Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 03-05-2017, 09:57 AM
Ascender

Thoughts about the mission of Jesus

I think it is possible to portray the mission of Jesus in terms which are able to sit alongside the more familiar portrayal which is set within a religious context.

The purpose of exploring this possibility is not to seek to contradict the familiar portrayal nor to disrespect that portrayal in any way--rather the opposite, for the purpose is to attempt to increase understanding. An understanding which I think Jesus had of people, their behaviour and their motivations, an understanding which makes it possible to portray the mission of Jesus as a purposeful study and application of psychology.

The lifetime of Jesus was, as we know, during a period of Roman domination over the Jewish people and their own system of government. Both societies were subject to the influence and actions of ambitious factions, rivals plotting against one another, seeking and creating allegiances to further their own often personal ambitions. Ambitions which could be served by setting one interest group against another. In short--divide and rule--resulting in a society more fractured than it might otherwise be.

Jesus had the great gift of insight into how and why people behave as they do and with what consequences. I think he saw that personal ambition for power and wealth could very often be motivated by a great need for a sense of personal significance, and that within the aspirational culture of the time--as indeed in our own time--that personal significance was very often measured by the mechanism of relative measurement. That is to say by the relative measure of " more than, greater than, etc.

This relative system of measurement depended (and still depends) entirely upon the existence of differentials between persons, upon differences often contrived and falsely constructed. Furthermore, as mentioned earlier regarding "divide and rule", the difference themselves, the creating of differences, were a means to gain significance. Thus differences became simulataneously both the means and the consequence--a sort of feed back loop of perpetuation.

I think it reasonable to suggest that Jesus viewed the manipulation of differences for personal gain not only as a selfish act but as an act which gave false legitimacy to future acts of similar nature. The question then--By what means could this perpetuation be stopped?

Coercion had been tried but again entailed division. Legislation had been tried and with some success if left in peace but could not withstand being overwhelmed by force or corruption. A way was required which was not a way of coercion but was a way of choice, and needed to be a way which offered the transfer of significance between all people in a manner not depending upon relative measure.

To teach and to demonstrate such a way is how I think the mission of Jesus can be portrayed, with the process of loving being the chosen method of fulfilling that mission.

People, all people, were asked to accept that upon seeking forgiveness--that is to say, to choose to turn their backs upon behaviour not in accord with the process of loving--would find themselves loved and valued simply for being themselves, not for their wealth or position but by simply choosing to share in the process of loving by which means both the loving and loved become significant in each others eyes.

Jesus walked the walk along the way which he advocated. A way which he knew would greatly undermine the status quo of factionalism and division. He walked the walk to its conclusion--and to those of religious belief--beyond.

For those not sharing such religious belief there remains however a reality which is a potent component of the mystery of the process of loving. It is that loving is a process which is able to transcend time. Love observed as having been given then can be experienced today, can move us today, can influence our behaviour today-if we so choose.

With good wishes. petex
Old 03-05-2017, 01:31 PM
Knower

Sorry this is off topic

My thoughts about Jesus is always curious of what IQ he had.

But I liked this post too. Well written weareunity
Old 04-05-2017, 11:58 AM
Ascender

Helllo Paige Ignited. Thanks for your response! We are a curious species!
Good wishes. petex.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:32 AM
I am very interested in the mission of Jesus...it seems to me
his entire mission was a healing mission.
In every way... ...and his mission began the moment he
came out of his 40 day fast declaring the Kingdom of Heaven was at hand....
I tend to really pay attention to a man that has fasted 40 days and 40 nights in a wilderness setting!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Master
I also think as Miss Hepburn says that Jesus' main mission was healing

If you look at the entire history of Israel it was continuous never-ending cycle of victim and victimized. Violence repaid with violence. Hate repaid with hate. It seemed that they couldn't get out of the karmic loop. Empires rose, Israel became enslaved, invaded, captive, or occupied, and Israel fought back just as dirty and nasty

Moses' Law of "an eye for an eye" has value. In fact Jesus didn't really throw this out. He never says, "I've come to get rid of the Law". Karma is a reality. And if you desire to live on that reality of eye for an eye then that will be your reality. It is a law, it is real, and it can be binding. But Jesus then says, "To forgive your enemies 777 times", which really means always forgive because your worst enemy is yourself. You are the problem, not Joe Smith next door. Jesus doesn't really shove it in peoples' faces to forgive either. You see a lot of preachers come in and tell families who've had children murdered, "You must forgive!" Easy for you to say because you are not experiencing it.

