Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 05-05-2015, 11:13 PM
Pathfinder

Favourite Spread(s)

What is your favourite spread(s)???

Yes, I'm aware that there are different spreads for different questions and aspects of life but in general... Which spreads do you feel the most connected to?
Old 06-05-2015, 04:44 AM
Everly

I create my own. I only used spreads developed by others when I was first learning. I've since come to believe that the reader should do her/his own thing with spreads and interpretations.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:18 AM
KaidaMidnight

I do various spreads, but I tend to keep them small, usually if I'm reading for me, which is not very often, I will do three card, for qeurants I will do a bigger spread, like you say it depends on the situation...

Some of my favourites are the horseshoe spread, the choices spread and the three card.. As Everly has said, I too sometimes make my own.. Another firm favourite is the guidance spread, it has 5 positional meanings just in a vertical layout, very simple, usually I put my own positional meanings in, depending on the situation at hand..
I prefer a defined spread, with positional meanings, and a question, that way I can give succinct readings... But I also like reading freestyle/storytelling, sometimes, which Is always really insightful to me and my sitter...as long as I have a formulated question!
I don't do general readings, as in no question or any idea as to why the querant wants a tarot reading lol.. Just not my style!
To be honest I wouldn't say I'm "connected" to any of them, I just have favourites that I use more than others, my mood at the time of a reading and my intuition usually decide on the best spread to use!

I don't resonate at all with the Celtic Cross.. It's too big for me, true I've never tried it, but personally I really don't think I need too, I'm more than happy with the spreads I use and my reading technique.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:50 PM
Experiencer
I use 3 or 5 cards in a row for Past, Present and Future. I like it simple and I also like to add 1 extra card at the end (sometimes). I don't like the big spreads, they are so confusing, like those with "How they see me", "How I see myself", "How I see the situation"....
So just 3 or 5 cards, and even 1 card for short answers or daily guidance.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Butterflies

I like the Celtic cross spread I think it gives a lot of detail to a question.. That said i also like past/present/future spread for quick questions :)
Old 07-05-2015, 03:54 AM
Pathfinder
I'm a fan of the positionless throw, Celtic Cross and my own multipurpose spread. :)
Old 07-05-2015, 05:03 PM
Everly

Really interesting responses. What really strikes me is the common tone of wanting to keep it simple, which I think is right on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lourdes
I'm a fan of the positionless throw, Celtic Cross and my own multipurpose spread. :)

While I don't care for the Celtic Cross, I like that you use your own. When I use cards, I either do what I call a "Streaming Reading", which might be similar to your positionless throw. Regular clients sometimes request one of my own layouts. (I've created several, mostly for fun and mental exercise, but they're useful. Most are based on the science and mythology of constellations.)
Old 07-05-2015, 05:06 PM
Master
I have a Soul Mate spread that I created specifically for Twin Flame and soul mate connections.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:57 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everly
Really interesting responses. What really strikes me is the common tone of wanting to keep it simple, which I think is right on.

While I don't care for the Celtic Cross, I like that you use your own. When I use cards, I either do what I call a "Streaming Reading", which might be similar to your positionless throw. Regular clients sometimes request one of my own layouts. (I've created several, mostly for fun and mental exercise, but they're useful. Most are based on the science and mythology of constellations.)

Hi Everly,

I am interested to know what your "streaming reading" is? I love the topic of spreads and I often experiment with different spreads but I usually come back to my own. I am working on my own interpretation of the Celtic Cross at the moment as I'm not a huge fan of the traditional version. :)
Old 12-05-2015, 01:23 PM
Newbie ;)

If I want a prediction or something to reflect on about one subject in my life, I shuffle, cut, and draw just the single top card and read that.

If I need to know about the path someone is on (myself or others) I do a simple three-card past-present-future reading.

Every once in a while, if I really need it or if someone requests an in-depth reading, I will use the Celtic Cross Spread since it shows the factors affecting the past. present, and future and give a verdict for the outcomes of the person's life on the path it is currently on.