Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 28-02-2012, 02:47 AM
Master
Not going to extremes is important, and I have another view of living The Middle Way.

This is learning to become aware in and live from your center.

Everything comes into balance from this.

Xan

Old 28-02-2012, 04:01 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwellBTR
The Middle Path has many understandings among those who seek a way of living in a state of respect in and among all life forms. Can a Human follow a course or system of behaviors that will have no adverse impact or effect on any life forms it encounters, perhaps not. This is where intent becomes a proof of growth. For as we learn from our misguided understandings and change those actions cycle that would have us repeat them our path will become more clear...

As we become whole, the levels of respect and compassion for all life forms are awakened and the awarness itself knows how to move with its own intentions......our beingness just is.....and the actions flow naturally...from there...Of course change in this space is not always fully visible....but spirits intention is considerate of the whole...
Old 10-03-2012, 03:16 AM
EastDream

I often wonder about the Middle path myself. I have a sort of Roshi, in a way. A master. He is very wise and very old, he has been on this earth a long time and has been trained in the ways of Zen. I sometimes want to talk and ask him, is my goal even attainable? To be free from attachment. Not my goal but the goal of enlightenment. To free myself from tanha and dukkha. (desire and suffering). I think that I'd want to. But I live in a western society and things are lightning fast always. ..they never slow down. It's like I need to be this way.

There is always something begging my attention. Always something more to do, or a time constraint. If I just 'be' I will miss deadlines..the stove will catch fire or the cat will starve. Or the house won't stay clean, the phone will ring. If I was to give up attachment to all things and just be. To just still myself here in this spot and do zazen. What would happen?
Is doing zazen even a matter of neglecting duties? What duties are important? How can i tell these things.. I want to speak to my Roshi, but he never has the time.

The middle way is a difficult thing for me too.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:49 AM
Master
The middle way is only complicated and difficult when we try to imagine it.

In choosing to live with open inner awareness - which leads to freedom from attachment - while 'just being' in our ordinary daily activities, it becomes clear how simple it really is.

It's really just about being present with whatever is here, now.

In other words... over-thinking it is the only problem.

Xan

Old 10-03-2012, 06:29 AM
Master
Quote:
The Middle Path has many understandings among those who seek a way of living in a state of respect in and among all life forms. Can a Human follow a course or system of behaviors that will have no adverse impact or effect on any life forms it encounters, perhaps not. This is where intent becomes a proof of growth. For as we learn from our misguided understandings and change those actions cycle that would have us repeat them our path will become more clear...

I like it ^

The middle way will always be a sense of balance, and living is to kill, even if one accidentally steps on bugs or cuts down forest to grow the veges, and to live in balance with nature requires the balance of the mind, or mindfulness.

Our greed does lead to Earth's destruction and our hatred does lead to our degeneration of human digity, this is plainly evident, so it's best if people do not entertain these indulgences.
Old 17-03-2012, 03:02 AM
xebiche

Quote:
Many view the living of Human Life as an exercise in thought based actions. While we endevior to balance between the spiritual and the physical there is a simple reality. Intent is the truth of any choice based action. The Middle path has ever been the flow of energy that can satisfy the goal of, no harm to any, including Self. We all are the connection of Humanity to Beingness, each a reflection of our current understanding. For with faith we can do better as we build a bridge of return. Blessings

Middle path simplified:

Material Dimension + Conscious Dimension = Middle Path

To know the sum of the parts is to know the whole.
Old 23-03-2012, 02:14 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
In other words... over-thinking it is the only problem.

And so simple to show this.
There is only one thing people demand of a dying person on the average, "Live".
Old 23-05-2012, 08:07 AM
catatonic

i like the concept of the middle path, but it's really hard to do.
my emotion is not stable enough and i think that only a very wise person who can really live with the middle path.
Old 26-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Guide

I think it takes wisdom to find the middle path and walk in it, but I also think it takes honesty, and (dare I say it?) a fair bit of faith.

The middle path is what is best for us, but it may not be the most fun or pleasant or comfortable path to take. It often clashes with our human nature, our desires and greed. It takes some faith to believe that by letting go of desire and attachment we will find something better, and that is what the middle way provides. It's not always obvious, and we should learn from experience, but we often don't.
Old 26-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciel_perdu
I think it takes wisdom to find the middle path and walk in it, but I also think it takes honesty, and (dare I say it?) a fair bit of faith.

The middle path is what is best for us, but it may not be the most fun or pleasant or comfortable path to take. It often clashes with our human nature, our desires and greed. It takes some faith to believe that by letting go of desire and attachment we will find something better, and that is what the middle way provides. It's not always obvious, and we should learn from experience, but we often don't.

Yay... this one of my favorite threads.

The middle path is a pretty deep concept ay?