Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-11-2019, 04:25 PM
ThatMan ThatMan is offline
Guide
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 687
 
Being humble

I recently started to focus myself on being more humble, now, what I found it's beyond words, it's like I feel unconditional love for everyone and the invisible separation between me and my neighbour disappears, all people look like little children to me when I dwell in this inner state...

Have you experienced this on your path of spiritual evolution?

The funny thing is that many times I forget to be humble and my pride is creating a wall between me and my neighbour.. When this happens, I always remember myself that I have be in the "humble mode", it's quite easy to be humble and it feels so hard to be prideful..
__________________
Christ is the absolute truth.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-11-2019, 04:35 PM
green1 green1 is offline
Knower
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 110
  green1's Avatar
Being humble to me means:

This or that problem may happen to me if I don't pay attention.

This is unconditional love. I don't judge anyone. This includes Hitler, serial killers, sadists, masochists, transexuals etc. The same weaknesses might happen to me if I don't pay attention.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-11-2019, 05:11 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 7,584
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I recently started to focus myself on being more humble, now, what I found it's beyond words, it's like I feel unconditional love for everyone and the invisible separation between me and my neighbour disappears, all people look like little children to me when I dwell in this inner state...

Have you experienced this on your path of spiritual evolution?

The funny thing is that many times I forget to be humble and my pride is creating a wall between me and my neighbour.. When this happens, I always remember myself that I have be in the "humble mode", it's quite easy to be humble and it feels so hard to be prideful..




' A person who brags about being humble may have too much pride in being humble to actually be humble '
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-11-2019, 05:17 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 14,686
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Story: I prayed for humility as an idiot 20 yr old.
I felt the entire room as if a phone had been picked up and my message was received.
Next morning - oh boy, was I humbled. My life changed big time...I was
very humbled.
__________________
.,



"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.
Better to PM me if you want me to see a post to me. I miss a lot.







Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-11-2019, 05:21 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 14,686
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' A person who brags about being humble may have too much pride
in being humble to actually be humble '
Brags? That may be in the mind of the listener.
How often people (not you) can interpret something as arrogant or
prideful when it most certainly is not.
__________________
.,



"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.
Better to PM me if you want me to see a post to me. I miss a lot.







Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-11-2019, 05:39 PM
ThatMan ThatMan is offline
Guide
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 687
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Brags? That may be in the mind of the listener.
How often people (not you) can interpret something as arrogant or
prideful when it most certainly is not.

Thank you!
__________________
Christ is the absolute truth.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-11-2019, 05:43 PM
lomax lomax is offline
Master
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,005
  lomax's Avatar
I agree with sky123.
Sorry for this,and maybe it doesn't sound good the the OP,but it's true.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-11-2019, 05:46 PM
ThatMan ThatMan is offline
Guide
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 687
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Story: I prayed for humility as an idiot 20 yr old.
I felt the entire room as if a phone had been picked up and my message was received.
Next morning - oh boy, was I humbled. My life changed big time...I was
very humbled.

You always have a joyful way to talk about your experiences, that's really amazing! What happened that you were very humbled? By the way, one more question, have you ever found yourself crying and worshiping the Father of all ( God ), you know, just like that, out of nowhere?

I prayed for humility and wisdom and I did this for several years, my own pride is what humbled me because I've seen how painful it actually is to be prideful, when you are alone, you understand that you wished you could act in a different way in a certain situation... and it hurts.

When you act in a humble way, do actually feel brighter and lighter? This is how I feel and I see that people notice this at me because they became so friendly with me
__________________
Christ is the absolute truth.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-11-2019, 05:59 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 7,584
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
I agree with sky123.
Sorry for this,and maybe it doesn't sound good the the OP,but it's true.


Through my personal experiences humble people don't even know they are humble , to them it's just their true nature.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-11-2019, 06:04 PM
lomax lomax is offline
Master
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,005
  lomax's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Through my personal experiences humble people don't even know they are humble , to them it's just their true nature.
This is what i believe also.Either you got it or not.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums