Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 11-10-2018, 01:46 AM
Knower
Precognitive Dreams

Throughout my life, starting when I was about 7 years old, I have experienced Deja Vu. However, I got the terminology mixed up. What was really happening was Deja Réve, in which the person has already seen the event from a dream. Many of my Deja Vu experiences are really Deja Réve, but if you don't remember the dream, it just feels like Deja Vu. Whenever I experience Deja Vu I will quickly try to find its source by feeling the experience to see if it comes with any meaning or source. I try to discover what triggered it, and in most cases, I have found it to be Deja Réve and in all such cases, I instantly know when the dream occurred. Not all are recent and in fact, many have been from many years ago. We know our life path, we just cannot remember it in our conscious minds.

In many cases, not only do I remember the dream foretelling of the future event, I remember the dream for a number of years prior to the event foretold. These dreams seem odd or out of place when compared with regular dreams. They will stick in my mind and in many cases I will remember the dream for years and ponder them without realizing that they are premonitions or precognitive in nature. However, as the years went on I started to recognize these dreams. In a number of cases these dreams would be well in advance of the event, sometimes 40-years in advance, while others were foretelling of an event just a day or two in the future.

My premonition dreams have never been disturbing or even really important. I see them as milestones that I must pass. They are reassurance that I am on my chosen path in life. However, as I have experienced, many such dreams occur just before a major change in my life or marks an important time in my life even though the dream itself contains no information that would indicate this. It is just from experience that I discovered that the dreams foretell of an event that comes just prior to a shift in my life.

Example: Two dreams came true within days of each other, last year August. I went to a three-day meditation retreat and had a profound experience while meditating that changed my view of life. I was shown how the spiritual world connects and interacts with us all in our daily lives. The dreams I had, one 25 years prior and the other about 18 years prior showed me at the meditation center even though, at the time of the dreams, I had never been to the meditation center and, thinking back now, the center had yet to be built when I had the dreams. At the time of the dream it was meaningless but once I was at the meditation center, and experienced the Deja Réve, I realized it marked a turning point in my life. I have had many such precognitive dreams in my life so far and I remember two others that I am still waiting on.

This year I have averaged between 4 and 12 Deja Vu events per month. These are the traditional Deja Vu experiences where I have no idea where the feeling comes from because they only last about 1 second at most, which is too short to ascertain its origin. However, this is the most frequent Deja Vu I have experienced in my life so far so that must mean something.

With precognitive dreams, one has to wonder about our future experiences and our lives in general. If we can glimpse at a future event, one or two days prior, up to 40-years prior, then are our lives predetermined? It would appear so. Perhaps our reaction to the events in our lives is really what is important in life, not the events themselves. However, whatever, it makes life that much more interesting.

PastPilot
Old 11-10-2018, 03:09 AM
Guide

:)
Nice to see your story... I too have seen the future in many dreams... I have been able to astral project a couple times to time travel and have seen future events through will... I have also experienced things as a kid... as well as things that I thought would never happened....

Hmm.. i think that the visions are check points and I guess you could say that your life is predetermined but it is so because you decided it to be that way... weather you have no idea what your doing or you know what your doing...

thanks for helping me out haha.. you saved me like 40 years of waiting to get good information.. now I know that if there is a bunch of visions that come true that it is just before or around a transition..
Old 11-10-2018, 06:27 PM
Ankhesenamun

I have such dreams all the time. Sometimes they contain a surprising level of detail, at other times they are more vague, but I've had such dreams since childhood. I have also often known things that would happen before they happened.

Sometimes they are dreams warning me of something, sometimes they just show me the truth about someone - or their true intentions, sometimes it's about things that don't seem all that important but still happen later.

For example, as a child I dreamed I would live in a house surrounded by fields, and I later did for a while.

I had distressing dreams about a journey to China - I later had a very distressing journey to Pakistan (which borders China). I just wish this dream could have been more in detail as then I could have been saved from a lot of unpleasant events in Pakistan.

I dreamed in all detail about events surrounding a telepathic conversation I had with my past life husband in the Egyptian Museum in Cairo - and these events later happened like that, down to the smallest detail, and this could not have been anticipated by me because this was in 2011 and circumstances changed a lot in Egypt after the first revolution in early 2011.

I have had dreams warning me of the true characters of people, for example a former neighbor who came across as ever so nice and friendly but I dreamed that he had immoral intentions and was possessive - and years later it transpired that he this was indeed the case.

I dreamed about people who pretended to be ever so prim and proper and good, that they really wanted to harm me - and they later did.

For us empaths such occurrences are normal.

I do believe though that life is predetermined. Someone is showing us the future to show us the way. I have ignored warning dreams at my peril and have learned not to ignore them. Since I listen to them, a few tragedies have been prevented.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:08 PM
Knower
Life is free choice and agreeing to live our lives, with all the suffering, joys, and pitfalls, etc., is part of that free choice. I can understand this because of the future dreams I have experienced. It is all extremely interesting.

I read about astral traveling. What is the benefit? I bought a book on this subject but haven't read it yet. The back cover stated you can see what your friends are saying behind your back... but I hardly see this as important or a reason to astral travel. Apparently, we all do this in our sleep but I have little to no memory of doing it.

Me having to wait 40 years for one of my dreams to manifest may just be me. I am reading a book on "Dreams that come True" and it seems that many dreams come quite a bit ahead of the event but 40 years is the exception, not the rule. However, many of my dreams are 10-20 years prior to the event foretold. I find it funny because many of the people I saw in these dreams were unknown to me at the time of the dream but later became friends either just prior to the dream or were people I met at the time of the event. I think the key is not to forget such dreams -- they have a sort of signature about them that is different from other dreams I get and remember. They certainly standout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGodWarrior
Nice to see your story... I too have seen the future in many dreams... I have been able to astral project a couple times to time travel and have seen future events through will... I have also experienced things as a kid... as well as things that I thought would never happened....

Hmm.. i think that the visions are check points and I guess you could say that your life is predetermined but it is so because you decided it to be that way... whether you have no idea what your doing or you know what your doing...

thanks for helping me out haha.. you saved me like 40 years of waiting to get good information.. now I know that if there is a bunch of visions that come true that it is just before or around a transition..

PastPilot
Old 12-10-2018, 12:27 AM
Guide

Nice... I wonder about some dreams and how they work... especially when your communicating to someones higherself... I have dreams where I can smell, taste in the dream and ive had experiences of different things before ive ever had them in a dream like the taste of a blue berry pie or a mango haha... When I meditate a lot it is hard to exit a dream.... I once had a dream that lasted a whole life time... lol i dont like going to hotels haha.. i never know what im going to run into..

Astral travel is amazing.. you may have to check out what kind of book or who is writing the book because you dont want to be learning from someone who doesnt really know what they are doing or that they do dark magic..

but Astral travel is cool.. its a lot to learn about to understand it.. but its essentially using your emotionally body to travel and its just like your actual body just weightless.. it would be used to travel... time travel.

I think the most beneficial part about it is that you can travel to different vibrations and communicate to your guardians... they will help with your spiritual growth.. you could also see other planets and etc and different races of beings and talk and learn... beats spying on your friends haha
Old 12-10-2018, 02:28 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPilot
With precognitive dreams, one has to wonder about our future experiences and our lives in general. If we can glimpse at a future event, one or two days prior, up to 40-years prior, then are our lives predetermined? It would appear so. Perhaps our reaction to the events in our lives is really what is important in life, not the events themselves. However, whatever, it makes life that much more interesting.

I do admire your outlook on this gift as well as how you are accepting it and taking it in. I truly wish I could do that myself.
I have had this happen to me quite a few times now but I struggle because I feel at times it is like a two edged sword because there are some things that I see that I truly don't want to happen and I feel afraid to even discuss them with my best friend who is extremely spiritual and whom I usually share most experiences with because to do this I feel is like putting it out to the universe and I do not wish to manifest anything negative. So if any event comes to pass I want it to be only because of the precognition and not my sharing it. This is where I have been at cross roads. I have had good things as well that have come to pass but I worry because I have viewed or dreamt at times other events that may not be desired.
Old 13-10-2018, 09:45 AM
Knower
I Am Lucky

I am lucky in one key sense, virtually all of my future dream events have not been warnings. I do not see anything that is shocking, distasteful, or terrifying. I am sure my outlook would be quite different if my future dreams depicted death and destruction especially if it foretold of harm coming to family and/or friends. With the exception of one future dream, the future I have seen has been uneventful, more like mileposts showing me I am online with my life path. The one dream that was a warning just showed me that I would run into the guy who was dating my ex-girlfriend. That is twice I have been warned about a future event, but only one was in a dream. That is about as terrifying as it has been so far.

I count myself lucky. I am reading a book about dreams that come true and in many cases, people saw their own deaths and/or the deaths of loved ones. Those are terrifying glimpses of the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit bird
I do admire your outlook on this gift as well as how you are accepting it and taking it in. I truly wish I could do that myself.
I have had this happen to me quite a few times now but I struggle because I feel at times it is like a two edged sword because there are some things that I see that I truly don't want to happen and I feel afraid to even discuss them with my best friend who is extremely spiritual and whom I usually share most experiences with because to do this I feel is like putting it out to the universe and I do not wish to manifest anything negative. So if any event comes to pass I want it to be only because of the precognition and not my sharing it. This is where I have been at cross roads. I have had good things as well that have come to pass but I worry because I have viewed or dreamt at times other events that may not be desired.

