Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-08-2018, 09:26 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
No, not Dandenong, I would not like to live there, the Dandenongs are on the outer eastern fringes of Melbourne, Yes, Ferntree Gully Boronia, Montrose Basin, are just at the bottom the Mount Dandenong Ranges, what we simplify as the Dandenongs. Yes lots of tree ferns lots of birds and very tall gum trees.

Ahh ok I see, I have heard Dandenong is not so great, but I grew up in the west, places like sunshine, braybrook, altona, which are meant to be just as bad as dandenong not altona though, they were ok though all the west was my stomping grounds really. Overall I feel like Melbourne is alright and safe, The woman im seeing at the moment tells me about her country though (Colombia) she was at first amazed she could walk down the street at night here in the middle of the city without being harassed/attacked and tells me if I was in her country not to get into the taxis or i may be kidnapped.. so i guess its better then colombia haha..

But yes the forest's are beautiful over there, last time i was there with some people we were feeding those red and green parrots, they were landing on us too.

Anyway all the best neighbour.
Old 17-08-2018, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Christ's teachings go beyond self love, as does that of the Old Testament. The complete Bible does not teach that self love is the answer; which is what the Hindus and New Age would have us believe.

Self love really is the dark side of love. It is love but it is very self absorbed and not necessarily virtuous or ethical. The Bible is mainly about whole love which Christ summed up as love of self, others and God. NOT just the flaming self.

Get over yourselves! So what you are God, but are not we all. God is God too.

You don't even have to think of yourself.
The vibration of that thing we call "Love" is an energy - state of Being, and it encompasses everything....you included. There's nothing one could do to even stop that happening. Everything shines. Everything including you.

Yes you're right "get over yourselves". That's what we have to do. Love won't flourish while we are trapped in a vicious cycle with ourselves!
But when it's there. you are there too.
Old 17-08-2018, 10:50 AM
Master
How do any of us know one way or other what exactly it is one Jesus Christ did or did not do.

Were any of us truly there?
Old 17-08-2018, 11:34 AM
Master
You are correct SP, we can only speculate. But we do have the Bible which does not pin point self love as the 'path'.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 17-08-2018, 12:27 PM
Master
Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others."

Ephesians 5:29 - For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

Just two that I can remember, but many more if you feel the need to search regarding ' Self Love '

If your body is Gods Temple how can you not love yourself....
Old 17-08-2018, 12:35 PM
Master
Quote:
You are correct SP, we can only speculate. But we do have the Bible which does not pin point self love as the 'path'.

Because the bible was written by Man you will find contradictions, some of the writers will feel self love and others self loathing, it depends. Look within rather than without

It's about having a healthy balance, people who have no self love usually have very low self esteem and others who have to much self love have a huge ego, inbetween is the correct way imo.....
Old 17-08-2018, 12:58 PM
Master
The point I was originally trying to make is that the Bible teaches whole love - of self, others and God. The New Age emphasis is on ones own self at the expense of others and God.

I am not against self love. But I do feel there is more to the whole story.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 17-08-2018, 04:48 PM
Master
Quote:
The point I was originally trying to make is that the Bible teaches whole love - of self, others and God. The New Age emphasis is on ones own self at the expense of others and God.

' New Age emphasis is on ones own self at the expense of others and God.'

No that I have noticed, who, when, where ???
Old 17-08-2018, 06:12 PM
Master
Quote:

Nowhere in the beliefs of the new age that I have come across is self love the concept of the whole or in any way aimed at the expense or misfortunes of others.

From what I have read self love in fact is designated as the start to improve upon love of others and then within the larger concepts others as well and then finally the love the light itself- What we call God.

Rather it as emphasized in the bible as you said begins with self, encompasses others, and finally ends with return to God in love.

As far as I have read the new age concept of this is very much so similar, begins with self love, encompasses compassion for others, and then comes full circle with union- in light and in love with God.

You see the argument is futile.

Both Christianity and the new age in my view are emphasizing the same very thing.
Old 21-08-2018, 07:12 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Self love manifests as forgiveness...cuz we beat ourselves up so much...
as we inwardly forgive
ourselves for our many blunders...we are to forgive our neighbor for the same blunders...
that come from childhood trauma unhealed and still pushed down...usually...
then projected out onto others as a way to release pain and guilt and shame that is unconscious!

Until we love ourselves ...accepting ourselves and being gentle with ourselves ...we can never love God fully.

Maybe another angle to see this in?
I must agree and if "Do unto others as you would have done unto your self/Soul" is anything to be understood who can disagree? Nice angle in deed.