Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 18-03-2017, 08:00 PM
Master
Who else agrees with this?

via Imgflip Meme Generator
Old 21-03-2017, 09:21 AM
Suspended
Knower
Everything Zen

You know how in the song firestarter, Satan gets punished, "and you can kind of hear someone saying "I don't even care" as he does it, well, I want Satan als as something microscopic on every dishpan that was ever struck in a song I liked, getting a mindsplitting headache, so I can pretend to be his friend and bring him asprin, instead of anything from My tramadol horde for the cranberries zombie song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps317u9Rhl0
Old 21-03-2017, 01:47 PM
Master
Sorry but this thread is for pure metal only, not stuff like Prodigy. And Bush aren't even metal... I also have no further idea what Satan has to do with any of this.
Old 21-03-2017, 09:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Sorry but this thread is for pure metal only, not stuff like Prodigy. And Bush aren't even metal... I also have no further idea what Satan has to do with any of this.

It has a bit to do with it, a actually plays a significant pert of it in the hard bands in Norway. The history of 'the devil's music' is a very long one, but in terms of rock music, the origin in the blues in otherwise Christian America set the dichotomy between Gospel (God's music) and the blues (the devil's music). Sabbath (for one) used a lot of satanic symbology as well as Christian iconography, and they made use of the tritone to mane their music sound 'evilly', as they described it.

Along the way, since the Beatles 'Helter Skelter', which was said to be Charles Manson's inspiration, metal music has been 'blamed' from many, many murders, suicides and masacres. Ac/Dc "Night prowler" is a famous example, and the song "Body's" by drowning pool - and of course Marilyn Manson and the Colombine masacre... and so many more. Sabbath's "Suicide Solution"... and so on.

Then we get Tenacious D making a great parody of it, which their numerous trysts with Satan... and all the way back to Robert Johnson and his deal with the devil at the crossroads.

In the eighties, Al Gore's wife, Tippa Gore launched a campaign again
Old 21-03-2017, 09:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It has a bit to do with it, a actually plays a significant pert of it in the hard bands in Norway. The history of 'the devil's music' is a very long one, but in terms of rock music, the origin in the blues in otherwise Christian America set the dichotomy between Gospel (God's music) and the blues (the devil's music). Sabbath (for one) used a lot of satanic symbology as well as Christian iconography, and they made use of the tritone to mane their music sound 'evilly', as they described it.

Along the way, since the Beatles 'Helter Skelter', which was said to be Charles Manson's inspiration, metal music has been 'blamed' from many, many murders, suicides and masacres. Ac/Dc "Night prowler" is a famous example, and the song "Body's" by drowning pool - and of course Marilyn Manson and the Colombine masacre... and so many more. Sabbath's "Suicide Solution"... and so on.

Then we get Tenacious D making a great parody of it, which their numerous trysts with Satan... and all the way back to Robert Johnson and his deal with the devil at the crossroads.

In the eighties, Al Gore's wife, Tippa Gore launched a campaign again

ROFL I am aware that Satanism is by far not unheard of in the world of metal, but not THAT much to a point where you enter a thread about metal and the first thing you do is talk about Satan as if we're all part of some Satanic cult. Most metalheads are atheists and wouldn't even take that stuff seriously in the first place.
Old 22-03-2017, 10:10 PM
Master
Quote:
ROFL I am aware that Satanism is by far not unheard of in the world of metal, but not THAT much to a point where you enter a thread about metal and the first thing you do is talk about Satan as if we're all part of some Satanic cult. Most metalheads are atheists and wouldn't even take that stuff seriously in the first place.

Well, yeah. The 'devil thing' is all a performance like Gene Simmon's demon, so it's really more like a 'horror genre' within metal rather than any devil worship. Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, all that 'devil stuff' is like a claiming, owning and theatrically playing of 'the devil's music' which they were already being accused of. But this had been going on since before Christendom. It's just that America is a new country and rock is a new music, so it seems like 'the devils music' started with the blues and continues through rock, but it's as old as the devil himself.