PastPilot
Old 17-10-2018, 01:57 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPilot
I am lucky in one key sense, virtually all of my future dream events have not been warnings. I do not see anything that is shocking, distasteful, or terrifying. I am sure my outlook would be quite different if my future dreams depicted death and destruction especially if it foretold of harm coming to family and/or friends. With the exception of one future dream, the future I have seen has been uneventful, more like mileposts showing me I am online with my life path. The one dream that was a warning just showed me that I would run into the guy who was dating my ex-girlfriend. That is twice I have been warned about a future event, but only one was in a dream. That is about as terrifying as it has been so far.

I count myself lucky. I am reading a book about dreams that come true and in many cases, people saw their own deaths and/or the deaths of loved ones. Those are terrifying glimpses of the future.

You are very lucky then PastPilot. I am hoping that someday this will wind up being the case for me. I know there is a lot of enlightened beings that are with me and I hope with their help I can keep moving in my ascension and growth. Maybe then the dreams will all be consistent and different. I usually don't remember my dreams because I've been told it's the manner in which I dream in, but on occasions I do. By the way....I like your avatar. Is that a random pic or you? I take it you were a pilot at one time? If so, You should be use to traveling...just a different means of transport now is all. Lol!
Old 23-10-2018, 03:42 AM
Knower
I was a pilot in the Second World War. I flew B-17s in 1944. I have had memories and dreams of the training and the fighting, and unfortunately, of my death from 20,000 feet.

While I do not have unpleasant dreams of future events, I do have several unpleasant memories of past lives. I don't count my death in those events to be unpleasant because in most cases they were quick. In one life I was on the winning side of an important event in history that changed the world. I saw what the victors did to the losers. It changed my perspective on life then and it still does today. Still, it was done for the experience.

I don't usually remember my dreams but I went away to a 10-day meditation retreat where we meditated for 10 hours a day for the 10 days. By day three I suddenly could remember my dreams and quite vividly. It was how I used to dream as a child and oddly, in one dream, I went back to a place where I used to dream about when I was a child. I suspect we always dream, each and every night, but mask the memories of those dreams upon waking. Meditating helps remove that mask but unless you continue to meditate, I found within 7 days my dreams start to fade away again.

One note on flying: In my present life, I will always look up whenever I hear a plane flying overhead. Its as if I have no choice on the matter. Several people have noticed that I do this. Its something I have done since I was a child. This is a residual left over from being a pilot in 1943-44.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit bird
You are very lucky then PastPilot. I am hoping that someday this will wind up being the case for me. I know there is a lot of enlightened beings that are with me and I hope with their help I can keep moving in my ascension and growth. Maybe then the dreams will all be consistent and different. I usually don't remember my dreams because I've been told it's the manner in which I dream in, but on occasions I do. By the way....I like your avatar. Is that a random pic or you? I take it you were a pilot at one time? If so, You should be use to traveling...just a different means of transport now is all. Lol!

PastPilot

Last edited by PastPilot : 23-10-2018 at 05:37 AM.
Old 16-03-2021, 05:24 PM
Deactivated Account
I've experienced precognitive dreams that have come true and have had the same sort of thoughts. One of the more 'trippy' experiences was when the dream 'manifested' itself in reality only a few days after having the dream. So the dream was still fresh in my mind when it 'unfolded' in reality. Other times, the dreams happen, but then it will be years before I experience what I have had a dream about. Then it just 'feels weird'...like, 'Oh...where have I seen/experienced this before?' and I think about it for a moment, until I realize I saw/experienced it in a dream...then things start feeling loopy again.

There is something to the precognitive experience that I have wondered about, and I don't know if, or how many others experience it. What it is, is that I've wondered about my tapping into the 'collective future' to make decisions in the present. One example of this is with regards to a friend of mine. One time we were at a WWII living history event and I had this odd feeling like someone died - and even said aloud as much. She felt it, and even a fellow living historian who was in uniform (as we were as well) felt it. This bizarre nagging feeling never left me.

Then when she and I were on the tarmac, just yards from each other, we could not see each other. It was a very strange experience.

After we get home, and some time has passed (weeks, months or so), I decided that, for whatever reason, I'm getting rid of my futon, because I 'knew' I would never see this friend again. This happened in 2011. So, I get rid of it only to find out that she passed away not too long afterwards (early 2012). I then moved from the apartment in October 2014 to where I am now.

So, a part of me wonders about being able to 'tap into' some sort of 'current' to be able to intuit information from, and then make decisions in the present based upon that. It's an ability that I've had for a long time, and at times...or most times...I tend to feel a sort of 'anxiety' from it, because I'm making decisions that, to outsiders, don't seem 'logical'. So my behavior can come off as 'strange' to people who are unable to perceive this 'current' that I tap into.