Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 13-12-2010, 03:59 AM
xxKatt

Desperately looking for insight.

For the past few weeks I have been practicing astral projection every night after everyone is asleep. Last night I think I came close to separating. The feeling I encountered was similar to one I had as a child. When I was a child I believe I was able to encounter the other side or what have you as I had many paranormal experiences. So as a young adult now I have decided to attempt to develop the gift and I thought astral projection would be a great way to start. I have always had vivid dreams and remembered them completely so I thought it was a good place to explore. Last night there was a sensation in my body like I was two bodies on top of each other and I could only feel half a sensation in each. It felt as though my psychical body was underwater or a sheet of plywood. Is this normal at all?

Eventually after about 30 mins in this state I gave up and turned over to sleep. However my dreams we're strange in the sense they had a different feeling. I was having 30 second dreams where I would fall asleep but something would jar me out of the dream and every time I awoke scared. Now after about the third time, I'm not sure if I was fully asleep yet, I heard someone yell my name and the voice echoed afterwards. It jarred me out of sleep and absolutely terrified me to the point that I was muffling my coughs and didn't want to get up to use the washroom because I was certain there was a presence human or other worldly in my house. I eventually rose to use the bathroom but when I got up it felt as though my mind and body we're not completely aligned because my sight was vibrating and my body felt extremely heavy. I checked the house and my family was sound asleep and there was nobody there. So I went back to bed and about an hour later I awoke to the sound of my laptop turning on. The strange thing about that is I hadn't touched it and it was closed.

So naturally I'm a little confused and unnerved and would greatly appreciate any insight or comforting words :)
Old 13-12-2010, 04:38 AM
Master
Katt... Yes, feeling two bodies is a good beginning point for astral projection.

You're describing the confusing perceptions and feelings of the in-between state... not fully in your body and not really out either.

Practicing for 30 minutes at a time is good, but you need to have a grounding period afterwards so the 'between' phase doesn't linger. Walk around, rub your feet, breathe down in your belly and down into the earth, eat or drink a little something, talk to someone for a few minutes. Then when you go to bed you'll go more into sleep than this other stuff.

Next time you practice, have a target spot in your home chosen that you'll go to once your bodies separate, such as the doorway to your room or some other very familiar image. Then just go there.

Once you're comfortable with this, you can choose other further targets, people or explorations.

Xan

Old 13-12-2010, 05:15 AM
xxKatt

Thank You Xan. Your insight is much appreciated.
Old 13-12-2010, 05:24 AM
supernova

It could be beter if you would start by introducing yourself. After all we are a big extended family coming from different parts of the universe. In fact formal introduction is of no use when we compare it with our real natures.

Your are experiencing something different and this is otherworldliness and that gets us closer and closer to who we are
Old 13-12-2010, 05:44 AM
xxKatt

I will try that if it happens again. It's difficult not to be afraid of it.
Old 13-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Master
Of course there is fear... in the beginning, Katt. Just accept that it's temporary and go on through to the other side.

Xan

Old 13-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Shadowside

xan's right grounding yourself to the physical it prevents reaching the in between state.

In my first year of trying to astral project I did the same thing, went right to bed after a session. I had actually managed to project into a nearby wooded area. I decided that i deserved some rest so I just turned over and fell asleep. Worst idea evar. I got hung in between astral projection and a dream, but about 5 min into the dream (just estimating) it warped into a nightmare that I couldn't wake up from. I was being chased in the woods by something i couldn't see, then the dream would shift, And I would be the creature chasing myself, this went on for awhile until eventually I was caught in the dream and torn apart. That's when I woke up.
staring at my ceiling I heard the front door open and slam. (I lived in the basement) I gathered up my courage and crept up stairs with a baseball bat, I was sure someone had broken into our home, so i checked room to room looking for the guy. I got to my younger brothers room (he was away on camp) and i opened the door, I then heard something behind me. I swirled around and was face to face with the creature from earlier. Then I truly woke up. Let's just say that now I always stayed up an extra hour after an astral projection.
Old 13-12-2010, 07:57 PM
xxKatt

Yes I took time in between my session and sleep last night. It was much more comfortable. I also started making it more ritualistic. I made sure my area was clear and the space I was in was danger free. I also burned some Nag Champa to create a more personally comfortable environment. I was curious if incense can aid in projection or not?
Old 13-12-2010, 08:07 PM
xxKatt

I was also curious about any effective mantras that you may know. I suppose I created my own the first time I did it with no plan. I repeat in my head "calm the heart, calm the mind" until my heart rate drops and my mind relaxes. Then I address every part of my body to make sure my body is entirely relaxed still repeating "calm the heart, calm the mind" and then I mentally warm every part of my body. That's just what i've been doing any suggestions?
Old 13-12-2010, 08:07 PM
bilko

xxkatt
Everytime i want to practice i tell my guides and they wake me up during the night! I think the idea is that one time my body will still be sleeping. The one time i managed it, my higher self spoke to me.
Probably the same with you, its your higher self or guide waiting around for you. After all you have given the intent to practice.
You have to tell them yes or no before you go to sleep.
thats what i do as well as " no funny leg please" I get pains in my leg at night sometimes, pain like i never knew was possible if my feet get too warm but that is something else.