Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 04-11-2019, 06:13 PM
Pathfinder

Please find me some examples I really need them
Old 04-11-2019, 08:39 PM
Master
As for Bible prophecies that have not come true, I can not think of one.

The prophecy I found most interesting was the one that name Cyrus as the one who would free the Jews'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
As for Bible prophecies that have not come true, I can not think of one.

The prophecy I found most interesting was the one that name Cyrus as the one who would free the Jews'.

Some amongst many that have not come true

Isaiah 17:1 “An oracle concerning Damascus: See, Damascus will no longer be a city but will become a heap of ruins.”
FAIL: Damascus is still inhabited today with well over a million people and there was never a time where it ceased to be a city. It is widely known as being the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world.

Isaiah 19:4-5 “I will hand the Egyptians over to the power of a cruel master, and a fierce king will rule over them, declares the Lord, the LORD Almighty. The waters of the river will dry up, and the riverbed will be parched and dry.”
FAIL: The river mentioned here is the Nile which never dried up and is still one of Egypt’s greatest natural resource.

Isaiah 52:1 “Awake, awake, O Zion, clothe yourself with strength. Put on your garments of splendor, O Jerusalem, the holy city. The uncircumcised and defiled will not enter you again.”
FAIL: There are still uncircumcised people living in Jerusalem even today.

Ezekiel 30:10-11 “This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will put an end to the hordes of Egypt by the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon. He and his army – the most ruthless of nations – will be brought in to destroy the land. They will draw their swords against Egypt and fill the land with the slain.”
FAIL: Ezekiel predicts that Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon will conquer Egypt utterly destroying it, slaying and scattering its people. In 568 BCE Nebuchadnezzar tried to conquer Egypt and Egypt survived with no apparent damage. Aahmes ruled for another generation over a prosperous Egypt and lived to see Nebuchadnezzar die. The Egyptians were not scattered or dispersed.

Ezekiel 29:10-11 “therefore I am against you and against your streams, and I will make the land of Egypt a ruin and a desolate waste from Migdol to Aswan, as far as the border of Cush. The foot of neither man nor beast will pass through it; no one will live there for forty years.”
FAIL: Never in its long history has Egypt been uninhabited for forty years.

Matthew 16:28 “I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.” 23:36 “I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation.” 24:34 “I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.”
FAIL: Jesus states in Matthew that all the signs marking the end of the world would be fulfilled before his generation ended, before the people that were standing infront of him “taste death.” Those people have been dead for over 2000 years and the world did not come to an end, neither have all those signs been fulfilled.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:57 PM
Master
sky123,
I got to give you credit for googling everything you can find what is wrong with Christianity.......

but like your view point on the Canaanites, I was able to prove 'most' people are not sympathetic with what they were doing.

As for the scriptures cited, the first one is a scripture commonly cited by people who have left Jehovah Witnesses.

NOTE: You ascertained all of this information from here https://madmikesamerica.com/2014/05/...le-prophecies/

I thought you would have done some original research.

When I will 'get around to it', I will examine and probably refute each scripture you presented.

NAMASTE

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:46 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
sky123,
I got to give you credit for googling everything you can find what is wrong with Christianity.......

but like your view point on the Canaanites, I was able to prove 'most' people are not sympathetic with what they were doing.

As for the scriptures cited, the first one is a scripture commonly cited by people who have left Jehovah Witnesses.

NOTE: You ascertained all of this information from here https://madmikesamerica.com/2014/05/...le-prophecies/

When I will 'get around to it', I will examine and probably refute each scripture you presented.

NAMASTE

If your a christian please go away
Old 05-11-2019, 12:10 AM
Master
Gone!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 05-11-2019, 06:07 AM
Master
Quote:
sky123,

NAMASTE

You can refute whatever takes your fancy
There is more to being a Christian than believing in so called phrophsies....
Old 05-11-2019, 06:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickswordfish
If your a christian please go away

Do a little research yourself RS and you will find thousands of prophecies that have not come true
Don't worry about them nor allow them to upset you....

The bible was written a long time ago when people had a very different mindset and believed in magic/mysterious things....

This verse prophesies that Damascus will be completely destroyed and no longer be inhabited. Yet Damascus has never been completely destroyed and is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities. 17:1

This verse predicts that there shall be five cities in Egypt that speak the Canaanite language. But that language was never spoken in Egypt, and it is extinct now. 19:18

Henceforth there shall no more come into thee [Jerusalem] the uncircumcised and the unclean." But many uncircumcised people have visited and occupied Jerusalem after this prophecy was made. 52:1

Nations that do not serve Israel will perish. 60:12

Jeremiah prophesies that all nations of the earth will embrace Judaism. This has not happened. 3:17

All those who move to Egypt will die by the sword, famine, or pestilence. None "shall escape from the evil" that comes directly from God. But many, including Jews, have moved to Egypt and most seem to have escaped from God's promised evil. 42:15-18, 22

Here are just a few more RS to try and help you see that you shouldn't be worried about so called phrophecies, as thousands have not come true...

Last edited by sky : 05-11-2019 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:32 PM
Pathfinder

I found this article on the damascus prophecy https://americanvision.org/9371/isai...een-fulfilled/
Old 05-11-2019, 02:57 PM
Seeker

don't fight what's true

i think what you are having a hard time accepting is that history will repeat itself and there will come a time where truth is going to be harder to deny. don't punish yourself by requiring something tangible to confirm what you know is true.