Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 19-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Ascender

I want to plant a garden this spring

And try to attract faeries. Any tips?
Old 19-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Experiencer
go for things that attract wildlife too
buddlejas are good even if u dont get faerys ul get butterflies nastertiums are good but general rule just go for what ud be attracted to
Old 19-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Ascender

When should I start planting? Oh and if it helps any I live in the suburbs of Chicago.
Old 20-02-2011, 01:55 AM
Time

Most faires are attracted to trees. Theres a few plants that apperantly attract tham, but they are generaly herbs, and wild plants in the UK. Faries are a celtic myth, but generaly every area has their types of nature spirits. The best thing to do is to plant a good garden, like you say.

You may want to read a few books. Theres a bit to know, and im sure people at your local garden center can help. Theres thousands of plants to get, and many things to know before taking the first step.

Old 20-02-2011, 03:49 PM
star-child

I want to also create a nice garden this spring
You could try Feng Shui for your garden to create a nice welcoming energy?
Old 20-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Animus27

Nature spirits like anything that is balanced and respectful to the land. Go for things that attract wildlife, like onlyme2 said. And go for natives as well, since they help restore the "older" energy of the land. There should be some good online sources that can give you lists of native IL plants. Same goes for planting dates and times.

Good luck!
Old 20-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Experiencer
i am the kinda guy that would jump in and just start if you know what amount of light you have in different areas you cant go far wrong and there are soil testing kits to find out what will grow well there too but now in england is a great time to start planting so just dive streight in and have fun if theres no frost on the ground and things have bud on them its a good time to start planting anywhere
Old 29-03-2011, 12:36 AM
Boldylocks

I would definitely incorporate native plants in your garden- that WILL attract the FAE. Milkweed is one such plant that grows all over the United States in various forms- and if you want to attract the Fae, you will want to attract pollinating insects. Monarch butterflies lay thier butterfly larvea on milkweed of all varieties, and Monarch populations have been diminishing these past few years because of increased land development and farmers plowing away thier milkweed. The monarch butterfly larvea is one of the most attractive larvea you'll see- with cute black, yellow and white licorice stripes all over them and they will spin their cocoons on the milkweed too.

When the butterflies are around, the Faery hang out nearby-- so you will want to add things like Native Milkweed, butterfly weed, and a nice Butterfly bush that attracts not only monarchs, but also those beautiful yellow and black butterflies too.

Dont pull out any wildflower that will pop up in your garden because chances are the Faery arranged for it to pop up there-- testing you to see if you really mean business with them and want your garden to be a little haven for neglected flowers or not. Actually, all the wildlflowers people dismiss as "weeds" are really plants that all pollinating insects will favor over your other flowers so incorporate them into your garden with the more showy flowers.

Purple Cosmos works well with daisies and Queen Anne's Lace , As long as you mow the grass along the border of the garden and add some cottagy chic garden enhancements, your neighbors won't complain.

I would put up some sort of trellis, or support to encourage morning glories to climb up it-- you can start morning glories by seed and the Fae love them too. My favorites are the cornflower blue morning glories.

Faeries will also be attracted to your garden if you add a birdbath and keep it full of fresh water weekly. Also a little bird house and birdfeeder as well as a butterfly box for the butterflies to nestle in if they need refuge.

Things like that will look attractive and show the Fae that as a human, you actually do care for Nature as they do-- They like to see a human care for a change-- when they are constantly seeing people tossing out garbage out of thier car windows, and hunting wild game all the time.

One other thing- after you make your garden- Out loud invite any Faery that loves plants and flowers to feel at home in that garden and tell them you made it for them to find solace from the hectic pace of the suburbs. You may also want to add a little clay dish or something to set out a snack for them as well. Make a little pathway and mini patio in the garden with mini slate stones and add some miniature outdoor furniture as well. Next Fall bring the furniture inside to keep it safe from Snow as you would your human outdoor furniture.
Old 29-03-2011, 01:26 AM
iolite

What kind of flowers, do you like? Plant ones that give you pleasure and peace. Personally, my favorite flowers are violets, pansies and irises. My daughter loves petunias, tulips and zennias (her cat Bounder likes zennias too, so we have to plant enough to survive being munched on). Fushias are lovely too. They like the shade and have a fairyland quality to them.

Old 29-03-2011, 02:58 AM
Experiencer
Location: Adelaide, Australia - but born and bred in Ireland:)
My faery garden is a mixture of native, wildlife attracting plants and herbs. I also like using scented plants - lots of lavender, wormwood, jasmine etc. A water feature is also a nice feature to add - I have a little fish pond, made from a large plant pot.

Also, keep it organic. If you allow a natural eco system to establish, you won't need pesticides and the more natural your garden, the more likely the fae will visit.