Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 08-05-2017, 09:08 AM
Newbie ;)

How does the law of attraction work?

I've been exploring the loa for some time and I'm wondering how I can manifest things into my life.if I want to manifest a relationship and good mental healt, what do I do?
Old 08-05-2017, 02:33 PM
Master
Hi,

My understanding is that we can evolve our general outlook on life and set our expectations accordingly.

When we actually expect good health and that relationship we deserve, it will happen.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 08-05-2017, 02:42 PM
Read a lot of threads all the way through here and in the Manifesting area.

Especially, read those that are successful at it!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-05-2017, 09:09 AM
Lorelyen

Keep it practical and don't be as naive as to believe that like attracts like.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:35 AM
Of course, like attracts like.

Experiment...be grouchy and complaining for a week...to all around you
and in your thoughts. Get mad at everything...see what it attracts.

Following week...smile at everyone, think kind and positive thoughts...
flow with whatever happens..keep a smile on your face.
See what happens.

That is the great thing about this...you can see the results.
Does that mean your dog will never die or a friend will not
get cancer, no.

Will it take a bit more than a week to really see results? Maybe.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-05-2017, 12:02 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Of course, like attracts like.

Of course it doesn't. You're saying that two identical poles of a magnet attract?
You're saying that electrons attract electrons? Electricity wouldn't work were that the case!
That female will attract female?
I don't think so.

You'll find plenty of talk on this forum about energy. It doesn't attract like. As potential energy it awaits the chance to flow.... but it can't flow into the same level of potential energy. It becomes kinetic and flows or transforms to fill an opposite or emptiess.

This like attracts like thing was peddled by a certain author who called himself an MD but who was taken apart by a journalist/adept who concluded, based on contradictions that he certainly didn't believe what he was telling others they should believe! Thankfully his books have receded into the twilight along with the Lobsang Rampa, I'm told. He doesn't sell these days. Still, he's pretty wealthy anyway - a good lesson in like doesn't attract like - it attracted the unwary!

Old 02-07-2017, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Miss Hepburn: Of course, like attracts like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Of course it doesn't.
You're saying that two identical poles of a magnet attract?
You're saying that electrons attract electrons?
Electricity wouldn't work were that the case.
You'll find plenty of talk on this forum about energy. It doesn't attract like.
I just saw this post last night. I had 2 initial thoughts pass thru my mind...
One was, Is Lorelyen's goal in this section to discredit LOA completely...similar to an atheist on a Christian thread?
Is it, Lorelyen?

2nd was...No, I am not saying the same poles of a magnet attract.
Doesn't she see we are talking about 2 diff systems?

Then, I thought, '2 diff systems?!"....How the heck could I ever explain that one!!
So, I went on a google search for help...and is there ever a number of explanations from many people on 'What is this like attracts like thing,
when we have the obvious magnet phenomenon...and many mention electrons, too!

This is what I found: So much cobblety-gook, with so much high brow scientific talk that went completely over my head, with
people thinking what they were saying was able to be understood!!

The closest I came to understanding this thing was that LOA is more like music and harmonics...
than poles.
That, I understood better, at least, because I play cello and piano..strings were in the examples...but still hard for me to 'get'.
(Tuning forks were used by another person!)
Then, another concept tried to explain how a magnet was seeking to be 'whole'...
so we shouldn't look at it exactly as 'attracting an opposite'....Huh?

So, I will not even attempt to explain why like attracts like or how or
how our core beliefs,
(not simply our positive, wishful thinking, mind you) do attract our circumstances.

BUT, if I come across some understandable explanation I will present it here some day.
I won't copy/paste anything if I can't even understand the mumbo-jumbo.

Old 30-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
That female will attract female?

Yeah lesbians <3
Old 06-06-2017, 06:46 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeldeck87
I've been exploring the loa for some time and I'm wondering how I can manifest things into my life.if I want to manifest a relationship and good mental healt, what do I do?

hi me and my little brother both are working upon loa from past 3 year, interestingly younger get more thing than me he is always is with frequency of loa . but both of us experience say that loa work better when there is my will involve rather than other. eg. i wanted a laptop n universe provide me with exact configuration i listed in my notepad. but when i want some one be with me ..universe is taking time because another is not completely committed to me. it is his will ...which want to maintain distance relationship.
so my ans is you may attract nice mentle health but you attract relationship it may be tricky...because here universe need to see other's acknowledgement too
you should use loa for your improvement this may help to attract nice relationship.
Old 18-06-2017, 12:22 PM
Ascender

There's been plenty of times that I smiled at people and they gave me the stink eye back, or I am upset, and someone comes along and helps me.

There are 2 things about loa meant to mislead us
1) like attracts like
2) we have total control over everything

They say we have total control by like attracting like, but there is also your life path and destiny.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"