Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

Old 19-03-2012, 10:55 AM
10C

I found that cooking fresh non-processed food, and baking my own whole wheat bread, has made a great difference for me. I gave up on anything pre-cooked. I seem to have more energy and my skin and digestion is better. As far as protein goes, I use cheese, milk, eggs, yogurt, and fish as the main sources. I include lots of organic vegtables and at least one fruit a day. I like to coat the fish with crushed almonds and garlic, dill, then add butter and lemon then bake covered in the oven.
I often have a glass of red wine at night with dinner, but no sugary desserts. I still have a cup of coffee in the morning with my toasted bread.
Old 19-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
I was a vegetarian for many years, almost a vegan. I cannot eat certain foods. I don't do well on legumes or beef or cow's dairy or gluten.

However, like the Dalai Lama & others :) -- and this is the only way I compare myself to him -- I have found that the best diet for me physically, mentally & emotionally...
and thus spiritually...includes some fish and animal protein.

I could live on a diet that included large amounts of eggs, fish and other dairy, and still technically call myself vegetarian (many do just this),
but I live better and on less with a diet that includes some meat. And good fats. Fat free diets should be banned (LOL).

Having said that, humane free-range & organic small-scale farming should be adopted globally, and meat consumption in general should be reduced in the first world.

I understand your position but I think there is a spectrum of dietary choices and as long as we move in the right direction consciously, we have made progress.

peace & blessings,
7L

You can't be a vegetarian if you eat fish... Dairy/eggs yes, but fish, no.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 19-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritmessenger
I have gone onto an all raw food diet and it's wonderful...veg, fruits, nuts, seeds, pulses. You get everything you need.... plus you can loose weight eat as much as you like, it's quick and easy and it's so so good for the body. It naturally detoxes the body of free radicals and chemicals, so your body can work more like it was deigned to do.

After years of eating cooked food fish, meat, dairy, junk food, chemicals thats added, our body organs just slow down trying to work digesting all the rubbish we eat. Any thing we eat that is processed/ cooked looses most of it's nutrients, it's dead food that clogs up our organs and archeries. Thats why we grow old, tired and fat before our time. The problem is all our cultures have taught us how we should eat so it's in us from babies, that's why most people can't get their head around eating anything raw.
After going raw I don't suffer from mood swings, depression, I take no tablets at all for my fibromyalgia or anything else I have more energy....plus it's all light food, meaning it has the sunshine, vitamins, minerals from the ground all natures gifts, spiritual food, meaning no animals have suffered.
Do some research on the net about raw food diets and the benefits.

This post says it all, 'no animals have suffered'. For those who are genuinely on the Path, living without being party to cruelty, exploitation and bloodshed is the righteous way - and the only way.
Peace and love to ALL.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:30 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainsAndSewingMachines
Ahh, this made me hungry :P....

Me too! haha

I tried going vegetarian for many months and it went well. I still ate eggs and fish and enjoyed it. I didn't really notice any crazy transitions because I already don't eat much meat in general. However, even though I am not vegetarian now, I eat better now than I ever have.

I am studying to be a naturopath and I can say it all depends on what works best for you! It is true that if you want to be more spiritually attuned, your body must be attuned to health as well.

She was unstoppable. Not because she did not have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them. -Beau Taplin
Old 05-04-2012, 08:54 AM
MaliMarie

Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Angelz... I feel our dietary needs are quite individual. I also was strict vegetarian for some years and was out of balance many ways. After I began eating eggs and fish my energies became more stable, and my spiritual progress improved as well.

I suggest you try out different foods and find out what is right for you.

Xan

I agree... I can't drink milk or eat eggs..They throw me off balance..so much so I almost get physically ill. I can't eat a lot of fish or meat in general. I'm practically a vegan because everything else makes me sick lol. It all depends on you. We are still human. Each of us are different.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Crystalline_Lilly

I been feeling like lately idk if its allergies I have to meat but I get all stomach cramps like and itchy after I eat meat. I wonder I feel like my angels and guides are pushing me to pescaterian diet with moderation of chicken. How do you eat in the light though what foods are there thats light?
Old 10-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Master

Putting the compassionate aspect to one side for the moment, meat lowers the body's vibrations. Whereas pure foods, in particular fruit (esp. berries/currants) nuts and seeds raise the body's vibrations, making us psychically and spiritually more receptive.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:16 AM
Newfreedom9

I would stay away from Tofu anyway if I were you (or at least only eat in moderation). Simply because it's made from soy which is one of the biggest GMO crops, plus it can mess with your hormones. You really don't need to eat it to be vegetarian, I certainly never have.

I too am being lead to change my diet and eat more raw food. I went all raw for several days for a detox, and I really love it. I think I'm going to keep eating a lot of raw stuff, cause I just feel better. And to answer your question Lilly, I would say that raw food would be light food.