If you have the will-power for your Soul Growth to forgive the ones who wronged you because your soul may have chosen that lesson, then you will do so. Some people don't have it in them to forgive and I don't think we should hold it against anyone. If they don't get it this time they will get again with another chance. Eventually all of us will experience something really terrible to overcome for our own soul evolution.

But if Jesus threw out the eye for an eye completely what would society do with external threats to civilization? I don't buy into the creed that Jesus was one hundred percent against the killing of someone. He was against murder of course but if there is a serial killer in town who is hunting for children you can rest assure than their karma is death. If they are taken alive so be it but the death penalty should only be executed in the most extreme cases. The reason is because imprisonment can be a lesson for these kinds of dark psychotic souls to be redeemed. But there are some who may not deserve that redemption and death might come to them in some form. In fact having a "Hell" experience in the after-life for a period of time will be what is suitable for them. Jeffrey Dahmer would be an example of someone like this.

This whole forgiveness, healing, love, compassion can be complicated. We do not want to become door mats. Jesus saw in his day and age the traps that were binding souls to contracts with one another, regressing the Soul Group of Israel behind.
A lot of people read the Bible in a very cynical form. They say, "Well Jerusalem was sacked, the temple was destroyed, and the Israelites scattered with million lives lost". It was a tragic thing but Christ warned that the new Age was upon them, the age of Pisces and Aries was ending. The movement which started from the Apostles was a reformed Judaism which later became known as "Christianity".

This reformed Judaism, what they called the Way was an update of the Jewish Law, the Law of Moses with the New Law of Christ. It was to be a "quickening spirit", a new consciousness that would fasten our spiritual evolution. That is why to this day that Law is very difficult to live up to. We are still dealing with forms of the Arian Age and even the Piscean Age.
Trump Administration is a gross manifestation of the Piscean Age holding on to dear life and trying to strike back. Anytime someone sees things changing too quickly several fractions of humanity try to bring everyone else down because they can not handle the transformation that is occurring.

Each Age has a light side and a dark side. The light side of Pisces is selfless service, self-sacrifice, forgiveness, charity, martyrdom. The dark side of Pisces is the union of State and Religion which was the main source of wars, famine, plagues, sexual violence, destruction in the last few centuries. If Jesus and his apostles did not do what they did 2,000 years ago we would still be in the dark or very far behind in our Collective Evolution. It was all or nothing when he incarnated since the masses of his time were condemning themselves further from the Divine

It seemed awful to many, but the Nation of Israel was warned prophetically that an end was coming to them. It wasn't an "end of the world", it was an end for their world. But it wasn't because God was angry. It was because the next step was to take place. Israel would no longer be a physical place or a physical race. Instead Israel would become a spiritual race. And all those followers and many of those disciples who followed Jesus later REINCARNATED as many of the Saints and Mystics in Christian and Catholic History. And many of the Israelites of old had reincarnated later. Israel which means "He who prevails with God". This is a consciousness that needed to be internalized.

If you look at Israel's history it is a long journey of ascension. When it came to the time of Jesus, that consciousness was no longer just a physical or 3rd dimensional awareness (which indicates a race). It became a spiritual consciousness within. Jesus expanded it and didn't call it Israel. He called it "the Kingdom of Heaven", a dimension and force-field of consciousness that we can all access because we are in fact 5th dimensional beings. Our soul resides in multiple dimensions. It is multifaceted. It is not just in one. From Abraham to Moses and to Elijah it was merely a physical awareness, and from Elijah to Jesus it was a mental awareness, and from Jesus and onward it becomes a spiritualized awareness. With the great teachers of humanity- Lao Tzu, Buddha, and Jesus the consciousness of humanity was raised to the Christ Consciousness.

