Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 24-04-2019, 12:40 AM
Seeker

5 Day Water Fast

So I am currently at hour 70 of my 5 day (120 hour) fast

First allow me to explain what exactly I am doing on this fast:

- My last meal before the fast was a very big one (Passover Seder)..I had potatoes, meatballs, carrots, chicken soup, matzoh, and cheesecake for dessert

Rules......
- I drink water when I am thirsty
- I eat a dash of Himalayan pink salt when I feel extra weak
- I have about a small amount of lime juice in my water 1-2x a day after energetic activity
- I have a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar 1x a day or less

Note: All of the above "foods" have 0 calories. The lime juice maybe has 5 calories or less, not a big deal. The point is that I am trying to ingest small amounts of vital nutrients on a 0 calorie diet for 5 days. Also note that I have a very fast metabolism......

What has happened so far:

Day 1
Slept, smoked herb, watched videos on the internet, went biking (light strolling) for 2 hours

Day 2
Slept, smoked herb, watched videos on the internet, did heavy gardening work.

Day 3
Slept, watched videos on the internet, heavy gardening, went biking (light strolling) for 2 hours, smoked herb

Symptoms so far: (70 hour mark)

By the end of day one, I felt extremely hungry. My stomach was growling every so often.
On day two, I did some light exercise and felt Ok. I had a hungry feeling in my throat and mouth all day, rather than in my stomach itself.
By the end of day two, my muscles were beginning to ache, I felt fatigued and lethargic. My tongue also turned white which is supposed to happen. I also felt light muscle tremors on the injured areas of my body (my hips, sciatica, legs and feet, shoulders and arms.
On day three, I woke up feeling achy again. I went biking for 2 hours and it was great. Then I came back, had a lime-water drink, and a pinch of pink salt. Then I took a nap and woke up feeling achy again; mostly in the areas of my body that were already giving me problems before the fast.

I have been sneezing a lot too. It is spring here and the plants all just bloomed.
Going up and down the stairs is tough....
Suprisingly I have not had any headaches.

I only poo'ed on day 1. Otherwise I have not had any other bowel movements.

I'm still deciding if I should do the full 5 days or just do 4 days.

WHY AM I DOING THIS?
1. General detox - starving off any potential parasites in my body

2. Autophagy - your body gets rid of bad proteins, bad DNA, bad white blood cells that are hyperreactive to inflammation, bad mitochondria that keeps us from being good efficient fat burners...the body is eating itself and first it is eating all of the "bad stuff" BAD = use your imagination.

3. Reseting my microbiome in my gut - healthy flora is always a win!

4. New Stem Cell Creation, hormone optimization, Bad DNA epigenetics get switched off....

If you want the science behind these processes please do your own research, I am too hungry and tired to write it all here.

Any tips or advice, or comments? I may only do 4 days instead of 5. It depends on what my body tells me. Apparently on day 5 your body's stem cell production peaks, so I would like to get to that point. Day 4 is definitely where all of the magic happens, when the body almost fully transitions to using ketones for energy instead of glucose

Last edited by Pewdiepie : 24-04-2019 at 04:37 AM.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:58 AM
Master
I commend you for committing to a fasting period which can be very beneficial for the body.. but the meal you ate before beginning was foolish to say the least, and I hope that what you feed your body after the fast is a lot more sensible and closer to nature. it's very important, but hopefully you know that.

not sure if I'd call it a water fast if you're adding stuff to the water, but I think that a lime water fast would be healthier than a solely water fast anyways.. I hope this is pure uncorrupted water you've been drinking cuz of course that's important too.

sorry for being so nitpicky but I guess the assaulting meal you fed your body before the fast is annoying to me, and if you want to be healthier try refraining from eating food so far deviated from nature in general. continuing to eat processed, cooked, and dead foods (be they plants or animals) is gonna reverse any healing you do quickly sorry to say. So what is your plan going from here? again sorry for the reprimanding I do give you a lot of props for doing a 5 day fast. I would like to add that fruit is the healthiest food and a fruit 'fast' might be a better choice.

is that true about the body using ketones for energy instead of glucose on a water fast? it's generally not good for the body to use ketones for energy, it's a toxic situation.. and we are carbon creatures and sugar is carbon.. but fructose from fruit is the best sugar for the body and doesn't involve the kreb's cycle like glucose, instead being absorbed by a process called diffusion.. of course there is glucose in fruit too but fructose is the most ideal energy source from food.

well it's been over a week since your post so I'm curious your update and sorry my post wasn't full of more praise and positivity but at least it is some feedback and possible information for you to consider

*I just read jungleboy's 3 day water fast thread (which is closed for some reason) and you can see that he eased his way into it, and out of it which the body appreciates. since I can't comment there I will say here that his urine was darker because the kidneys are an integral filter of the body and are designed to remove a lot of toxins, which is supposed to come out in the urine. it wouldn't seem so since the urine is a liquid, but it actually is where a lot of sediment and unwanted matter is supposed to come out through. some people don't detox through their kidneys/urine til many days into a fast or cleansing, but I guess some get quicker results.. most bodies have a lott of toxicity to get rid of though and cellular regeneration takes time and is an ongoing process. anyways, Pewdiepie what you did with your water fast is commendable and I am proud of you and glad you were able to clear and heal your body out as you have.. I just don't want you to keep refilling it with more toxicity and damaging it further, and I just don't think you should have shocked your body by suddenly switching from bombarding it with unhealthy 'food' to the water fast.. a transition period would be a lot healthier, but still the fact you did the water fast in the first place is a worthy endeavor and hopefully has helped you
Old 14-09-2019, 07:02 PM
Seeker

Hey sorry I was offline for the longest time but I'm back now!

I didn't really have a comprehensive strategy going into this, besides just no eating anything. The window of opportunity for me to do this was short so I just dealt with the cards that I gave myself in this instance as best as I could.

I hear advice from people all the time that raw, uncooked food is the best because it is closest to nature. Intuitively that sounds right, but what biological/chemical evidence can you prove this with?

Results of my fast: I lost 6 pounds (which I don't care for because I'm already skinny), the skin on my face looked much cleaner, my stomach was tight...It was overall positive

PS. I don't mind the reprimanding as long as it is made in good faith, which I can sense that is what you are doing here.
Old 15-09-2019, 10:33 PM
Master
wish i cud do it but need fod on meds im on

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 21-10-2019, 04:11 PM
Newbie ;)

If this good for my I am 69kg