start paying attention to exactly "WHO" the audience is, when the Scriptures speaks to someone. The Scriptures are written to them, for us. In Psychos case he should always read in the third person, He is the way, the truth and the life, and nobody comes to the father except through him instead of "I am" the way...

Jesus also taught to know those that you should not throw your pearls before, and they are pigs and dogs. If your shoes fit, then happily wear them. Now what would make one a pig or dog?
Old 07-02-2012, 01:18 AM
Mayflow

Quote:
I think you and "psycho" should start paying attention to exactly "WHO" the audience is, when the Scriptures speaks to someone. The Scriptures are written to them, for us. In Psychos case he should always read in the third person, He is the way, the truth and the life, and nobody comes to the father except through him instead of "I am" the way...

Jesus also taught to know those that you should not throw your pearls before, and they are pigs and dogs. If your shoes fit, then happily wear them. Now what would make one a pig or dog?

Your opinion of them, I suppose?