Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 02-01-2016, 10:06 PM
Belle Belle is offline
Master
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 8,589
 
I love the rain but not in this quantity.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-01-2016, 04:18 AM
Deepsoul Deepsoul is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Sunny Australia
Posts: 2,313
  Deepsoul's Avatar
That sounds like you Knighto always finding a flower in the rain...
__________________
I AM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-01-2016, 11:55 PM
Tobi Tobi is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,610
  Tobi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Lots of rain here, but so mild ... Many wild primroses, ragged robin and celandine in bloom!

Yes I have noticed that too Knight. Periwinkle is also flowering....and I saw Snowdrops before Christmas, and a couple of Daffodils the other day! (Unheard of.) Meanwhile a beautiful rose bloomed just in time for the winter Solstice/Christmas and New Year. A rose that usually wouldn't flower beyond August!

We had gallons of rain this morning. The lane was like a river.

I heard that the North Pole went 4 degrees ABOVE freezing recently!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 05-01-2016, 12:52 AM
Eisleigh Eisleigh is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 32
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
There are even some who deny the existence of Global Warming and Climate Change.

Yup. It is those in their many I frequently am exposed to every day.
'Bah' they say....''Tis all a load of hype' they spout.....
No actually it's real, it's happening before our eyes.
The 'closed off' count for a large percentage of the 'able to help change' population yet will not.
Try educating a lot of sectors/the general public regarding an issue such as Shark finning....they wont open their ears. It seriously is like talking to a brick wall. They have their minds set fullstop.....Their own bubble.....how DARE you infringe on what they perceive to be correct.
No amount of paraphernalia or passion driven speaks will ever open their minds :-(
.....Oh so lets just wait until it's far too late then shall we.....I really don't wish it to come to the 'told you so' kind of conversation....I'd much rather do the 'How can we prevent this' thing but YOU know best....

Too many have battened down the hatches.
We are on the brink of options possibly able to be put in place to save the earth. Too little are willing to peek over their mod cons. Too few really care beyond the next century.

Whoops, got carried away there with the input...aw do give me a pat on the head & send me on my way! Ta then x
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-01-2016, 04:16 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 10,185
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisleigh
Yup. It is those in their many I frequently am exposed to every day.
'Bah' they say....''Tis all a load of hype' they spout.....
No actually it's real, it's happening before our eyes.
The 'closed off' count for a large percentage of the 'able to help change' population yet will not.
Try educating a lot of sectors/the general public regarding an issue such as Shark finning....they wont open their ears. It seriously is like talking to a brick wall. They have their minds set fullstop.....Their own bubble.....how DARE you infringe on what they perceive to be correct.
No amount of paraphernalia or passion driven speaks will ever open their minds :-(
.....Oh so lets just wait until it's far too late then shall we.....I really don't wish it to come to the 'told you so' kind of conversation....I'd much rather do the 'How can we prevent this' thing but YOU know best....

Too many have battened down the hatches.
We are on the brink of options possibly able to be put in place to save the earth. Too little are willing to peek over their mod cons. Too few really care beyond the next century.

Whoops, got carried away there with the input...aw do give me a pat on the head & send me on my way! Ta then x
I wish this forum had a 'like button'.

There are those who still believe the Earth is flat and the sun revolves around us too.

I cannot understand what psychological concept is involved that makes some people selectively blind to things occurring before their very eyes, or deaf to things they can plainly hear, simply because they don't want to hear it, so they cannot hear it (maybe moreso than those who want to hear it, so they 'can').

This was also the end result of all my research into EVP phenomenon and spirit photography too...curious that. lol
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-01-2016, 04:27 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 10,185
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Darn it though, bad weather has stopped play on Day 4 of the Third Test of the Cricket, after it was also washed out yesterday. Sydney is under water...I feel like a duck...and I miss watching my Cricket...
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-01-2016, 12:24 AM
Tobi Tobi is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,610
  Tobi's Avatar
I am beginning to feel like a duck too! We have had enough rain to keep quite a few ducks happy!
It's a shame when it gets to the Cricket though. My husband used to hate it when 'rain stopped play'.

Tonight here, after the most beautiful cloudless blue sky this morning....raging gales and pouring rain again tonight!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-01-2016, 09:50 PM
Eisleigh Eisleigh is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 32
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I wish this forum had a 'like button'.
Aww. Comments like that help keep me on track & halfway heading towards the same destination.
Knowing others are on the same train ;-) - thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I cannot understand what psychological concept is involved that makes some people selectively blind to things occurring before their very eyes, or deaf to things they can plainly hear, simply because they don't want to hear it, so they cannot hear it (maybe moreso than those who want to hear it, so they 'can').

I think in some ways you answered your own pore.
Though why they are not openly receptive may always remain a mystery within the cloud of conformity?
Mind over matter?
Nurture over nature?
With such a negative hold though :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
This was also the end result of all my research into EVP phenomenon and spirit photography too...curious that. lol

Cripes, I haven't hardly even dabbled in that side further than watching The Poltergeist film!
End result as in 'hey, may as well be sharing what I've learned with the bog-roll holder' or come to the end of YOUR learning in that particular field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Darn it though, bad weather has stopped play on Day 4 of the Third Test of the Cricket, after it was also washed out yesterday. Sydney is under water...I feel like a duck...and I miss watching my Cricket...

Dash it, darn it & blast! :-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I am beginning to feel like a duck too! We have had enough rain to keep quite a few ducks happy!
It's a shame when it gets to the Cricket though. My husband used to hate it when 'rain stopped play'.

Tonight here, after the most beautiful cloudless blue sky this morning....raging gales and pouring rain again tonight!

My daughter is over from Oz ATM & she has been most dismayed & shocked at how much rain we relentlessly put up with without a shrimp barbie fight :-D
Yup, we do this 'cos we like to provide for our otherwise homeless happy-now ducks :-P :-) x
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-01-2016, 12:58 AM
Tobi Tobi is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,610
  Tobi's Avatar
...And still it rains.....un-be-freaking-lievable! Walking in fields is hard work. Water-skis would do a better job.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-01-2016, 02:57 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 10,185
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Although, to appease the skeptical side of myself, today marks the 5th anniversary of the Brisbane floods, which were the second worst in history...the worst was during 1974, so this 'wild weather' isn't a new thing...we've seen it before.

What I think though, is that we are seeing more freaky weather in a shorter timeframe.

On another note, summer seems to have finally arrived in Sydney...36C today, although the sea breeze where I live is cooling that down by about 5 degrees...nice.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums