Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 10-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Experiencer

There's a billion ways to explains why people do what people do, to me it remains sure that we do what we do. Not everything we do has a reason, which is why "I don't know" is a common explanation for me.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
That's your right to see other's beliefs as destructive, but that's kinda how all this religious fighting and war works too. i don't think we'll ever change that, but I think alot of people choose to believe in tolerance and probably helps the world not go into total chaos.

There are destructive belief systems, and it's not like I just see it that way. Destructive relates to harm, and it's obvious that people harm themselves and others and the environment due to beliefs that they hold. That would be fine except people are good at shirking onus through blame and denial, so they don't learn, and to live in learn is to change your beliefs.

That reflects on the thread about delusions of choice. Like to live and learn means we are conditioned by the past, but the past is ever expanding, and on the other hand, to live without learning is to dogmatically insist a belief is true no matter how disparaged it is from the experience of life.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capacity
If you look at the human body as a part of the world, you will see the chemical reactions and electrical impulses going on inside to keep it balanced or homeostatic. You will see that those chemical reactions and electrical impulses need a catalyst, a reason to do what their DNA is programmed to do. That catalyst can be bacteria invasion, the sunlight, herbs or vitamins. It also can be intent, will and even faith as they all have profound effects on the body.
My point is the world doesn't just change by itself. We are the world and we affect change.

On a side note it doesn't matter if Jesus is real or that we created him. Life is a story and it is the stories that we are in control of that create more stories, hopefully in an evolving way that keeps life in balance.

It does matter to some people. Atheists and Christians, especially.

Seeing is believing (and vice verca?).

There is no way of making the world static. It changes no matter what. We are part of the world so we affect change, and are also affected, but change does not occur according to intention in terms of what a person desires. Intention is a fundamental driver of attention, and the nature of a persons intent will determine what nature of thought they attend to.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It does matter to some people. Atheists and Christians, especially.

Seeing is believing (and vice verca?).

There is no way of making the world static. It changes no matter what. We are part of the world so we affect change, and are also affected, but change does not occur according to intention in terms of what a person desires. Intention is a fundamental driver of attention, and the nature of a persons intent will determine what nature of thought they attend to.
I have to disagree and simply because I've experienced the affects of intention outside of myself....and had a witness.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Master
Quote:
I have to disagree and simply because I've experienced the affects of intention outside of myself....and had a witness.

Intention outside yourself?
Old 11-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Intention outside yourself?
No I witnessed with my eyes as did my wife, intention manifest outside myself.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:34 AM
Master
Quote:
No I witnessed with my eyes as did my wife, intention manifest outside myself.

I don't have a clue what you mean.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I don't have a clue what you mean.
A previous comment by Capacity on this thread might shed some light:
Quote:
No I'm saying they [religious and spiritual people] are both studying what they have heard or read is truth rather than coming to the table empty. There's nothing wrong with that but both are the same.
When I am being or present, I am empty of all truths read about, heard if or even realized.