Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 04-02-2017, 10:01 AM
Master
I believe we choose to incarnate and choose everything about it, in other words we plan thouroughly details like race, country, parents, physical bodies, gender, siblings, etc. We plan our incarnation with our soul groups like a rehearsal of a play, which is life on earth. But we do not see all the details about our planned life. When we come to earth we forget everything and start from a clean slate which is our subconscious mind.
Old 04-02-2017, 12:25 PM
Master
it's, no doubt comforting, to believe one plans it all out in advance, has control over the circumstances of one's birth and subsequent life, that the world and the universe somehow move in accordance to one's personal will.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:34 PM
Deactivated Account
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
So after reading multiple NDEs I noticed that it was being said that before we were born we all made the decision to incarnate on Earth and become physical. I wouldn't have any trouble believing that concept if it weren't for the fact that I most likely would NOT have chosen to be here if I knew what my life was going to be like. Or are some of us forced to incarnate as ''punishment'' for something or to be forcefully taught?
Just offering my current knowledge, beliefs and OPINIONS.
I believe that, while in or as Spirit, we do not see what happens in the physical plane as bad, hard, painful, frightening or negative and may view things "over here" as an adventure or an opportunity to learn or accomplish something so I eagerly chose to come here and have a ball or learn something but do not know, for now, what any of that was before I came here. When my mom crossed over and visited us right afterwards, she said that she'd be happy to "do it all again" which surprised me as I thought she's\d NEVER want to come here again after the rotten life she had lived! I realized that, from her happy, pleasant "spiritual" perspective, this may have seemed like Wonderland to her!
So, while we may see our life and world as HELL, it may look like Disney Land to Spirit.
I also believe Spirit knows that nothing 'bad' can ever happen to it in this physical plane which is really a dream compared to the reality of the Spirit realm.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:06 AM
Deactivated Account
I'm gonna have to disagree with some of you here. Some people go through hell their entire life and live a lonely miserable existence, so yea makes sense why people would choose to come to Earth to live a useless life like that. No one plans everything out before their birth, otherwise I might as well made myself president of the U.S.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:23 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
Just offering my current knowledge, beliefs and OPINIONS.
I believe that, while in or as Spirit, we do not see what happens in the physical plane as bad, hard, painful, frightening or negative and may view things "over here" as an adventure or an opportunity to learn or accomplish something so I eagerly chose to come here and have a ball or learn something but do not know, for now, what any of that was before I came here. When my mom crossed over and visited us right afterwards, she said that she'd be happy to "do it all again" which surprised me as I thought she's\d NEVER want to come here again after the rotten life she had lived! I realized that, from her happy, pleasant "spiritual" perspective, this may have seemed like Wonderland to her!
So, while we may see our life and world as HELL, it may look like Disney Land to Spirit.
I also believe Spirit knows that nothing 'bad' can ever happen to it in this physical plane which is really a dream compared to the reality of the Spirit realm.

Hmmm...that's different...thanks for telling us this...!! When I had my NDE and I was in that spiritual plane, I was so very saddened to learn I had to come back to this existence. I've read/heard the same thing in many NDE stories. Yet, I'm of the opinion that in a NDE situation the spirit is still connected to the ego. Some say there's a "silver thread" that once a spirit makes the final journey and the physical body is truly dead, that silver thread is severed. So, what we perceive in a NDE is still influenced by the ego. So it may be that when the spirit is finally free of the ego, our perception of this plane can be quite different. That would explain the difference in your mom's perception and those of many NDErs. So, your story about your mom's spirit's perception of this life does makes sense and for me affirms that the idea of a "silver thread" is indeed plausible.
Thanks again, jimrich...!
Old 05-02-2017, 02:48 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
I'm gonna have to disagree with some of you here. Some people go through hell their entire life and live a lonely miserable existence, so yea makes sense why people would choose to come to Earth to live a useless life like that. No one plans everything out before their birth, otherwise I might as well made myself president of the U.S.

What would be the point, if everybody would be presidents of u.s.? That is not possible, not in single incarnation.

Somebody got to do dirty work, so others can experience their position. This is, where it is visible, that everything is as it should be. Where my question lies is, how can you make a difference? On which level of existence you can do change?

Some have planned this life and other are thrown into this life, so that what is(was) planned can be achieved. Everyone has its own role, one likes it, others doesn't. But this is how it is. This is my current opinion, i realised i can change very quickly, when i see something new.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:06 PM
Master
if one's life needs a reason one will find it. if one's life need an explanation one will be concocted. personal reality is only as malleable as the belief structure allows.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:26 PM
Master
The general esoteric teaching on this matter: We decide in spirit whether to incarnate, and for what soul lessons, based on our karmic soul contracts. We choose our parents and siblings, even some friends and especially childhood friends. Past that we live that life, and over the course of that life we create new karmic soul contracts. So yes, everyone absolutely chooses to be here. While the human being might experience it as hell on earth, the soul-spirit self knows that even a difficult life is worthwhile in that all of it advances our soul evolution.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
This is the truth I know. I studied spiritual literature that outlines this same reality, and it was instrumental in unburdening my soul in this lifetime. I was brought up believing life and "God" were somehow against me and judging me... talk about debilitating, soul-killing beliefs.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:28 PM
Master
Quote:
So after reading multiple NDEs I noticed that it was being said that before we were born we all made the decision to incarnate on Earth and become physical. I wouldn't have any trouble believing that concept if it weren't for the fact that I most likely would NOT have chosen to be here if I knew what my life was going to be like. Or are some of us forced to incarnate as ''punishment'' for something or to be forcefully taught?
I did not choose to be here either. If I did, I would be the most masochistic creature alive. I had no choice and no say in the matter and I resent that. This birth is a punishment for me and there's nobody out there that will be able to convince me otherwise because my mind has been firmly made up about it due to circumstance and experience.