Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Closed Thread

Old 31-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Mick in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
.. there are many Christian mediums..

Ha ha ha, I see now you've got a great sense of humour :)
The Bible strictly forbids mediums, and it therefore follows that any medium can't be a Christian :)
Old 31-08-2006, 11:48 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick in England
Ha ha ha, I see now you've got a great sense of humour :)
The Bible strictly forbids mediums, and it therefore follows that any medium can't be a Christian :)

Maybe they are open-minded Christians!
Old 01-09-2006, 03:43 AM
BLAIR2BE

Mick,
Its Invalid To Say Christians can't Be Mediums.
Christianity warns Against Mediumship And The Like, Because For Christians, This may Lead Followers Down A Path Opposit Of Christian Morals And Away From God (this Is True For Anyone - Any Of Us Could Follow A Dark Path, If We Chose To). But I Have Never Read A Passage That Forbids Anything. For Christians (and All Of Man) Are Given Free Will.

**if Mediumship Has Been Forbidden, A Preacher Is Probably The One Who Forbade It, And That Would Be Inappropriate For A Man To Speak For The Christian Version Of God
I Have Not Read The Entire Bible, So If You Can Direct Me To A Passage That Forbids Mediumship, I Will Eat My Words.

-SERENITY AND LOVE
Old 01-09-2006, 11:00 AM
violetmay

If I am alone whether concentrating or just chilling.. I hear a phone ring and the callers voice before they call.. I know the phone didn't ring really, but know to expect a call.

Ref your callers.. this was a calling card saying your family were on their way home, IMO. I don't think it is anything evil.

I've heard car engines, bike engines, and a gate open, the dog has sat up waiting for the visitor, no-one comes until half an hour later.. it is a warning or notice that someone is on their way home. If you have pets, watch them when a family member is due home, they will get up and listen, and start, and sit down all confused.. it is because they feel them near.

I am not negating your views...

Ref demons.... unsure if that is right word I'd use, and the devil.. again unsure.. but there are good and bad souls in life and in death. they say old nick was a fallen angel, perhaps...

Yes bad people dead or alive will try friendly means to seduce you into letting them in, if you let them. But e.g.. my current director, was introduced to us. He is goodlooking, flirty, charming, offering solutions to situations the other women were all over him, 'isn't he nice' they beamed and fell under his charm.

I was terrified... even though is very good looking and smiley, I shook his hand, looked into his eyes and wanted to run out of room. His eyes locked with mine, and I saw exactly who he is and what he wants. He was mocking us, doing the necessary meet and greet, inside it was a means to an end. He looked evil and scary.

I felt the phrase wolf in sheeps clothing come to mind.

No-one told him I'd said it. He called me for a meeting, I was trying to resign. He looked me in the eye and said, 'I know you think I am a wolf in sheeps clothing'. I asked who had told, and only one person knew. she is loyal. He said, 'no matter', we worked out the issue of the meeting I did not leave. As he got up to leave I joked, 'maybe not a wolf in sheeps clothing', he turned around and flashed a smile, and said, 'how do you know? you may just be right.'

From then on I put a white protective shield at my door and around my things and myself and my colleagues. He rarely sets foot in the office now, and if he needs to speak to me hovers in the door way and says his peice and leaves.

He might not be the devil.. but he had intentions that have since come to light that a sheep would not have done.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Mick in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAIR2BE
Mick,
Its Invalid To Say Christians can't Be Mediums.

Christians follow the Bible.
Therefore if somebody doesn't follow the Bible he isn't a Christian, even if he calls himself one.
For example if he's a medium, astrologer, spiritualist etc, (or consults them), he's disobeying the Bible and is therefore not a Christian -

"Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the Lord your God." (Lev 19:31)
God says:-"I will set my face against the person who turns to mediums and spiritists" (Lev 20:6)
"Saul expelled the mediums and spiritists from the land." (1 Sam 28:3)
"Josiah got rid of the mediums and spiritists and idols and all the other abominations." (2 Kings 23:24)
"He stargazed and used spells and witchcraft,and spoke to demons and wizards,he did much evil in the sight of the Lord" (2 Chron 33:6)
"When men tell you to consult mediums and spiritists, who whisper and mutter, should not a people inquire of their God? Why consult the dead on behalf of the living?" (Isaiah 8:19)
Old 01-09-2006, 04:21 PM
violetmay

I've read this thread from start to finish... and have a feeling, (just a normal feeling), that mick perhaps may be playing devils advocate for his own amusement and does not appear to be receptive of the diverse aspects of this forum. In fact it's as if he registered to challenge this forum.