The Nation of Israel did not truly die, it simply moved to a collective body we call "the Church" which exists to this day,
The Temple in Jerusalem did not truly die, it simply moved focus to within us all,
The Sacrifice to God did not truly die, it simply changed to remove harm to animals and become actual bread and wine for communion and communication.,
The People of Israel did not truly die, it simply became an inclusive group welcoming in Gentiles and outsiders

Jesus was a prophet, a messenger entity or higher being who was born as a human by the will of God to come at the arrival of Pisces and offer humanity a new road, a new route to take to change our trajectory not only for his time but for all times. A greater and better relationship with God was seen in Jesus' life all by his personality and just simply how he lived his life and ministry. He "died for our sins" means he lived and even went to death showing us how to save ourselves from our karma. He showed that if it's Love, it is Love all the way even unto death, his death being a cross, Love that bears other peoples' crosses and your own cross for the sake of personal and collective evolution. Now not all of us are capable of this because it asks a lot from us while we are living in the 3rd dimension. Jesus doesn't expect us to take up a literal cross or to become martyrs. But he did say we will need to carry our own crosses with the right attitudes. The reason God doesn't expect us to take up actual crosses is because they aren't always fair to us. God loves Life, he doesn't love death. Jesus had that mission because it was given to him, he had the foreknowledge, and awareness of where his ministry was leading. He knew why God incarnated him on Earth, and at 30 he had a choice to either take up the role of the Christ or not to. He obviously accepted his destiny and his Baptism was the start of his enlightenment and ministry. Jesus wasn't a 5th dimensional soul which is what we are. We come to the 3rd dimension to evolve and ascend to higher levels. Remember dimensions overlap one another and they are not separated by walls like you see in those religious paintings of angels on different levels. That is all poetic and symbolic. Jesus was more like a Soul from the 7th or 8th dimension who descended and became one of us. It is my belief that this type of Entity is appointed to a certain world or worlds for their evolution and redemption. (That is another topic) This is the dimension of archetypal energy, divine energy, "the gods", the Holy- it has a lot of names, or just simply "The Light", "The Word" "Logos" "divine Wisdom". We can grow to this level but it takes a long journey of spiritual evolution.

What we are wondering on this thread is how did Jesus come to his conclusions? His Wisdom came from growing up in a time where you saw everything. He was raised poor and later became a carpenter who was usually homeless. He saw how his mother and women were treated, he saw how Israel was at crossroads of progress but also regression (sin), how people were mistreated, judged, hated, marginalized, etc. Of course he was most likely raised by the Essenes community which also helped shape and form his beliefs and mystical wisdom.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:10 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I am very interested in the mission of Jesus......and his mission began the moment he
came out of his 40 day fast declaring the Kingdom of Heaven was at hand....
I tend to really pay attention to a man that has fasted 40 days and 40 nights in a wilderness setting!

I quoted Miss Hepburn here, but this is only to address his fasting.

I have, as well, made some thoughts about this

So this post is not debatable. please understand that this post is meant to Guide, not to debate, and accept it as it is.
If you do not like it, then please ignore it.
I need to write about it (read to share it) so that i can learn it. (its not that i haven't learned it already but as time does not exist, it should be written or read once... )

So on the story:

He couldn't do it without guidance, and he had to go through it, so that he understand it from the body's point of view, and to be able to teach others about it.

So now, you are able to do it too. That does not mean that you will need to go into wilderness, like jesus.

If you can accept it that he has done it FOR you, then the following thoughts will be easy to understand.

(it is not that you do not know of this already, it is more that you are disregarding it as unimportant, but the importance should be in the forgiving it)

So, before i start i'm going to copy and paste a text from the biblegateway.com so that you know to what i'm refering to:

Quote:
Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’[b]”

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[c]”
7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[d]”

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]”

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

I will not write the solution here, as you should come to it by your self, but ill give you more thoughts, which will lead you to the correct thinking.

So Imagine Jesus being alone in the wilderness, hungry and thirsty.
And then devil came. You know, devil does not exists, but he obviously met him. And he met him !

Think about it: He was alone, all the time. And your part here is to find out the devil.
(p.s. this devil is not hidden, or unseen/invisible but he can not be seen by the eyes too)

Its so simple, and explains most of the things which are happening here on earth.
But people disregard it and do not forgive it. Why should they, if they do not know that they should.

And why only forgiveness will work. (if you look on how wars are started etc etc)

If you get it, then reread the quoted text and think, again, about it. You will, probably, notice a sudden change of meaning.

Thanks for reading.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Pathfinder

The mission of Jesus, according to the Bible, had more than one purpose:

1. He came to fulfill prophecy.
“I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill” (Matthew 5:17).
“Christ has become a servant . . . to confirm the promises given to the fathers” (Romans 15:8).

2. He came to abolish the law.
“Christ Jesus . . . is our peace . . . by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances” (Ephesians 2:13-15).
“Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill . . . not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished” (Matthew 5:17-18).

