Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-05-2018, 05:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
Proverbs 6:16= 6 things that YHWH(Jehovah) hates

No hatred from God, it comes from your perception only, delusions....
Old 25-05-2018, 10:06 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi, I just got done reading the 'Jesus didn't die for our sins' thread.

Who believes here that God hates? (period)

Who believes here that God dwells in a 'place' of duality?

Raise your hands...
And why or why not do you hang onto this concept?

Who here believes this Infinite, Brilliant, Loving Being would need
a sacrifice of any kind?

Thought I would throw that in while I was at it.
Thanks!

Hi Miss Hepburn. This is one of the biggest questions that divide believers and I never could quite understand why. I am a Christian and came to Christ in 2013 and have never felt any hatred from God even though I would deserve to feel it.

When someone lives in fear of God hating them because of their sin, it only serves to make them isolated from God and unattached. We set the bar so high to please God that realistically we can never reach it. We create all of this of our own doing. Gods yoke is light and his burden easy. He promises all those who are weary to come to him and he will give them rest.

God doesn't hate anything, it's impossible. He is Love. Through this unconditional love, that is for ALL, (NO exclusions) this is how we can become to know him, and be fearless despite of our sin. Sin no longer has the hold on us because it's already broken through his work on the cross.

If God hated sin, he would have to hate us as we are all riddled in it! Instead, he comes to Earth, in the flesh, and befriends and loves the sinners. He calls them friends and his family. He dies for them. Friends, that is not hate, that is love. LOVE. Love is all that matters. Love is what the world needs.

Anyone who lives in hate, and enjoys trying to make people feel they are hated by God is doing the works of their own mind. Not sure if people here watched the Royal Wedding recently (I'm from the UK so was all over everything here) - but if not, I encourage you to listen to the truth and the beautiful power that comes from the sermon of High Bishop Michael Currie, regarding LOVE. If you haven't you can watch it hear and enjoy the love of God all over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttHhe6ai6n8

God bless.
Old 25-05-2018, 10:33 AM
Ascender

I have Observed here so far that the "God can hate" folks don't say too much and some like to Quote the Bible.There doesn't seem to be a lot of their own thinking put into their words.

The "God can not hate"folks say a lot more and seem to use only their own words without the need for Bible back up.

"God can not hate"folks seem more confident in their beliefs.
Old 25-05-2018, 11:16 AM
Master
God cannot hate, because God is not human and prone to our human notions. But I still like to quote the odd passage here and there, because the bible sometimes says it so well.
Old 25-05-2018, 11:22 AM
Suspended
Seeker

Anti-Christ meets God's Love in hell. It is the Will of God. It is not the Will of Life or Death.
Old 25-05-2018, 11:40 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
But I still like to quote the odd passage here and there, because the bible sometimes says it so well.

I'v no problem with Quote's django,its just I feel they should be mixed with a lot more of our own words so we can see what the individual is saying and you use Quote's quiet well.
Old 25-05-2018, 12:19 PM
Pathfinder
I would agree with your conclusion of observations barrynu. As Taneli said, there are Bible quotes to confirm he is Love that far outweigh any that speak otherwise and it is sometimes nice to quote them, however, personal experience often speaks the message a lot more clearer. Jesus would often use personal experience and stories to explain what he is saying instead of just throwing scriptures at people.

Jesus said that : "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Little children don't discriminate, judge or put labels on anyone. They are innocent and just know Love. Anyone who doesn't see the world as unconditionally as a child has not known God or the nature of God.

God bless.
Old 25-05-2018, 12:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Little children don't discriminate, judge or put labels on anyone. They are innocent and just know Love. Anyone who doesn't see the world as unconditionally as a child has not known God or the nature of God.

I'd like to disagree with this statement.

Not that I have a problem with children, that simply isn't so.

But on a more innocent level I feel that yes they do discriminate and judge.

