Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 25-09-2015, 11:24 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Being
the mental health system/psychiatry is a direct reflection of general society & it's overall advancement & civility.

yea. seems that way to me also.
Old 25-09-2015, 11:31 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Pretty interesting video which slightly obscure in meaning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruvWiXowiZ8

On how lucky you are....good perspective.
Old 30-09-2015, 09:56 PM
Ascender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PtSIJwXhqY
Old 30-09-2015, 11:41 PM
Master
Hey Gem great utube , I remember when I thought I was Jesus ,I think that ones pretty common, I dont know that its how lucky you are though cause for me its about creativity and knowledge ,noticing when you in the swing of bi polar and its peaks and the conditions that create that, Yes and the coolness and guidance of Jesus ,He enjoyed the greatest mind condition driven by love and taught in riddles to bring peace to other minds that were prepared to unravel his secrets .For me also loving God with all my Heart Mind and Soul is part of me staying sane and functional because in my mind it is a requirement that The Lord be Thanked and Praised and bowed down to for creation and this experience then which He returns all many of sanity ,love and creativity.........and fun.....:)
Old 06-10-2015, 09:29 AM
Ascender

"Sanity in the atmosphere strikes an insane mind as being odd
and uncomfortable. The strangeness forces it to try to switch
the atmosphere over to its own insane nature. But since this
is impossible, the insane mind turns hateful toward the sanity
and also, of course, falls into self-torment."

A Treasury of Trueness, # 955
Old 08-10-2015, 06:45 AM
Ascender

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-244X/15/237

Conclusions

During the last decades, research on the etiology of psychosis has predominantly focused on various biological factors. The high level of childhood trauma and insecure avoidant attachment in patients with chronic psychosis as well as their association with symptoms and coping abilities lend support to the investigation of psychological and environmental variables in future research on this condition. Among other, the relationship, in particular in terms of causality, between symptoms and attachment categories represents a major issue, due to the obvious clinical implications it entails. Indeed, the present cross sectional research, but also other research involving follow-up [8] cannot disentangle this problem of causality. This warrants further research on the pathways leading both to psychosis and adult attachment insecurity. That should foster clinicians to shift from a fixed, fatalist stance, for example when facing negative symptoms in the field of relationships with significant others, to a view more concerned with an attachment related stance. That would allow clinicians to place attachment in the core of their psychosocial intervention, instead of reducing patients experience to fixed, biological impairments. Another issue important for clinicians is that patients with unstable attachment may need increased attention and specific interventions in current rehabilitation settings. Approaches involving this domain (e.g. those fostering mentalizing capacities) may be useful in this perspective.

Other studies showed that patients with chronic psychosis can use spirituality as a positive resource for coping (e.g. [17]). In this research, one of the underlying dimensions of the attachment theory which supports these previous data has been highlighted. In particular, it appears that some processes involved in spiritual coping might induce deep psychological changes. At the same time, spiritual beliefs and practices may constitute a privileged window through which to examine IWMs and their transformations.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:33 AM
Master
Hooray....:) For me having a spiritual world saves me , I feel less zombie, the manic is the hardest cause you think your doing right but there hasnt been enough insight and afterwards with careful compassion and for me asking for guidance I learn how to be calmer and more productive.Trauma essentially causes the mind to contract and to become ever more self obsessed and thats where Jesus also helps me out as he teaches to love God first ,then others ,then yourself , for me that helps me to move away from my stuff and practice love which sure enough returns, as with duality always there are times when self care must come first though and realizing this is an important discernment so as also not to be enabling others and allowing them self responsibility.
Old 18-10-2015, 07:28 AM
Ascender

You are perfect just as you are, already a Buddha, merely asleep. The rest is entirely a journey of awakening and self discovery.

- Osho -
Old 20-10-2015, 11:38 AM
Ascender

More than two million people in the United States have a diagnosis of schizophrenia, and the treatment for most of them mainly involves strong doses of antipsychotic drugs that blunt hallucinations and delusions but can come with unbearable side effects, like severe weight gain or debilitating tremors.

Now, results of a landmark government-funded study call that approach into question. The findings, from by far the most rigorous trial to date conducted in the United States, concluded that schizophrenia patients who received smaller doses of antipsychotic medication and a bigger emphasis on one-on-one talk therapy and family support made greater strides in recovery over the first two years of treatment than patients who got the usual drug-focused care.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/20/he...enia.html?_r=0

“I have now, after long practical experience, come to hold the view that the psychogenic causation of the disease is more probable than the toxic [physico-chemical] causation. There are a number of mild and ephemeral but manifestly schizophrenic illnesses - quite apart from the even more common latent psychoses - which begin purely psychogenically, run an equally psychological course (aside from certain presumably toxic nuances) and can be completely cured by a purely psychotherapeutic procedure. I have seen this even in severe cases”.

- Carl Jung
Old 20-10-2015, 08:56 PM
Master
Interesting also 75% of people in jail in the USA ,have salicylate intolerance ,I have it so bad I live off ten foods even the smell of some foods can trigger anger depression and sadness ,,Its a bugger cause its all healthy stuff ,my diet is poor nutritionally , but the physical and mental pain a so called healthy diet gives me is not viable and so life goes on and I do the best I can.