Tenacious D twist it around, like the move Crossroads where rock is the 'weapon' that defeats the devil, even though the devil rocks, the best rocker/shredder is definitively good.
Old 22-03-2017, 10:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Well, yeah. The 'devil thing' is all a performance like Gene Simmon's demon, so it's really more like a 'horror genre' within metal rather than any devil worship. Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, all that 'devil stuff' is like a claiming, owning and theatrically playing of 'the devil's music' which they were already being accused of. But this had been going on since before Christendom. It's just that America is a new country and rock is a new music, so it seems like 'the devils music' started with the blues and continues through rock, but it's as old as the devil himself.

Tenacious D twist it around, like the move Crossroads where rock is the 'weapon' that defeats the devil, even though the devil rocks, the best rocker/shredder is definitively good.

Well it's kinda narrow minded for someone to label rock/metal as devil's music, as there are plenty of bands (yes, even black metal bands like Immortal) that aren't into Satan. Many bands out there are more lyrically focussed on history, life, religion, fantasy, nature, wars, etc. Pop music nowadays with it's hidden dark messages can be more Satanic than Iron Maiden's number of the beast, just saying. But of course that's often dismissed by narrow minded folks on an anti-metal crusade. So whoever made up the myth of metal as devil's music needs to chill out and listen to some bands like Sabaton, Rhapsody, or Stratovarius.
Old 23-03-2017, 06:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Well it's kinda narrow minded for someone to label rock/metal as devil's music, as there are plenty of bands (yes, even black metal bands like Immortal) that aren't into Satan. Many bands out there are more lyrically focussed on history, life, religion, fantasy, nature, wars, etc. Pop music nowadays with it's hidden dark messages can be more Satanic than Iron Maiden's number of the beast, just saying. But of course that's often dismissed by narrow minded folks on an anti-metal crusade. So whoever made up the myth of metal as devil's music needs to chill out and listen to some bands like Sabaton, Rhapsody, or Stratovarius.

Sabbath and Alice cooper arn't into Satan either, and most of the original blues men were religious Christians. In the early accounts of blues performers the parents, mostly father's, of these musicians didn't want 'devil's playthings' (guitars) or the devil's music (blues) in their house. Basically it means that all things that are not God's are the devil's, so everything which isn't the gospel genre is 'the devil's music' . Of course it isn't true, and next to no bluesmen played to honour the devil, but all through rock history (and before) the church has declared music other than their own 'the devil's). Rockers have taken ownership of that and performed it because that means they can 'own that label' which disempowers those who would otherwise use it to slur them. Not only that, but it was a cool performance to make, Highway to Hell album cover has Angus depicted with little 'devil horns', but that album also had the song 'night prowler' on it, which was then 'blamed' for inspiring the serial killed dubbed the 'night stalker' ... so look, none of it is true and the song 'night prowler' had nothing to do with killing people, but there is a lot of anxiety over rockers because they go out of the bounds of 'social norms', and often purposely use 'shock value' as part of their act, like Twisted Sister, Marilyn Manson, etc etc etc. There has always been a lot of songs about the devil from Robert Johnson's 'me and the devil', Van Halen 'running with the devil', Suicidal Tendencies 'I Shot the Devil'... Tenacious D 'tribute'... heaps. Nothing is serious, it's all theatre... but there is a lot of doom metal which is practically hymns to Satan as well. I mean if Satan was real, he'd totally be a hard core metal head!~ hahaha.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:46 PM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
You're not the only one...

I dig me some Metallica, Epica, Opeth, Gwar, Alice Cooper, My Dying Bride, Sepulchre and Lacuna Coil and a few others. I like thrash metal and death and doom metal especially.

Simone Simons of Epica is HOT! I love the way she headbangs that gorgeous long red hair of hers around and what a voice!

I resent the way metal is typically associated with Satanism. I'm a Pagan/Taoist/Gnostic/Transcendentalist, thank you ever much!

I do listen to Enya too and other ambient music as well! I tend to avoid the term 'New Age' because it annoys me (I'm not sure why -- it just does! ;-)). Indeed, I listen to LOTS of music and of MANY of genres. The only music I cannot seem to really get into at all are pop/bubble-gum pop, modern R&B and hip-hop/rap.
Old 13-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Master
um on off u cud say

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