Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 05-11-2018, 10:57 AM
Master

Things I learned from Pisces Moon (a nostalgic reflection / invitation to practice)

I haven't seen her around the forums in ages, nor have I been able to get in contact with her

Hope she's okay!

I thought it would be really nice to share some of the wonderful things I learned from Pisces, who was far and away my senior in terms of tarot experience, yet endlessly encouraging and so free with her praise. I plan to trickle out the lessons progressively, so please feel free to engage in the thread and post up your own practice readings as we go.

A quick note that Pisces and I definitely share a similar 'style' - and if it's not your cup of tea, no worries :)

Lesson 1:
"There are no rules!"

My personal favourite (and possibly the first thing that drew Pisces and I together) was our shared disregard for any sort of dictionary-esque tarot card definitions. If it sounded like it was out of a book, it was out - unless we were reading over it for academic purposes (rare). Copying and pasting from the internet was bleugh. "Positive cards" and "Negative cards" didn't exist - there is only what you felt from the card at that particular moment in time. With this in mind, traditionally 'scary' cards like The Devil or The Tower could be incredibly positive; and similarly, traditionally positive cards like 9 of Cups and The Star could have negative connotations. There were no limitations, which felt incredibly freeing - and eventually opened up the doors to a much more intuitive-based reading style.

Tarot prompt (beginner-friendly): Pull a random card (your choice of deck). Ignoring any pre-conceived 'definition' of the card, what do you think the card is trying to say to you at this moment, if it could speak?
Old 05-11-2018, 02:29 PM
Master

Thank you for starting this thread. I miss Pisces Moon too.
I have been working towards developing this style of reading after being inspired by some people on this forum.
I pulled out the Shadow/Moon card from the Psychic Tarot deck. I usually do not understand or like this card much but tried to see it as you suggested.
What I saw was two people holding a staff while facing each other. The man on the left seems like a shadow or reflection of the one on the right. The words inner work and delving deep within the self jumped at me. I get the message for myself that I have been working with my inner mind and shadow self, my semi conscious fears and hang ups and assumptions. They no longer scare me r make me uncomfortable as they used to I seem to be coming to a place of detached observation and acceptance. The man on the left seems to say that it will resurface, this project of shadow self work whenever I need it in the future as well But for now there seems to be a place of balance and acceptance of the self.

That's what I got
Old 05-11-2018, 02:53 PM
Ha, I was drawn to this topic because so many friends and myself have a Pisces Moon...
and for some reason Pisces women are all over my life...friends, co-workers.
LOL Whassup with THAT?! So hello, everyone.... Continiue on...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-11-2018, 10:05 PM
Seeker

As a Pisces sun I can confirm we tend to overthrow all rules and structures in favor of our intuition. I do my Tarot readings the same way.

And if you think about it, it makes sense. The cards itself hold no magic. The magic is within the message you read into them at the particular moment you pull them. Its supposed to work like a divine mirror.

Another thing I have noticed when reviewing old readings, a pulled card can get a whole new depth of understanding, since you're at a different point in your personal development.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:26 AM
Deactivated Account

I am a Pisces Rising. I suppose that indicates my 'personality' is that of a Pisces to the outside world, at least on the surface. Oh don't be fooled ... Stubborn Cappy to the bone here

Anywho, I wanted to say great thread, I learned a great deal from Pisces Moon as well. I agree her knowledge was infectious and aw inspiring, every tarot deck she owned I wanted too! At any case, she is missed, and I wish her best in her path wherever she is.

I haven't purchased tarot or oracle cards in months. I am on an unintentional break, just really busy! I have also sold half my collection, I am making room for new decks for 2019 however, right now the itch to play hasn't really been there for me. Maybe 2019 will bring a little inspiration back
Old 06-11-2018, 05:32 AM
Deactivated Account

Anyone want to take a guess on what this tarot card is? Terrible coloring, It's not a deck easily available in the market so there isn't pics of it on google.

My take; I see a very girly soft and timid individual ( I guess youthful is the word I am looking for). There is water/waves in the back, so emotions are tapped in. Butterflies are pouring out of a cup, for me butterflies are about transformation and transmuting. I think to me this card that I got twice is about opening up emotionally and allowing creative energy to be released. A need of emotional mobility. I just moved across country so there is a slow opening up process I am going through, I feel the card shows this well. If it could speak to me it would say energy is moving into a 'positive' or affirmative direction, and the potential to grow and expand is there, because her eyes are closed I get a sense of also opening your eyes to it all (i.e. possibilities/creative energy/growth)

Feel free to guess what the card is.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:13 AM
Master

Cup? check. Crown? check. First guess Queen of Cups, but could also be a Page/Princess of Cups? :)
Old 06-11-2018, 06:19 AM
Master

Lesson 2:
"If you're not using reversals, you're not using the full deck"

One of the other things I really liked about Pisces was that she is really into using the deck - what I consider 'the full deck', reversals included. Without any 'good' or 'bad' cards (and this lady was REALLY not afraid of shadow work, but more on that in another lesson!), again it laid the foundation for a very freeing way of reading tarot... I've always felt that excluding reversals 'truncates' the vocabulary available to a tarot deck, although there were a few decks she only read upright (I think they were mostly oracle decks though). I always felt the option of using reversals gave extra depth to a reading, even if the message was sometimes a proverbial slap to the face, haha! (the tarot deck is sometimes like a beloved best friend or family member - they'll tell you what you need to hear and won't always sugar-coat the message!) I liked that we were both very united in encouraging as many people as possible to not fear reversals.

Tarot prompt: (beginner friendly)
Ask the cards for a positive message as revealed in a reversed card. Pull a card - if it's upright, reverse it.

What does the card say to you?
Old 13-12-2019, 02:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
I haven't seen her around the forums in ages, nor have I been able to get in contact with her

Hope she's okay!

I thought it would be really nice to share some of the wonderful things I learned from Pisces, who was far and away my senior in terms of tarot experience, yet endlessly encouraging and so free with her praise. I plan to trickle out the lessons progressively, so please feel free to engage in the thread and post up your own practice readings as we go.

A quick note that Pisces and I definitely share a similar 'style' - and if it's not your cup of tea, no worries :)

Lesson 1:
"There are no rules!"

My personal favourite (and possibly the first thing that drew Pisces and I together) was our shared disregard for any sort of dictionary-esque tarot card definitions. If it sounded like it was out of a book, it was out - unless we were reading over it for academic purposes (rare). Copying and pasting from the internet was bleugh. "Positive cards" and "Negative cards" didn't exist - there is only what you felt from the card at that particular moment in time. With this in mind, traditionally 'scary' cards like The Devil or The Tower could be incredibly positive; and similarly, traditionally positive cards like 9 of Cups and The Star could have negative connotations. There were no limitations, which felt incredibly freeing - and eventually opened up the doors to a much more intuitive-based reading style.

Tarot prompt (beginner-friendly): Pull a random card (your choice of deck). Ignoring any pre-conceived 'definition' of the card, what do you think the card is trying to say to you at this moment, if it could speak?

Hear, hear! (to Pisces Moon).

I had a go at this and pulled The Tower from Tarot of Haunted House

It tells me I've got a splitting headache, such that my head feels like it's ready to explode
Old 13-12-2019, 02:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily

Hope she's okay!

Lesson 1:
"There are no rules!"

May I use an online deck?