Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 03-06-2014, 07:40 PM
Tracy Turner

Not since understanding that the reality is imagination itself.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:09 AM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Curse of the internet and access to too much information in many ways.

It certainly can make you compare your life to others and make you wonder why you can't be "normal".
Old 04-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamercan
I miss my imagination and its not a day that goes by I don't think about them and its hard for me to get it back

Where's it gone? Seriously?

Old 04-06-2014, 12:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Where's it gone?

Joe DiMaggio...

Old 04-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Master
Which reminds me: Heaven holds a place for those who laugh and sing and love life, dreamercan.
That's the soul nutrition that feeds and fuels the imagination.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:20 PM
Master
It may be that my own departing from imagination may be different but it may be that this highlights the way imagination, and it's uses, evolves within all of us. Long story short but I'd always been that imaginative kid and always drew pictures as well then went into reading so while the imagination might have become a monster it became a finely honed tool which I rode with all the energy I could muster.
It may have even reached it's ultimate with visualisation within meditation but then the meditative practise took precedence and the imagination fell away.

And I think it's because that imagination is too an almost mindless chatter of the brain but because it's less prevalent than actual word type thinking it tends to hold a more esteemed position and isn't really seen in the light of more conventional thinking. But it is still thinking. This isn't though an argument for or against thinking so please don't see it as a position I'm taking to defend the wonderousness of having an imagination that allows us full utilisation of our activity in the world.

For me it has dropped away... as has visualisation and all other spatial reckoning, all elements of conventional mind orientation has dropped away as I've encountered more and more quietness, stillness and all that other non-stuff... as it were.

Knowing comes in it's place as if what ever will be always has been, always will be so what use is making it otherwise... it already is and time, or distance between a non reality and reality within time isn't really there anymore to be prodded into shape with the tools of the mind.

But I'm no expert at all but I have noticed the imaginative process being almost gone and have felt a certain reserve, or lack, in it's rustiness and kind of dis-regard and in that what comes to take it's place hasn't just appeared like a new toy to be played with and rough=housed into subservience... this new thing, this new appearance, is all the more subtle and ephemeral in any controls we might apply.