Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 07-10-2017, 03:10 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
...I think compassion is part of our true nature, as parts of the divine.
I can certainly agree with this, which I think answers a very important point about the value of compassion. Why be compassionate in the first place? For those seeking to cultivate and realize their spiritual nature, that question answers itself. All primary spiritual values; Compassion, Humility, Gratitude, Understanding, etc, work in this way.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Ascender

Hello Kioma and all. referring back to post 28., and with particular reference to showing compassion.

If, and when, society, family, institutions, beliefs, take control of how we should be, how we should behave, what we should do etc. by means of enforcement which involve fear, punishment, instilling guilt, etc. for purposes which are not themselves compassionate and inclusive then it seems to me that the innate and spontaneous may become overwhelmed to the point where we may become afraid to believe in the innate, afraid of our own innocence, becoming actually afraid of what we might do or become if slipped from the bonds of the framework of such control having lost knowledge of our innate, of our own innocence.

This is not a novel thought, for I think it a central feature of earlier teachings.

petex
Old 07-10-2017, 10:16 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Which teachings? Many teachings point people to their original innocence/nature i.e. I would not lump this fear into all religions/schools of thought :)
Old 09-10-2017, 07:39 AM
Ascender

Hello blossomingtree. Thanks. I am also of that opinion. However--If, and when--as post to which you replied began. Good wishes. petex
Old 09-10-2017, 04:06 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello Kioma and all. referring back to post 28., and with particular reference to showing compassion.

If, and when, society, family, institutions, beliefs, take control of how we should be, how we should behave, what we should do etc. by means of enforcement which involve fear, punishment, instilling guilt, etc. for purposes which are not themselves compassionate and inclusive then it seems to me that the innate and spontaneous may become overwhelmed to the point where we may become afraid to believe in the innate, afraid of our own innocence, becoming actually afraid of what we might do or become if slipped from the bonds of the framework of such control having lost knowledge of our innate, of our own innocence.

This is not a novel thought, for I think it a central feature of earlier teachings.

petex

It is absolutely true that society and survival can bring overwhelming pressures that often run contrary to a spiritual perspective. But let's not forget that we come out of that order to begin with. Our innate connection with spirit is awareness itself, but our origin in this world is quite literally out of the jungle, and the law of the jungle is not kind, is not compassionate.

The spiritual journey is one of realizing the spiritual perspective out of the physical perspective. Physicality is what we are transcending from, spirituality is what we are transcending to. Yes, the potential for spiritual awareness is innate, but without a conscious decision to cultivate that awareness, how is it supposed to happen?

I think it a very romantic notion (in the original definition of 'romantic') that someone will just naturally 'become' spiritual, but my observation has been that that which is easily attained is easily lost, and it's overwhelmingly not so easy anyway.

Here is an easy test to see if you have learned everything you came here to learn: If you are still here, you haven't.

Old 09-10-2017, 09:33 PM
Ascender

Hello Kioma. Thanks for further thoughts/opinions.

For what purpose did you add the last sentence ? petex
Old 09-10-2017, 10:28 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Hello Kioma. Thanks for further thoughts/opinions.

For what purpose did you add the last sentence ? petex
I thought it appropriate to the subtopic of what is conscious and what is unconscious, what constitutes what is known and what is unknowable.

While it may be true we could have a 'spiritual' consciousness at the first moment of awareness, I can't help but think this leaves a lot to be unconscious of. Observing this, I can't also help but think this might be the point, thus my comment.

Great question.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:45 PM
Ascender

Hello Kioma--and all. In the "test" you describe/prescribe, the words "you came here to learn" seems to imply--to me--that to learn is a given predetermined purpose for being alive. Is this a correct interpretation on my part? Is that interpretation your belief ? petex
Old 11-10-2017, 02:54 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Hello Kioma--and all. In the "test" you describe/prescribe, the words "you came here to learn" seems to imply--to me--that to learn is a given predetermined purpose for being alive. Is this a correct interpretation on my part? Is that interpretation your belief ? petex
That's what people do - one hopes.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:30 PM
Ascender

Hello Kioma. I appreciate that my second question in my previous post is of a personal nature and fully understand that you may not wish to answer. I was however hoping for an answer to my first question which is a request for clarification about the meaning of what you have written since I do not wish to misinterpret or misunderstand. Thanks and good wishes. petex