Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 30-08-2016, 10:00 AM
Master
The Moving Car Dream

I dreamt I was in some place like a school and it was busy but I was with adults. I got into my car intending to drive it but I couldn't and I ended up falling asleep inside. Then my car started to move bit by bit and at some point I fell into a deep sleep and when I woke up my car was in a different place altogether that looked like a field. I could feel myself reaching for the pedals because the car was moving but I couldn't. I felt like the car was gonna fall into a ditch and I could not stop it but in the end it did not fall. My mother came and found me sleeping and asked me why I was sleeping and I did not come and join them in the field. I said I slept because I was fatigued and I had no control over it. She asked what food did I make for them and I said nothing since I was asleep the whole time. She was irritated and so was I. She left and made food within 2 minutes she was finished and it came out so perfect and I was grateful.

I will be grateful for your insights and views.
Old 30-08-2016, 12:42 PM
Experiencer
What may be most important is tuning in with what you feel this dream may mean? What were the themes of the feelings you felt, and your first gut instincts about the messages your unconscious may be communicating (if that's what you believe).

What stands out to me (but may not be relevant for you), is:

In your dream you fell asleep, a car took you somewhere and it was worrying (you may fall in a ditch) but you were safe, and arrived in what may (depending on how you view it be a relaxed, safe, beautiful space, where though people re irritated by your lack of food preparation, you were taken care of, nourished, and thankful.

Control/responsibility: do you crave a letting go of control/responsibility? Do you have a worry, or feel burdened by responsibilities, (feel fatigued) and tasks you must do to take care of yourself to reach your highest potential? Do you feel it may come easier to others, is it more natural for others? Do you have a wanting for a rest/break, and to be taken care of for a bit?

In schools as children/young people though we are working towards preparing ourselves for the future, we are still dictated schedules, lead by others, have a sense of "anything is possible" (maybe), but still have to follow instructions, deadlines, etc.

Again this may not feel like it fits for you! Just some initial thoughts. You will know yourself and your dreams better than anyone else.

Warm wishes,
TrainsAndSewingMachines
Old 31-08-2016, 12:48 PM
Master
Thank you very much for your insights, they make sense to me and I will take your advise and meditate further on this and see what comes out.
Old 31-08-2016, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator
Without realizing it (sleeping) you may be giving up control of your life to others. We can become conformers in life doing what others ask of us without ever questioning it but then we wind up losing a bit of ourselves in the process, doing things and going places out of obligation as opposed to desire. Our authentic self winds up being tied to how others view the world and when others ask us to have an opinion (food for thought) we are blank and don't have one because we are not tuned into our own beliefs, needs or desires. this can at times irritate others and especially ourselves. So maybe take a look at how you respond to others. Do you tend to let others take the lead, have the upper hand, be the ones in charge? This dream is trying to alert you to the fact that you may not be in charge of your own life and it may be draining your life energy.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:53 AM
Master
Thanks Michelle, I will definitely look into that.