3. He came to seek the lost.
“For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost” (Luke 19:10).

4. He came to save the lost.
“For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost” (Matthew 18:11).

5. He came to serve.
“For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve” (Mark 10:45).

6. He came to give His life as a ransom.
“Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” (Matthew 20:28).

7. He came that men might have life more abundant.
“I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly” (John 10:10).

8. He came to reveal the Father.
“Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him” (Matthew 11:27).
“Jesus said to him, ‘He who has seen Me has seen the Father’” (John 14:9).

9. He came to do the will of God.
“Then He added, ‘Look, I have come to do Your will’” (Hebrews 10:9).

10. He came to preach.
“But He said to them, ‘I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, for I was sent for this purpose’” (Luke 4:43).

11. He came to bring fire.
“I have come to bring fire to the earth” (Luke 12:49).
“He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire . . . He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire” (Matthew 3:11-12).

12. He came to bring judgment.
“And Jesus said, ‘For judgment I came into this world, so that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may become blind’” (John 9:39).
Note with this verse Luke 12:14, John 3:17, and John 8:15 which says: “I judge no man.”

13. He came to be king.
“Therefore Pilate said to Him, ‘So You are a king?’ Jesus answered, ‘You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world’” (John 18:37).

14. He came to bear witness to the truth.
“For this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice” (John 18:37).

15. He came to save sinners.
“Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” (I Timothy 1:15).

16. He came into the world to be a faithful high priest.
“That He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God” (Hebrews 2:17).

17. He came to put away sin.
“Now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself” (Hebrews 9:26).
“You know that He appeared in order to take away sins” (I John 3:5).
“Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world” (John 1:29).
Compare John 1:35, Leviticus 16:20-22, Isaiah 53:6, II Corinthians 5:21.

18. He came to destroy the works of the devil.
“The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil” (I John 3:8).
“Only as a human being could He die, and only by dying could He break the power of the Devil, who had the power of death” (Hebrews 2:14).
“Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.” (John 12:31).
“For the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me” (John 14:30).

19. He came to send a sword.
“Don't imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! No, I came to bring a sword. I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. Your enemies will be right in your own household” (Matthew 10:34-36).

20. He came to bear our sins.
“He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross” (I Peter 2:24).
“Christ . . . having been offered once to bear the sins of many” (Hebrews 9:28).

21. He came to provide a pattern of holy living for Christians.
“Since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps” (I Peter 2:21).
“Learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart” (Matthew 11:29).

Note: credit to Dr R Congdon for the summary
Old 11-07-2017, 06:04 AM
Deactivated Account
Thank you Amilius777

I really enjoyed reading your contribution here Amilius and yes I am quite curious as to what you meant in one of your final paragraphs about Jesus being apointed our world for his redemption and evolution?
I would love to read more on what you have to say on this? Perhaps in another thread?

I am curious about how you came to these understandings within yourself?

I made some basic realisations regarding Karma and the mission of Jesus when I began the initial phases of my awakening half a decade ago. . . LOL . . . it is funny to read your post here now as I am realising through reading your post that I had thought that I was so 'awakened' due to my initial awakening experience. . . but now am marveling at the continuous and ceaseless unfolding of 'common' awareness!
Layers of an onion I suppose, I have unveiled one of many layers and am here, intrigued by the further layers you have shared here!
Old 20-06-2019, 03:37 AM
Ascender

Hello all.
Revisiting this post in the hope that further discussion here may be some small part in finding that understanding so greatly needed at this critical time.

If we look at our planet as a finite resource, with the process and consequence of using that resource governed by the "laws" of science---of which we now have some knowledge---then I think a sound case can be made for the proposition that:--

In a closed system, the persuing of self interest at the expense of the interest of the "whole" will inevitably result in progressively diminishing the ability of the whole to sustain self interest pursued in such a manner.

Only when self interest recognises that it is a component and dependant part of the "whole" can that outcome be avoided.

If such a proposition is considered to have validity, then it can be further considered regarding the causes and consequences etc. of self interest pursued in such a manner.

petex
Old 20-06-2019, 06:07 AM
ImthatIm

I was with you on the Love aspect.
The book says God is Love and Jesus I and the Father are one.(God also being Spirit and Light) But the main attribute is Divine Love.

Also we can sure do with a transformation on how we view and
gobble up the earth.
Also we should have Love in our heart when considering these earth living ways.