Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 26-09-2018, 07:46 PM
Knower

Stone of Unreal Beauty

I don't suppose anyone on this message board owns a 'Galaxy Opal' do they? I was browsing on Youtube this weekend and a video 'thumbnail' caught my eye. It was a image of a very surreal looking gemstone which I thought at first was Merlinite Agate, then I watched the video and found out that the gemstone that was featured in the thumbnail was actually a 'Galaxy Opal'. I couldn't judge the size of the stone from the image of it in the video but I can imagine these little beauties fetch some high prices. I was going to post the link for the video on Youtube here but I'm just feeling too lazy to do that!
If anyone hasn't seen one of these stones yet, these stones got their name from their sheer appearance...
Old 27-09-2018, 12:31 AM
Master
It was sold for $1.200.000, hihi. Just above my budget, what a shame!
but must admit this type of opal is not the kind that I fancy. It is pretty, but not my thing. I love opals, but more the Green Madagascar, Oregon, Mt Shasta, sunflower, Ethiopia etc. opal type.
Old 28-09-2018, 12:17 PM
Knower

Thanks for your reply FairyCrystal. Wow! $1.200.000? That's a price tag but as I'm englcih I might not be able to accurately understand just how much that amount is in UK pounds. Is it on the Million mark or bordering it?
Also I had a look on Google at some of the Opals you mentioned and they do look fairly eye-catching. I have seen some really beautiful examples of Fire Agate on Google images and these stones are as enchanting to look at as the Galaxy Opals. I could imagine they cost a small lump sum if anyone wanted to buy one of them.
Old 28-09-2018, 01:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by etheric-imprinted_72
Thanks for your reply FairyCrystal. Wow! $1.200.000? That's a price tag but as I'm englcih I might not be able to accurately understand just how much that amount is in UK pounds. Is it on the Million mark or bordering it?
Also I had a look on Google at some of the Opals you mentioned and they do look fairly eye-catching. I have seen some really beautiful examples of Fire Agate on Google images and these stones are as enchanting to look at as the Galaxy Opals. I could imagine they cost a small lump sum if anyone wanted to buy one of them.
I'm Dutch, dollars aren't my currency either, yet I can still understand how much it is, haha. You can convert it in Google if you want to know exact figures

ORegon opal is beautiful, if you can find a good piece. It's orange with some milky opal white. The orange makes it so beautiful! Rainbows, semi-transparant, warm colour, like orange coloured liquid honey. I love it!

The green Madagascar opal has a very earthly energy. Fairies, devas, nature spirits and so on. Very playful energy, like dancing fairies :)

SUnflower opal has these wonderful colours when you turn it in light. Very feminine energy, like a goddess of pure light.

I think those are my favorites :)

I sometimes find myself drooling over boulder opal from Australia too. But the pieces that I really like cost a fair bit. Maybe one day...
Old 28-09-2018, 08:12 PM
Knower

Hello again Fairycrystal. I checked the price of the Galaxy Opal and converted the price into UK pounds and it came to a sum total of £919.98. That's way above my budget as well! But still, that stone has a truly otherworldly appearance about it so it's not wonder its called a Galaxy Opal
Old 29-09-2018, 09:34 AM
Master
Yes, $ and pounds and Euros aren't exactly 1:1 but if one is around a million the others are more or less a mill as well.
Value of a pound is always higher so exchange is always a tad lower in numbers because of that.
But all three are always in close proximity of one another.
If you want to be rich you'd prefer to have 1 million pounds :) 2nd choice would be Euros, last one US dollars.
If you or I would win US $1.000.000 we'd still not be millionaires in our own country, haha.

Kind of silly :)
Old 03-10-2018, 10:12 AM
Guide

Another Dutchie in the house. :)

I love Opal but the prices are very steep. I've been able to find some Mexican Fire Opals and Boulder Opals that were very reasonable in price.
I must say that there is a lot of superstition surrounding Opals and that that kept me away from the stone as well but lately I really love them.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:35 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylmar

I must say that there is a lot of superstition surrounding Opals and that that kept me away from the stone as well but lately I really love them.

I’ve heard it’s made up by diamonds traders :-)
Old 03-10-2018, 04:20 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errol
I’ve heard it’s made up by diamonds traders :-)

Yes I have read that story too. There are also stories that Chinese Jade traders made it up as soon as Australian opals became popular. I've also read that it was due to a Britisch novel in which the main person wore a cursed opal. It's probably a bit of all.
Then apparently the stone was very popular during Roman and medieval times. Also Queen Victoria was very fond of them and often gave them as gifts. All in all pretty interesting stuff.