Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 26-12-2016, 04:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
Hmm...I thought I understood you from the first post of yours I responded to, but now, with this one, not so sure. What exactly is 'supramundane wisdom?'

That which is not in need of word for his expression, nor ear for his hearing. Without word, or hearing, the Angels communicate to one another their wise understanding” … “In a dream-like body the Angel clothes Itself for manifestation to the people.”

Realm Of Light

NICHOLAS ROERICH

-of or relating to what is elevated above earthly things

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 26-12-2016, 07:37 AM
Guide

When it comes to one of the core principles of Buddhism, Anatta, people tend to run away. Who is to blame for that?
Old 26-12-2016, 09:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
When it comes to one of the core principles of Buddhism, Anatta, people tend to run away. Who is to blame for that?

Anatta can be a little confusing when you first encounter this Buddhist teaching, but if you spend some time delving into it everything makes sense.

Nobody is to blame if people run away, that is their choice. We do tend to turn away from things we don't understand but eventually we return when the time is right....
Old 26-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow

I think it comes back to what I shared about pushing through and reflecting deeper regardless of what is there. Letting things move as they will and be, always honouring yourself and at least giving all sharing a chance through that self reflected manner of you.
I find that sometimes, I do not move in the way that I would like to, but often the result is more 'authentic' than if I tried to be as I am lol
Quote:

In the sigh I feel you all the same. that is what can hinder you know?

that is funny you would say that because I was thinking something similar after we talked last night, and that maybe it was time to let go of that .
Quote:

People sometimes don't like all manner of things to be, but that is the greatest teacher of our own resistance, acceptance and inner strength, which ultimately leads us towards a greater self empowered way of being in the world with the world as it is.
in great measure for me it is a matter of accepting it as it is more than it is a matter of trying to make it some certain way... there is no certain way it has to be anyway it is just a matter of preference. But I find I also need to accept myself in this, can't just go trying to be something that I think would be admirable for whatever reason. that is part of why you find me being oddly honest sometimes... or why I'll say stupid things from time to time
Quote:

I suppose I see myself as deeply resilient and never giving up.

I am not sure where that comes from. But it is just who I am

I feel the same.

and my two favorite females were both the same as well. Both of them knocked a lot of growth into me
Old 26-12-2016, 06:05 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
so... i'm hoping you realize by now that if you choose to champion the cause of 'lack of bondage' you have bound yourself to it
Investing attention in feelings, making them 'mine' and 'good' or 'bad' or 'right' or 'wrong' causes bondage but from the outset there is no bondage.
Old 26-12-2016, 06:06 PM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I have seen you become the target of unkind accusations.

Yea I just don't post much anymore on Zen or Buddhism. Can't get attacked that way. The universe must want me somewhere else doing something else.
Old 26-12-2016, 06:16 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
... What exactly is 'supramundane wisdom?'
Funny expression, right? Let's better call it 'unconventional'. This then renders rationality 'conventional'.
I don't like the buddhist term 'transcendent'
Old 26-12-2016, 06:26 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
Yea I just don't post much anymore on Zen or Buddhism. Can't get attacked that way. The universe must want me somewhere else doing something else.

As if you're the victim. Do you want me to post the third time of how you try to "do harm on" me? Or someone wanted to be expelled by the forum? This is my personal warning. When you said something then it's better fixed to the truth.

Can you please explain Gem's quote (...........above.):from where does it comes? Or you wrote it by yourself. If you wrote it then you push your "sin" to Gem. That's evil.
Old 26-12-2016, 06:59 PM
Master
Quote:

The Akkosa Sutta.......A man named Akkosa found out that one of his clansmen had just become a disciple of the Buddha. Outraged, Akkosa went to the Buddha to give the Buddha a piece of his mind – he hurled abuse and insults at the Buddha, telling the Buddha what he thought of him in no uncertain terms.

The Buddha was unmoved in the slightest by this barrage of insults and just asked a question in return:

“Do you sometimes receive visitors as guests?”

“Yes I do” replied Akkosa.

And when they come, do you offer them food and drink and courtesies? asked the Buddha.

Yes, sometimes I do Akkosa said.

“So what if your guests don’t accept what you offer to them – where do the food, drink and courtesies return to?”

“They return to me of course!” Akkosa answered.

Akkosa, you came here today, hurling insults and abuse at me. I do not accept what you have offered. So where do these insults and abuse return?”

Akkosa got the picture.
Old 26-12-2016, 07:24 PM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

Quote:

Wow one little post then here is Jeremy once again breaking all the rules of the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Do you want me to post the third time of how you try to "do harm on" me? This is my personal warning. When you said something then it's better fixed to the truth. That's evil.

I give up. Jeremy Bong with his threats and name calling has bullied me off the forums. I've reported him for cussing at me in posts, threatening me in posts, sending name calling and threats to me in IM's and each time I have reported him the mods have lectured me about how it's my fault then they delete my Buddhism or Zen threads and say if I do "it" again I will be banned. Do what? Post about Zen or Buddhism is the Buddhist section of forums? Jeremy has friends in high places.

Like this example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
A person can only go to jail if he committed a crime like you. Don't you know I am the judge to give you life sentence? you learning of zen? Or learning of bull****? Or the master of bull****?

Jeremy posted that in my Zen thread out of the blue, I reported him, then I get a 5 paragraph lecture from mod telling me to stop fighting with Jerermy or I will be banned. Then the mod deletes my thread I put a lot of work into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Akkosa got the picture.

This is the picture. Imagine some mom happily watching TV in the living room while her two 5 year old twins are playing in a bedroom. Suddenly, the boy twin picks up a toy truck and bashes his sister over the head with it several times. The girl twin runs to her mom screaming in pain and the mom gets up and yells at both kids saying, that's it, both of you go to your rooms and you both get no dinner. That's how the mods run these forums. I will get blamed for the out of the blue attack above. If you report somebody, be prepared to get in trouble for it.

I'm done. Mods please delete my account and all my posts. I don't want a suspension. Delete my account. I want nothing to do with this place. Bye.