On an innocent level- think of a child at the dinner table served spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, liver, and they say to their parents- "What is this"? While picking up a bit of liver in their fork. Their mother tells them "Well that's liver honey". They proceed then to make a judgement- their own judgement and they say "Well I don't like it". So the mom asks "Well how do you know if you've never tried it"? Trust me. When I said I did not like liver as a child, I didn't like it. I know my personal tastes, and preferences.

I am no longer a child. I will still to this day not touch liver.

I will also not touch turkey or chicken gizzards, I will not consume rye bread,

And I will never ever touch lamb.

I knew each and every one of these things, after having tried them each while very young.

And you know what I did? I used my mind and formed by trying them my own judgments about them.

I found these things, in this example foods, dislike able to my personal taste. That my friend is a judgement.

Children in fact do make them all the time, it is a part of being domesticated.

Are most children prejudice? No, not at first. But they do become programmed by the opinions, the poison gossip, the curse words, the name calling they hear from those in their immediate environment, and yes they actually do form judgments. Early on even. Perhaps not as malicious as the judgments of adults, as when children are very young their judgments tend to be more normal, rational judgments that are healthy.

A good example of what I mean is when I was a child I didn't care for playing with dolls. I ended up cutting a lot of their hair attempting to style it, and becoming frustrated, not because I felt I was doing a bad job, but because for some odd reason I got it in my head I wanted to style their hair, but I had no ability to understand why. It was possibly a neighbor friend who told me this is something a girl would do with a doll.

But I was not fond of dolls, and actually pretty afraid of a lot of them. But I did have toys I did like. I liked small match box cars, I used to crash into each other in fake accidents, and then hold a funeral for them.... don't ask me why, I don't know, lol.

And I had a very big fondness for My Little Ponies. I preferred them to dolls.

These were judgments, and children do make them, over time, conditioning, and domestication, listening to the gossips, personal opinions, and hatreds of our parents- the judgments over time, are more than likely to become less of an innocent- I don't like peas, or barbies type thing.

My point? I don't feel children come the closest to unconditional love. The only thing I have found to perfect this is God.

And my next closest are not children, angels, nor cheribum alike, but animals.

I feel animals other than God are the very closest beings to unconditional love I've ever encountered.

My house cat never calls me names, hollers at me, gives me hateful glances, or tells me he thinks my outfit is ugly. He also never tells me where to go, what to do, whom to spend time with, and I simply don't have to put up with his personal opinion on anything.

But the biggest thing I respect about him, is he is honestly simply happy to see me, where everyone else is complaining in my ear, hollering, arguing religion or politics, name calling etc etc etc, ceaselessly.

Do I think he sits there and judges me? If he does I certainly don't have to hear about it, and he purrs the entire time, for whatever that means or is worth.

And my other point? Every human being judges. Even children, and yes imo even Jesus.
Old 25-05-2018, 01:00 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
No hatred from God, it comes from your perception only, delusions....

why didn't you to take the time to read "Proverbs 6:16" concerning the six things that Jehovah DID say he HATES... before you went accusing some one of being delusional. it's NOT a "delusion" it's his words NOT the words of an imperfect human. I'll post it for you ,(Pro. 6:16-19 These six things the Lord hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him. A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that are swift in running to evil, A false witness who speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren). so there it is, do you still feel it was his own "perception"? peace
Old 25-05-2018, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited
I would agree with your conclusion of observations barrynu. As Taneli said, there are Bible quotes to confirm he is Love that far outweigh any that speak otherwise and it is sometimes nice to quote them, however, personal experience often speaks the message a lot more clearer. Jesus would often use personal experience and stories to explain what he is saying instead of just throwing scriptures at people.

Jesus said that : "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

God bless.

Sorry to disagree but little children can be little monster I have plenty of them in my Family.
The children in the parable were ' brought and carried ' to Jesus so they must have been babies which makes more sense, to me anyway. I think it's all about the helplessness of babies that Jesus is referring to. Just my opinion of course