Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-05-2011, 03:28 PM
AngelBreeze

About Homosexuality

In today's world there is the perceived notion that people must follow one train of thought concerning homosexuality and that is that it is wrong. However, there are other well-balanced, credible sources with great information that one should also pay close attention to for a more informed and balanced viewpoint.

Mention is made about the Biblical passages some would ascribe to be against homosexuality. But if you truly want to see both sides of this issue, you will read the following all the way through with interest.

http://faculty.mdc.edu/jmcnair/Joe11...ENTATION. htm

Deus tecum, (\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an anti-Christ." -- II JOHN 1:7 (KJV)

"Jesus saith unto him, I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." -- JOHN 14:6 (KJV)
Old 19-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Bluegreen

AngelBreeze, thanks for the excellent link. I was horrified at the list of techniques that have been used 'to cure' homosexual feelings. They are inhuman and for what?
Old 19-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Master

The article you linked to begins with this question:
Quote:
Chosen lifestyle or fixed orientation?
The answer is that it can be either one because the word is used in two different ways. Sometimes it is used to refer to the condition of some people who find themselves sexually attracted to others of the same sex and sometime it is used to describe the sexual activity that results from that attraction. A lot of confusion results from failure to distinguish between these two meanings.

A person can't help his sexual orientation. There is some disagreement on how fixed it is and whether or not it can be changed, but in any case simply being homosexual in this sense isn't a sin.

But anyone, either homosexual or heterosexual, can choose whether or not he will act on his desires. The Bible clearly teaches that the only kind of sexual activity that is permissible is that between a man and woman who are married to each other. Homosexuals and unmarried heterosexuals must abstain from any sexual activity if they want to live in obedience to God.

A homosexual who has engaged in sinful acts can be forgiven if he repents and turns to Christ just as a heterosexual can.

It seems that there are some who are able to overcome their homosexual orientation as well, because there is at least one organization that exists to support such people.
Quote:
PFOX is not a therapeutic or counseling organization. PFOX supports families, advocates for the ex-gay community, and educates the public on sexual orientation. Each year thousands of men, women and teens with unwanted same-sex attractions make the personal decision to leave homosexuality. However, there are those who refuse to respect that decision. Consequently, formerly gay persons are reviled simply because they dare to exist! Without PFOX, ex-gays would have no voice in a hostile environment.
http://pfox.org/default.html

Here is another site that might be helpful for those having problems in this area:

For those who are concerned about homosexual acts and how they can be forgiven for them, these organizaitons might be helpful;

Old 19-05-2011, 05:02 PM
AngelBreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
AngelBreeze, thanks for the excellent link. I was horrified at the list of techniques that have been used 'to cure' homosexual feelings. They are inhuman and for what?

You're most welcome, Bluegreen! Yes, the techniques used by some to try to "cure" homosexuality are indeed raw and very cruel and unusual "punishment", imho, and have been shown not to work. It is most unfortunate that some people may feel so threatened as to engage in this sort of behavior towards others just to try to change them from what is inherent within them. It is cruel and unnatural to do so and God can not be amused by this at all.

It has always been my concern that those who espouse nothing but hate, condemnation, anger, revulsion, scorn, prejudice, discrimination, and other negative things against Gays and Lesbians cannot be living in the Positive light of Love and it is most unfortunate and we must pray for them.

"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an anti-Christ." -- II JOHN 1:7 (KJV)

"Jesus saith unto him, I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." -- JOHN 14:6 (KJV)
Old 19-05-2011, 05:08 PM
AngelBreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus

As for the link you have posted to Exodus International, if you have read what former leaders have said, why would you still try to point same-sex oriented people there one just has to wonder?

Everyone Concerned Should Consider Reading This.

http://pomomusings.com/2007/07/11/fo...inistrys-harm/

Old 19-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Time

angelbreeze - Both those sources are great, concise and unbiased IMO, and actualy go with what ive read and belive.

Thanks for the post!
Old 19-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBreeze
As for the link you have posted to Exodus International, if you have read what former leaders have said, why would you still try to point same-sex oriented people there one just has to wonder?

I have to wonder if theophilus has even read your posts AngelBreeze. I have seen you give him information several times on this Exodus International and he seems to never pay it any mind... Maybe you should pm him the information so he doesn't refer anyone else to a faulty organization.
Old 20-05-2011, 12:59 AM
arive nan

I have spent a lot of time, in my past, trying to convince people who advocate Exodus International or other ex-gay ministries of how much these groups harm people. I hope that as many people who are able to learn about this will learn about it. However some seem to never budge no matter how many facts you reveal to them about pain people go through because of these groups, and how the people in their pictures and testimonies of "success" stories later tell the world that their orientation has not changed and that they have embraced their homosexuality and that they now recognise how those organisations are harmful.

I have seen some heterosexual Christians change their minds. And the people who have been put through these programs are likely to change their minds and realize that homosexual orientation is not something that people can choose to change and not something that needs to be "overcome".... if they survive what these groups put them through. But when people strongly want to believe the lies that exodus and other groups tell the world, some will continue to believe no matter what facts you show them.
Old 20-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Time

ITs funny how homosexuality is a "problem", only because we make it one.

IF everyone just let them be, and not worry about what someone else is doing, it wouldbe a problem at all. ITs liek 9 11. Funny how there were very few andfar between terrorist attacks before 9 11. Then after when the US entered Iraq, all of a sudden theres all these bomb threats, and detonations, almost every week since. More talk of terrorist, and the like after then EVER before. Im not saying something shouldnt have been done about it, but the fact we make such a HUGE deal, is the fact were still picking up the pieces now.

The same can even be said about religion in the states. Thers protests and all the like just becasue someone tells someone else tha their beliefs are wrong. So it escalades into " burn a koran day", and protesting a little girls funeral...... If we just let people live their own lives, half of the problems were faces with wont even happen.
Old 20-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Bluegreen

I fully agree with you, Time. It is the opinion of and consequent attitude towards homosexuals by those who believe they can be cured which do the most harm.

I wonder whether those who are of the opinion that homosexuals/lesbians can be cured have ever tried to change in their minds their own sexual preferences.