I have seen this on other forums, where people join for their own reasons other than they have some empathy with it, and then go on another forum to report 'what fun they are having' stirring up the folk on this or that forum.

I think I will cease from replying to his posts and if they appear antagonisitic would advise others to do the same. We are simply playing an argument game with him here, a polite one, but every reply someone has given has met with the same stance, one that a christian would not be a medium, and he is clearly devout christian and a fearful one, and a startrek fan.

I feel this forum is for polite, healthy and friendly discussion, not a place for sorting out the christians from the non... there are other christianity based forums where mick will meet no objections.

Please mick if you are playing, or have come to this site believing it to be a another type, and not one where we are psychics and believers of a range of faiths, can you stop playing devils advocate, and play nicely as we are nice here from what I've seen, or find another forum where you will meet more like minded folk of you own design.

This is not meant with any malice, but your negativity is very provoative and not very nice. You could make some friends on here.. it's a nice place can we keep it that way.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:28 PM
violetmay

I see he is now banned.. so could have saved my pinkies there... think we have been what is called in the forum game.. had. how sad.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:41 PM
lumas

Hi violetmay although i am glad that we dont have to endure the bad feeling that mick in England was putting across i feel sympathy for mick and all people who are kept from the truth by what is written in the bible. there are so many who are very spiritualy aware but believe they are being tempted by the devil/demons just for thinking about anything that is written outside the scope of the bible we must pray that someone gets through to them.

ONE DAY THE ALL KNOWING WILL INHERIT THE EARTH GOD BLESS YOU ALL....

Last edited by lumas : 01-09-2006 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:23 PM
violetmay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumas
Hi violetmay although i am glad that we dont have to endure the bad feeling that mick in England was putting across i feel sympathy for mick and all people who are kept from the truth by what is written in the bible. there are so many who are very spiritualy aware but believe they are being tempted by the devil/demons just for thinking about anything that is written outside the scope of the bible we must prey that someone gets through to them.

ONE DAY THE ALL KNOWING WILL INHERIT THE EARTH GOD BLESS YOU ALL....

Yes, that is right... I hope I didn't come accross as unsympathetic, and am aware that people think tarot is the gateway to the devil.. so if he has been lead to feel this it is sad. But I just felt there was an element of stir it up, maybe a bit jaded from other forums who think it's fun to do that. Or the element of an internet warrior... but I do wish him well... and hope his fears are overcome and he is open to change.xx
Old 05-09-2006, 01:28 AM
BLAIR2BE

Color

The Issue With Christian Dogma Is That The Scripture Has Been Re- Translated And Re-edited With The Whim Of Every Passing King Of The Old Age. So What Is Supposed To Be Viewed As God's Word Has Been Tainted By Fallible, And Many Times, Corrupt Man (ill Go No Further Because Everyone Here Seems To Have A Good Grasp On That). Mick May Have Felt Righttious With His Comments. He Represents A World Of Black And White (absolutely Wrong And Absolutly Right) That We Live In. I Was Raised Within A Christian Family; Some Aspects Of Religious Dogma are Frightening. The Thought (as A Child) Of Going To A Burning Hell For All Eternity For Not Following <elledged> God's Word And Decree Is, Well, Scary. Southern Baptist Teaches That In Heaven One Will Spend All Of Eternity At The Feat Of God In Praise And Worship- This Idea To Me Sounds More "accult" Than The Accult.
It Does Require Stregnth And Courage To Overcome Such Mental Conditioning. I Hope That People Will Begin To Realize That the religionless are Not Godless Beasts. And That In Fact The God We Speak Of Here Transcends The "he" And The "his". That God Is "bigger" Than Trumpets And Streets Of Gold And Thrones (may Have Sounded Good In, Say... The 6th Century):>)!

Last edited by BLAIR2BE : 05-09-2006 at 01:31 AM.
Closed Thread