Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 06-12-2011, 10:08 PM
BwellBTR

The Middle Path

Many view the living of Human Life as an exercise in thought based actions. While we endevior to balance between the spiritual and the physical there is a simple reality. Intent is the truth of any choice based action. The Middle path has ever been the flow of energy that can satisfy the goal of, no harm to any, including Self. We all are the connection of Humanity to Beingness, each a reflection of our current understanding. For with faith we can do better as we build a bridge of return. Blessings
Old 11-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Mayflow

A Bridge of return to where? Original Purity? Divinity? Are those your intent? Intentions are very powerful, and in my thought very intricate.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwellBTR
We all are the connection of Humanity to Beingness, each a reflection of our current understanding.

Hi BwellBTR,

Could you explain what 'Beingness' is please ?

Quote:
. For with faith we can do better as we build a bridge of return

Return from where to what ?

Old 17-12-2011, 04:03 PM
BwellBTR

The Self

The Human awareness is the core of the known universe. From my understanding, reincarnation is a reason to exercise imperfect practice into a fabric of behavior that affords a balance of all Human actions, to a point where none are require for further understanding or action. Blessings
Old 18-12-2011, 04:21 AM
Master
Quote:
The Human awareness is the core of the known universe. From my understanding, reincarnation is a reason to exercise imperfect practice into a fabric of behavior that affords a balance of all Human actions, to a point where none are require for further understanding or action. Blessings

Not only a gesture to indicate the merits of moderation... but also a view of things as they are...

The mind is a balance where things are sensed and a human evaluation of 'I like' or 'I don't like' is given, as it is our power to make such a judgement.

The balance of the mind is a middle path so pleasures I like do not enslave me to addiction, nor do unpleasantries cause hatred to enter the heart, rather all sensations are seen as changes occuring to consciousness.

To stray from middle path is to enter into over indulgence, which is symptomatic of a craving greed for pleasures, which can not be sated simply... or the counter attitude of hatred for the unpleasant... both reactive behaviours which disturb equanimity.

The middle path, at the essence of it, pertains to the balance of the mind where pleasure and unpleasantry pass as they are wont to do during the ups and downs of our daily life.
Old 18-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
The Human awareness is the core of the known universe.

Is that according to other humans ?.....or to yourself?

Quote:
From my understanding, reincarnation is a reason to exercise imperfect practice into a fabric of behavior that affords a balance of all Human actions, to a point where none are require for further understanding or action.

Reincarnation/rebirth is useful to some as a morality teaching - but is totally irrelevant to the freshness of the here and now.

Be well and happy.
Old 22-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Bhishma

The Middle path is always the best one
Old 30-12-2011, 11:05 PM
silent whisper

Quote:

And the core of the human is awarness of the known universe...
Old 01-01-2012, 12:03 PM
ciel_perdu

I think it takes a lot of wisdom to walk the middle path. I get the impression from many today though, that the middle path as become something very much synonomous with being luke-warm/status quo.
Old 28-02-2012, 01:54 AM
BwellBTR

The Middle Path has many understandings among those who seek a way of living in a state of respect in and among all life forms. Can a Human follow a course or system of behaviors that will have no adverse impact or effect on any life forms it encounters, perhaps not. This is where intent becomes a proof of growth. For as we learn from our misguided understandings and change those actions cycle that would have us repeat them our path will become more clear...