Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 09-06-2014, 10:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemcrusader
Its hypothetical And its not even that unrealistic. Ill explain later. But only if enough are interested.
I'll look forward to that but for now I'll take the $4,000
Old 10-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Guide

Well, not much interest. I guess everybody else is too scared So kudo's for you guys.

I recently came to some insights regarding gifts. Which can probably be applied to every scale including government "help".
So what is this i realized. That a gift that the heart cannot embrace takes away personal power.
A true gift is a true gift... And that a gift that is not a true gift is actually poison. And that if u are comfortable with those kinda gifts u are used to being poisoned.
Because those kinda gifts do not support your independancy. It does not move you forward. It implies dependancy and create attachments.
Ever heard of the saying that giving is actually receiving.
That is true.
Giving is receiving. The bigger the gift. The more `energy` (in whatever the giver wants) the giver receives.
A modest gift from the heart like the aunt in the example, whether its worth $5, $20 or even 20 cent, as long as its not more then a modest amount, works different.
A gift from the heart does take from either side. It gives without taking. It gives with giving. Not taking. And it is received with giving without losing.
The energies combine in a positive way and create support for eachother.

Nobody likes to pay taxes, right. So why would anybody willingly "donate". Because usually there is something in it for the donater. How do i know? Because i turned down the 4k The mother gift was fake. But i received a little chocolate with a little card from an aunt not so long ago, which im not that close to but whatever, and i got a way better feelin from it then if i would v taken the 4k plus. Actually 6k. I was told upfront i would get it. WHy? Mayb i would v took it if i was not told upfront. I dont know, often thats how it goes with big gifts. Daddy;s girl allready knows she is gonna get a car. And if not she's dissapointed. Actually she should be happy.

Also there is a difference between a gift and a present. A gift can be presented as present and vice versa. In present lies the word present. In gift lies the word gif, in dutch it means poison. A present is centered in the here and now and helps u forward. A gift is not. Now there are times when gifts are welcome, but know it comes with a price.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Well, not much interest. I guess everybody else is too scared So kudo's for you guys.

I recently came to some insights regarding gifts. Which can probably be applied to every scale including government "help".
So what is this i realized. That a gift that the heart cannot embrace takes away personal power.
A true gift is a true gift... And that a gift that is not a true gift is actually poison. And that if u are comfortable with those kinda gifts u are used to being poisoned.
Because those kinda gifts do not support your independancy. It does not move you forward. It implies dependancy and create attachments.
That is true.
Giving is receiving. The bigger the gift. The more `energy` (in whatever the giver wants) the giver receives.
A modest gift from the heart like the aunt in the example, whether its worth $5, $20 or even 20 cent, as long as its not more then a modest amount, works different.
A gift from the heart does take from either side. It gives without taking. It gives with giving. Not taking. And it is received with giving without losing.

Nobody likes to pay taxes, right. So why would anybody willingly "donate". Because usually there is something in it for the donater. How do i know? Because i turned down the 4k The mother gift was fake. But i received a little chocolate with a little card from an aunt not so long ago, which im not that close to but whatever, and i got a way better feelin from it then if i would v taken the 4k plus. Actually 6k. I was told upfront i would get it. WHy? Mayb i would v took it if i was not told upfront. I dont know, often thats how it goes with big gifts. Daddy;s girl allready knows she is gonna get a car. And if not she's dissapointed. Actually she should be happy.

Also there is a difference between a gift and a present. A gift can be presented as present and vice versa. In present lies the word present. In gift lies the word gif, in dutch it means poison. A present is centered in the here and now and helps u forward. A gift is not. Now there are times when gifts are welcome, but know it comes with a price.
That's all well and good but you must know that what you realized is personal to you. Everyone receives differently. If you feel like it robs you of power and you take it then I probably will.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:27 AM
exaft

Quote:

That is true.

I chose ... poorly.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:58 AM
Seeker

I agree with you Gemcrusador, there is definitely a difference between a gift and present, or better said the intention to give something away.

Sometimes people give things to others but have the intention to bind that person to themselves. It is like the debacle some kids have, I have a PS3 and my best friend likes that so much, that he plays everyday at my house. When he has a own PS3 he propably won't come that often anymore, so my advice is negative for him to buy a PS3.

The receiver, well, what you experienced is personal, most people who are corrupt to their core don't realize they are, so what they receive they see as good. It is like giving a murderer a gun, then he is happy. Give a gun to a father, he will be sad and frustrated!

Sorry for the childish analogies! Just wanted to show my support (:
Old 11-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capacity
That's all well and good but you must know that what you realized is personal to you. Everyone receives differently. If you feel like it robs you of power and you take it then I probably will.

That mayb so. But there is allways an intention behind a gift. A present in its true meaning can never be toxic imo.
And i meant that a present from heart takes from both sides, but without losing anything, the opposite happens.
I also said in the question that u are financially stable. So what purpose would another 4k bring? What does that create between giver and receiver? As i see it, it undermines ur independancy and own direction. I am comfortable with only what i need. I think money gives the illusion of freedom.

I would v chosen the 4k a couple years ago as well probably. But i decided to go against temptation. Now i feel richer then ever

Tx prevail. I think ur mostly right. But its much more fun to play together so i doubt that. Dont bother about childish :) its often more clear then addultish chatter.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:34 AM
Master
Quote:
That a gift that the heart cannot embrace takes away personal power.
Good try and all with the experiment. Myself, I don't resonate with spiritual theories having to do with poisoning, or loss of soul power, or sin, or bad karma, or dark energy, or what have you. IMO, the poison is the mental belief we construct and cement in our minds about these things, which we then carry with us and becomes the lens through which we view ourselves and the world.

Auntie's gift is sweet. Daddy's gift is practical. If I need to cover the mortgage, I'll take practical over sweet this month. Next month, I may be in a position to afford sweet. If someone is giving me the gift, there's nothing I need to concern myself with. The motivation for that gift is THEIR concern and karma or what have you. I'm just the happy recipient.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Guide

Quote:
IMO, the poison is the mental belief we construct and cement in our minds about these things

yes, that is exactly correct.
And usually under that believe lies the truth.

Quote:
The motivation for that gift is THEIR concern and karma or what have you

That is correct again. And its ur choice to participate in it or not.

Quote:
Daddy's gift is practical. If I need to cover the mortgage, I'll take practical over sweet this month.

So who's house is it then? A piece of it is going to belong to ur father. But since that piece belongs to the house ur father will be with u 24/7 as long as u are in that house. Not a bad deal for only 4k.
And usually that is exactly what the giver wants i think. Control.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Master
Quote:
So who's house is it then? A piece of it is going to belong to ur father. But since that piece belongs to the house ur father will be with u 24/7 as long as u are in that house. Not a bad deal for only 4k.
And usually that is exactly what the giver wants i think. Control.
I thought this was a gift. No strings attached if it's a gift. I understand your perspective if the money is borrowed. But it's a gift.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:16 PM
Guide

Thats the whole point im trying to make. That a gift usually comes with certain attachments. Like in an email :p. U dont see them immediatly. With an email u think, he i got mail. But only after u opened it (received the gift) u see there is an attachment.
But anyway, justed wanted to share this view. Not gonna argue over it.