Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-12-2011, 01:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
As do I, and the uniqueness of Christianity could be said to be in that God reaches downward to mankind. While others teach to reach up to God through their own SELF efforts.

But I think it is the application of the teaching in one's life that is also central to any teaching. Being aware of something is useless unless it has made the difference in life choices and thus, there's change. We are Christian and proof of the teachings of Jesus when exhibiting change.
self and SELF are two different meanings, the small self can never reach what we call God, but the SELF, is within God, this SELF is what the myth of Jesus was all about, it is what the story pointed to.
Old 14-12-2011, 01:38 AM
TeeHee

Arguing with someone on my ignore list is like beating a dead horse. Either way, one should not beat the dead horse.

As one of my children says, the lighthouse doesn't run around the island trying to save people... the lighthouse just stands shining.
Old 14-12-2011, 02:04 AM
UniversalLove

TeeHee, I totally agree about practice. :) Good point.

psychoslice, true, there are different denominations and traditions within Christianity. To me, that is a sign of having different interpretations and ways of thinking, and I think that's fine.
Old 14-12-2011, 02:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
Arguing with someone on my ignore list is like beating a dead horse. Either way, one should not beat the dead horse.

As one of my children says, the lighthouse doesn't run around the island trying to save people... the lighthouse just stands shining.
But the thing is your no lighthouse keeper, your out there on the rocks lol.
Old 14-12-2011, 02:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalLove
TeeHee, I totally agree about practice. :) Good point.

psychoslice, true, there are different denominations and traditions within Christianity. To me, that is a sign of having different interpretations and ways of thinking, and I think that's fine.
Yes that's fine but they all believe they and only they have the truth, I know, I was a christian for many years, you patronize each other, thinking your all Christians.
Old 14-12-2011, 02:29 AM
UniversalLove

psychoslice, I actually totally agree with you. I also think that there should be no patronizing.
But I must tell you, as a human being and as a Christian, that I do NOT think that only I have the truth. There is truth in all world religions. Secondly, it is not my goal as a Christian to patronize anyone. My only goal, as a human being and as a Christian, is to sincerely love and practice kindness. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 14-12-2011, 02:37 AM
TeeHee

To produce the fruit of the spirit is a good application of Jesus' teaching...

Last edited by TeeHee : 14-12-2011 at 05:57 AM.
Old 14-12-2011, 02:41 AM
Master
Quote:
psychoslice, I actually totally agree with you. I also think that there should be no patronizing.
But I must tell you, as a human being and as a Christian, that I do NOT think that only I have the truth. There is truth in all world religions. Secondly, it is not my goal as a Christian to patronize anyone. My only goal, as a human being and as a Christian, is to sincerely love and practice kindness. Nothing more, nothing less.
Yes that's beautiful that you think that way as a Christian, but the sad fact is most do not agree with you, this is why I don't like to use the label christian, its become ugly.
Old 14-12-2011, 02:47 AM
UniversalLove

psychoslice, Thank you so much, my friend. :) And it is understandable that you say that. I like how you mentioned labels. Perhaps it is time everyone drops labels and realizes that the one true path is loving-kindness.
Old 14-12-2011, 02:53 AM
Master
Quote:
psychoslice, Thank you so much, my friend. :) And it is understandable that you say that. I like how you mentioned labels. Perhaps it is time everyone drops labels and realizes that the one true path is loving-kindness.
Yes so true, but if we dropped labels, sadly most would make something out of dropping labels, I think the only way is to realize that so called heaven is within, that God is within, and each one of us can only realize that for our self, no church or religion can do it for us, not even Jesus. Jesus pointed the way, but he cannot wheel you into heaven, only we can do that, by grace only.